Author Topic: Deirdre's Coin [Possible Spoilers]  (Read 31357 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Deirdre's Coin [Possible Spoilers]
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2014, 07:50:23 PM »
And note while Nic was 'in' on the plan to snatch up Ivy he never did anything DIRECT to either the capture of Marcone or Ivy, he let Tessa and her faction do that.  He even said as much to Harry more or less implying that this was all Tessa's idea and he was just along for the ride.

The worst Mab could do post the events of Small Favor was declare The Nickleheads no longer Members of the Accords and thusly no longer allowed or entitled to invoke it's rules or it's protections when dealing with other Members, she couldn't take more direct action against him till he cashed in his marker.
He didnt keep himself legally clear of the whole affair, far from it.  He just let Tessa and her faction handle the torture of the archive so that she'd target them first if she ever got loose.  From Mab's Point of View he laid a trap using her Accords as a weapon (which only she's allowed to do), prompting her to cash in one of Harry's Favors, and eventually get more personal revenge.

Also, it's worth noting that we have no idea how exactly the nickleheads have membership.  They werent openly listed that Harry could remember, and it's entirely possible that they simply have a member that's an independent, rather than being full members as a group/nation. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Mith

• Posty McPostington
  • Granny Winter, You're the best.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2014, 08:47:37 PM »
Okay, I'd forgotten that Mab said that explicitly.  Point conceded.

Didn't mean to hit you twice, but I got Ninja'd before I could post.
Mister will never die, because Jim has already been threatened with typhoons, hurricanes, earthquakes and smog by the betas if he tries to off Mister.

Offline Acalanthis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2014, 09:47:25 PM »
Alas! I am wounded.

No worries, mate.

Offline Mith

• Posty McPostington
  • Granny Winter, You're the best.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2014, 10:10:15 PM »
Wasn't really worried.  I just personally find it a bit overwhelming at times when there are multiple posts in a row pointing out the same thing to me.
Mister will never die, because Jim has already been threatened with typhoons, hurricanes, earthquakes and smog by the betas if he tries to off Mister.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2014, 04:45:14 AM »
 I wonder if now as an official breaker of the accords, does than mean they are an enemy of both winter and summer? so harry could draw upon fairy back up to deal with them in the future.
k moinuddin

Offline The Badger

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2014, 04:46:22 AM »
I wonder if now as an official breaker of the accords, does than mean they are an enemy of both winter and summer? so harry could draw upon fairy back up to deal with them in the future.

I started a new thread to deal with that very issue.
"Anything which can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."  Christopher Hitchens.