Author Topic: Some Red Court Ideas  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Jabberwocky

• Conversationalist
  • Radical Reactionary Habsburg Loyalist
    • View Profile
Some Red Court Ideas
« on: January 12, 2016, 02:03:38 PM »
Before Christmas, some South American "Indians" usually come to Prague to perform music and earn some money. It occurred to me that in fact they could be RCVs visiting, maybe checking on the local situation, hunting a little and such. Than I came across a group who used the CO2 smoke effects (I don't really know how you call this in English) and it came to my mind that the vampires could be dispersing their saliva that way into the audience to influence them and make them to an easy prey. The next logical step was – air-condition! A clever vampire who runs a business or generaly owns a building could be dispersing their saliva in low concentration through the air-condition to exercise slight but constant influence over anything and anybody in their environment.

How would you treat such a situation? A scene aspect that the vampire can tag once in every scene, for example? It opens other possibilities, of course, such as someone (the PCs maybe) hacking such a device and jamming its effects and so on. Someone may find these ideas useful in their game…

(Btw., I haven't read JB's books; there might be something similar in them, I don't know.)
A Hundred Towers? – Our Prague campaign.
Dramatis personae – Cast of characters, both PCs and NPCs.

Offline moireth

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Some Red Court Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 08:54:43 PM »
I'd probably make it a scene aspect and then compel it against anyone who stayed in the building too long.
"The sparkmage shrieked, calling on the rage of the storms of his youth. To his surprise, the sky responded with a fierce energy he'd never thought to see again."

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 09:14:42 PM »
you *could* also make it an environmental effect. 

Lots more tracking and dice rolling this way.

make them resist a difficulty at intervals.  Crank up the difficulty gradually the longer they stay.

Or,

have everyone roll against a single attack right before they leave to represent their exposure.
Base the attack on the NPC vamps skill as if they attacked with addictive saliva.  Add an aspect (or tag the scene aspect) if they are there longer to represent a bigger exposure to the narcotic.

The last way to do it would be to use the rules under 'Addictive Saliva'.

Typically, however, this saliva is administered
out of combat—usually with an act of
intimacy (kissing) or unintentional ingestion
(spiking the punch). Roll Deceit with
a +2 bonus against the victim’s Discipline.
This is considered a “consequential contest”
(see page 193); if you win, you inflict a relevant
consequence (usually Addicted) on the
victim, severity determined by the contest.

I think this would be the best way of doing it.  Really, it's the same as owning a bar and having all the drinks spiked.
The severity would be mild at first but would, probably, increase the more often someone visits.

Offline Jabberwocky

• Conversationalist
  • Radical Reactionary Habsburg Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 10:30:47 PM »
Thank you for your reactions so far. I like your idea, moireth. I was somehow stuck with tags and invokes but this is elegant, indeed. Maybe compels really do solve everything :-)

Taran, your ideas are also very helpful. There are more ways around as I can see. An intelligent and cautious vampire who's not afraid of using the blessings of modern technology can achieve quite a lot :-)
A Hundred Towers? – Our Prague campaign.
Dramatis personae – Cast of characters, both PCs and NPCs.