Author Topic: Request A Character  (Read 129787 times)

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Request A Character
« Reply #495 on: January 15, 2020, 02:29:51 PM »
I mean Obi-Wan would be a KotC or Knight of the Force. Maybe with a rote power of using telekinesis and augmenting his physical traits.
exactly as butters being StarWars nerd become a knight of cross means ....obi wan can be definitely knight of the cross

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 23, 2020, 03:29:33 PM »
Thumbalina- Rival of Toot for inexplicable reasons.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 27, 2020, 08:12:35 PM »
exactly as butters being StarWars nerd become a knight of cross means ....obi wan can be definitely knight of the cross

It was actually one of my early character-concepts -- the untrained wizard who envisioned his powers as "Jedi," and so that's how they all manifested.  He might have had more/other powers, given decent training... but 100% of his training came from Lucasfilm.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 27, 2020, 08:17:01 PM »
It was actually one of my early character-concepts -- the untrained wizard who envisioned his powers as "Jedi," and so that's how they all manifested.  He might have had more/other powers, given decent training... but 100% of his training came from Lucasfilm.

The flipside, of course, would be the warlock who envisions his powers as "Sith."

Poor Harry... "This Darth Wannabe is leaning in on the cosplay, but  dammit that lightsaber just cut my staff in half!!!"

It'd be a fun enemy, now, for Butters to face!

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 03, 2020, 05:49:03 AM »
Would love to see Po from the Kung Fu panda turned into a dresden files character.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 23, 2020, 07:06:24 AM »
The dead walk!

For a value of "the dead" which includes people who haven't posted in a while, of course.

Here's the current list of outstanding requests:

-Bullseye from the Daredevil tv show
-Sanji
-Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Thumbelina
-Po

Anyway, I'm only minimally familiar with Po, Bullseye, and Thumbelina. And my knowledge of Obi-Wan is limited to watching the first six movies years ago. I'd want a rundown on each before writing them up.

I can do Sanji easily enough. Here's a Sanji who just joined the Straw Hats:

(click to show/hide)

Not sure it's quite right, but it's a decent first attempt.

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 13, 2020, 04:27:53 PM »
The dead walk!

For a value of "the dead" which includes people who haven't posted in a while, of course.

Here's the current list of outstanding requests:

-Bullseye from the Daredevil tv show
-Sanji
-Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Thumbelina
-Po

Anyway, I'm only minimally familiar with Po, Bullseye, and Thumbelina. And my knowledge of Obi-Wan is limited to watching the first six movies years ago. I'd want a rundown on each before writing them up.

I can do Sanji easily enough. Here's a Sanji who just joined the Straw Hats:

(click to show/hide)

Not sure it's quite right, but it's a decent first attempt.
well sanji is pretty good with deciet actually heck he and girls are the most smartest comes to strawhats he plays cook most of the time but he isway well trained then he shows xeref basically polishes his basic abilities to the point that he is stronger then his family with out gear.

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 14, 2020, 01:11:19 PM »
The write up is pretty solid honestly and I was not aware of performance being the skill to go to when it comes to cooking and the like. I always felt that it fell under craftsmanship. Something to make note of and thank you for this. Its always a pleasure to see this thread back on its feets.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 15, 2020, 01:57:25 AM »
Performance for cooking is just my own interpretation; I don't think you're wrong to put it under Craftsmanship.

As for Sanji, yeah, he shows some real trickiness later in the story. Average Deceit might be too low. But this starting version of Sanji doesn't have a ton of room in his skill pyramid.

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 15, 2020, 06:39:29 PM »
Agreed and starting sanji looks really nice. Really really nice. I would eventually like to see a much later sanji who grows in refresh and skill points when you have the time of course.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 20, 2020, 01:37:33 AM »
Current Sanji.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Grey Council Warden

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 02, 2021, 07:08:38 AM »
How about John Constantine specifically Matthew Ryan’s portrayal. In the vein of the older rules? I do own a copy of Dresden falls accelerated but personally I do prefer the older rules. I enjoyed reading the book, but when I run or play I do prefer using the older rules.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 07, 2021, 11:02:24 PM »
Unfortunately, I know nothing about that portrayal of John Constantine. I know a bit about the character in general, but only a bit.

I can take a crack if you tell me more.

Offline cowardlylion

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 09, 2021, 07:50:27 PM »
Unfortunately, I know nothing about that portrayal of John Constantine. I know a bit about the character in general, but only a bit.

I can take a crack if you tell me more.

A world class confidence trickster, a cunning ritualist, a man who networks with Angels, Demon and creature of the Red, Green and the Grey and the in-between. When he does throw down it is usually with artefacts of power, magical items or rituals. The Matt Ryan one has a little evocation a little bit of pyromancy and seems to able to rush rituals so they can take effect as long as he is given a few moments which he usually can blag by keeping enemies talking. He is the master of prep-work and finding edges be they phycological, magical or physical.   

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 14, 2021, 08:24:47 AM »
I can do some stuff with that. Can't really write Aspects, though. Here's a start, picking Chest Deep more or less arbitrarily.

Fast rituals suggest some kind of Sponsored Magic variant. Not sure what kind of magic he throws around, though, so I'll leave that possibility for now.

Occult Network is overly broad; I'd want to narrow that down before calling this done.

Suberb: Deceit, Lore
Great: Discipline, Rapport
Good: Conviction, Empathy
Fair: Presence, Alertness
Average: Endurance, Stealth

Occult Network (Lore): Use Lore in place of Contacts for dealing with otherworldly beings.

Channeling (Fire) [-2]
Thaumaturgy [-3]