Author Topic: Thoughts about "Iron Rot"  (Read 22219 times)

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts about "Iron Rot"
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2015, 10:39:38 PM »
They could be a magical created version of stalagmites and stalactites but in this form of the spire. The material needed drawn from the very mists surrounding it, easy bet that those mists are not just water, they are sure to contain something unique, and the spires leach the stuff for its own form.
k moinuddin

Offline Sully

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2015, 12:18:47 AM »
Ooh, I like that idea. 

In general, I wonder how the internals were shaped, since the outside is so durable.

Offline Brightbane

• Conversationalist
  • Totally obscene.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2015, 02:08:51 AM »
They could be a magical created version of stalagmites and stalactites but in this form of the spire. The material needed drawn from the very mists surrounding it, easy bet that those mists are not just water, they are sure to contain something unique, and the spires leach the stuff for its own form.
They get their water from the mists so unless they have a heavy filtering process then it's just water
Bob started tittering. "Look out! Look out for that vicious mega-squirrel, boss!" He said, hardly able to speak clearly. "My gosh! that ficus is about to molest you!"

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2015, 04:57:33 PM »
They get their water from the mists so unless they have a heavy filtering process then it's just water
They do an aweful lot of waste treatment and recycling, any of that should be more than enough to filter out most types of contaminants that might be in the mist. The vast majority simply wouldnt condense at the same temp/pressure state as the water itself, adn what's left might well be as simple more traditional acid rains and other water soluble stuff. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2015, 03:59:23 AM »
It might simple be chemicals and trace minerals drawn from the mists, like how people say that rain now carries high levels of estrogen. Also, it might not be some thing physically there in the mist, but magiclly or metaphorically there.

Such a huge construct with with extensive capabilities, providing a suitable environment, water, light and other necessities. I keep thing it is like a living entity, even if it is not organic.
k moinuddin