Author Topic: The Fourth Holy Sword  (Read 41454 times)

Offline Mith

• Posty McPostington
  • Granny Winter, You're the best.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fourth Holy Sword
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 11:10:22 PM »
Considering that the Proof of God's Existence by Beer is an old joke, who knows?
Mister will never die, because Jim has already been threatened with typhoons, hurricanes, earthquakes and smog by the betas if he tries to off Mister.

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2015, 11:14:01 PM »
Understood.  And as we know the swords were active before the crucifixion, all "four" would have simply been Holy Swords before that point in history.  After that, the three active AA's would have the nails added and became the SotC, while the fourth sponsor just grumbled about being left out while wiping his bar down.
There have been quite a few comments along those lines, in regards to him and his drinks.  Cluebats or just poetic license?

Well I had never bothered to look up his Wiki page before however:

Quote from: wikipedia
Attributes: Archangel holding a bottle or flask;

How intriguing  8)
"Home is where, when you go there and tell people to get out, they have to leave." DDS

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2015, 11:19:38 PM »
Well I had never bothered to look up his Wiki page before however:

How intriguing  8)
Yeah, I thought the same.  I included it in the original theory as more circumstantial evidence, but later read that it's not to symbolize alcohol, but instead healing waters.

Offline Mith

• Posty McPostington
  • Granny Winter, You're the best.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2015, 11:23:28 PM »
But Whiskey is the "Waters of Life"!  You can't get any more healing then that!  ;D
Mister will never die, because Jim has already been threatened with typhoons, hurricanes, earthquakes and smog by the betas if he tries to off Mister.

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2015, 01:51:53 AM »
Yeah, I thought the same.  I included it in the original theory as more circumstantial evidence, but later read that it's not to symbolize alcohol, but instead healing waters.

Either way works...a flask denoting alcohol, but filled with healing water.

Did Mac ever have a flask to anyone's recollection?
"Home is where, when you go there and tell people to get out, they have to leave." DDS

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2015, 02:27:54 AM »
Either way works...a flask denoting alcohol, but filled with healing water.

Did Mac ever have a flask to anyone's recollection?
Not that I can recall.  I'm trying to remember if anyone has ever gotten drunk on Mac's beer.  Maybe one of the short stories had something.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's even all that alcoholic.

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2015, 02:29:14 AM »
Not that I can recall.  I'm trying to remember if anyone has ever gotten drunk on Mac's beer.  Maybe one of the short stories had something.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's even all that alcoholic.

Mac does raise an eyebrow at Harry's insistence on drinking heavily in Changes and I think thumbed the keys away from him iirc. I'm sure its plenty potent.

Offline Dashkull

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 02:40:40 AM »
Mac does raise an eyebrow at Harry's insistence on drinking heavily in Changes and I think thumbed the keys away from him iirc. I'm sure its plenty potent.

In changes he doesn't drink beer he asks for liquor. I don't think it specifies a type but fairly safe to assume it's whiskey.

However in White night he gets several beers and gets tipsy. And Mac takes his keys

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 02:44:26 AM »
In changes he doesn't drink beer he asks for liquor. I don't think it specifies a type but fairly safe to assume it's whiskey.

However in White night he gets several beers and gets tipsy. And Mac takes his keys

There ya go, was mixing and matching apparently  :P

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 04:38:43 AM »
 What if a magical sword similar to warden swords was made? Posibly made with the use of soul fire, or the potential to use soulire, to channel great power against their enemies.
k moinuddin

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2015, 11:44:33 AM »
Does it have to be a Sword that is no longer in use?   Could it possibly be that old knife Harry picked up in his latest romp?
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2015, 02:19:48 PM »
What if a magical sword similar to warden swords was made? Posibly made with the use of soul fire, or the potential to use soulire, to channel great power against their enemies.

Soulfire is still a bit of an unknown quality. We dunno if it simply gives temporary 'emphasis' on the spells/enchantments or if a sword was infused with it would allow such a power to linger. And if it requires some form of upkeep, which I suspect it would just not as much as say Harry's duster even once you get the knack of it, then you have to weigh the value vs the possible dangers.

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2015, 02:29:22 PM »
Does it have to be a Sword that is no longer in use?   Could it possibly be that old knife Harry picked up in his latest romp?

Other than cuz I like the story I made?  ;D

Mostly because it fits it two ways, IF Raphael is 'out of the game' and the angels do have some connection to the Swords, then it would make sense for it to be a physical representation of his 'absence'.

Granted that still falls into the WAG mentality of reasoning, so the other argument is based on the other relics and what event they are pointing to...Spear of Longinus makes more sense.

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2015, 04:10:38 PM »
Mostly because it fits it two ways, IF Raphael is 'out of the game' and the angels do have some connection to the Swords, then it would make sense for it to be a physical representation of his 'absence'.

Ah.

Well in that case, just go with saying that there indeed were originally four Nails, and that Triclavianism is just a way to hide the fact that the forces of Heaven lost a battle.
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2015, 04:16:25 PM »
Ah.

Well in that case, just go with saying that there indeed were originally four Nails, and that Triclavianism is just a way to hide the fact that the forces of Heaven lost a battle.

Haha that sounds like it would border into TT areas. But I do like the idea of a 'lost fourth nail'. Durendal was pretty specific as to what it supposedly housed in its hilt though, that's the main reason it blossomed the way it did.