Author Topic: The Religious Relics: What Are They?  (Read 34579 times)

wizard nelson

Re: The Religious Relics: What Are They?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2015, 09:10:53 PM »
Well the swords represent specific forces eg. Love, faith, hope. Other dark forces exist in direct opposition, fear, despair, lust. Also I think walkers are loss, sorrow, rage(a product of fear, Harry mentions this. Idk where, I have it catalogued in my notes)and vengeance, no direct prof but vengeance/hate is death(sword of truth readers understand) also by definition from Harry about club zero lust equates with famine. Seven vampire courts, seven sins too, just that various forces get representation if they apply within the natural
Order

What I have no clue about is what things these objects might draw power through, e.g. Sacrifice as an aspect of love. Wondering if anyone has any idea's?
I doubt it matches perfect but I wonder about how the infinity gauntlets five gems might match  :o
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 02:11:30 AM by wizard nelson »

Offline narajabzadeh

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 12:17:51 AM »
I just assumed Nicodemus wanted the knife to make an anti-knight sword. Like a red lightsaber.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 05:40:35 AM »
 The swords allow angels to interfere without the fallen being allowed to act as well. A blade of the fallen would allow them to act more freely than before.
k moinuddin

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2015, 08:07:39 AM »
The swords allow angels to interfere without the fallen being allowed to act as well. A blade of the fallen would allow them to act more freely than before.
Like a coin of the fallen? The blades can act because the coins can act.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 12:53:42 AM »
 The blade might potentially allow unbound fallen a way to influence the world. THe swords each seem to have an archangel as their patron. Imagine such a blade used by a denarian host.
k moinuddin

Offline megarows

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 02:46:20 AM »

I don't think there are some kind of cosmic action points here, at least that we've ever seen.  No matter the affiliation of the divine being, if a mess gets made Uriel gets to clean it up.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 03:48:15 AM »
 How do the fallen usually deal with the swords? Alot of it is running right. It takes a specific act to break the power of a sword, what if this blade can be used to meet one of the swords? The sword allows a mortal to fight creatures more powerful on a even battle field. THe sword might undo that.
k moinuddin

Offline Lawgiver

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 01:23:41 PM »
I vaguely remember there being a spear that they used to cut into Christ's side after He died, but unless the "knife" is actually a spearhead... What's the deal?
Look into stories about Logninus Casca and the Spear of Destiny.

Casca was the soldier to stabbed Christ on the cross with his spear. Most legends indicate a two-part 'curse' surrounding this action.

First, Casca was cursed -- he couldn't die until Christ's return. Supposedly, then, he's still out there somewhere, wandering and waiting. There's even a fictional series of books written about it some time back in the 1970's iirc.

Second, because the spearhead was coated in Christ's blood, the holder becomes 'unbeatable' in battle. Over time the wooden pole the blade was attached to might have rotten away but the metal (especially because it had holy blood on it) hasn't corroded. Without the shaft it might well look like just a knife.
"Sufficiently advanced technology," my ass.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 02:46:38 PM »
First, Casca was cursed -- he couldn't die until Christ's return. Supposedly, then, he's still out there somewhere, wandering and waiting. There's even a fictional series of books written about it some time back in the 1970's iirc.
There was a TV show called Roar that had the main villain as Longinus, immortal and on a search for the Spear because he thought it might be able to finally kill him
Second, because the spearhead was coated in Christ's blood, the holder becomes 'unbeatable' in battle. Over time the wooden pole the blade was attached to might have rotten away but the metal (especially because it had holy blood on it) hasn't corroded. Without the shaft it might well look like just a knife.
You man something like this?  ;)
(click to show/hide)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Lawgiver

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 05:30:52 PM »
There was a TV show called Roar that had the main villain as Longinus, immortal and on a search for the Spear because he thought it might be able to finally kill him You man something like this?  ;)
(click to show/hide)
Close enough for government work.

:)

Edit to add: By the way, the Casca books were written by Barry Saddler... the guy who, while still a U.S. Air Force Staff Sergeant wrote the song "Ballad of the Green Berets". There are apparently more than 40 volumes,

For any who care....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:35:51 PM by Lawgiver »
"Sufficiently advanced technology," my ass.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 09:56:37 PM »
The knife can probably kill anything, immortal or not, and was used to kill Jesus. The grail is a purifier, the Crown of thorns and placard wards, and the shroud resurrects. Together they may have cured one third of the White God of Nemesis.

Look what had to be done for Leas cure a much less powerful being, and Mab killed Maeve rather than attempt a cure.

Why would Nic want the knife? It could kill a Fallen (not the host) and Nic knows he has Nemesis infected Denarians. Perhaps he is even contemplating its use against a fallen Archangel if needs be.

It has been hinted that these items may have older provenance to the era of the Greek boos or earlier which is why Hades has custody of them. The placard could be the earliest book of Magic, the book of Thoth which contained two spells, one to perceive the speech of animals, the other to allow the reader to perceive the gods.

If it is that Then given the popular theory concerning Mister being the White God,  Harry has the perfect tool to determine this, and to find out what Mouse really is.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:10:26 PM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 10:04:38 PM »
The knife can probably kill anything, immortal or not, and was used to kill Jesus. The grail is a purifier, the Crown of thorns and placard wards, and the shroud resurrects. Together they may have cured one third of the White God of Nemesis.

Look what had to be done for Leas cure a much less powerful being, and Mab killed Maeve rather than attempt a cure.

Why would Nic want the knife? It could kill a Fallen (not the host) and Nic knows he has Nemesis infected Denarians. Perhaps he is even contemplating its use against a fallen Archangel if needs be.

It has been hinted that these items may have older provenance to the era of the Greek boos or earlier which is why Hades has custody of them.

Maeve didn't want to be cured, its not like Mab just woke up that morning and said 'screw her, off with her head'. We have not even the slightest idea how the white Christ is going to play out in this series if at all, much less can make a definitive statement about his power levels as compared to say Lea, nor whether or not the Passion was necessary due to N-fection.
"Home is where, when you go there and tell people to get out, they have to leave." DDS

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2015, 09:59:25 AM »
All these items have been touched by blood, so they potentially carry some of his power. There is a list of around 40 miracles, it has healin and dealing with demons. So they could allow for similar act to happen again. The thing is I wonder what has happened to the cross it self.
k moinuddin

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2015, 10:06:10 AM »
To be clear, four of the items were soaked in his blood.

B but the fifth, the placard, does have his name on it.
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2015, 10:32:38 AM »
Blood might have still gotten on the object, cleanliness is not a priority in a crucification.
k moinuddin