Author Topic: Intra-Habble Transportation  (Read 15279 times)

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Intra-Habble Transportation
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 03:06:20 PM »
The surface is dangerous, what if they built tunnels linking the spires? How would such a network be different in scale then construction of the spires themselves.
k moinuddin

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2015, 03:40:58 PM »
The surface is dangerous, what if they built tunnels linking the spires? How would such a network be different in scale then construction of the spires themselves.
Literally speaking?  Two miles versus Hundreds or Thousands....  :P

Personally I think there is something more specifically hazardous about the Surface than just the critters, something akin to how being outdoors without Goggles opens you up to ether-born mental damage and blindness.  Otherwise underground bunker systems make more sense (from a structural standpoint) in all categories. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2015, 09:14:02 PM »
All we have heard is that there are spires and jungles, are there any seas or mountains? Differing ecosystems might allow different approaches.
k moinuddin

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2015, 09:32:31 PM »
All we have heard is that there are spires and jungles, are there any seas or mountains? Differing ecosystems might allow different approaches.
I think it's likely, but all we know of the surface is near Albion.  Mountains are guaranteed by the nature of a geologic planet*, and Oceans are all but guaranteed barring a non-earth location or a planetary level event that caused ether and Mist and whatnot.

*Before the actual release I had a theory based on nothing that the world would be a Gas Giant planet and the "Spires" would prove to be spikes from a planetary sized crystal that was floating in it's center (picture some of the spiky kryptonian crystals from the Superan movies).  The existence of a Surface disproves this completely, tragically.   
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 09:51:24 PM »
I wonder if there might be secret settlements in the safer regions of the surface. They could be very I portant in the future.
k moinuddin