Author Topic: Request A Character  (Read 130853 times)

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Request A Character
« Reply #225 on: January 03, 2016, 06:17:34 PM »
Wow, forum's gotten quiet. Last time I brought this thread back, there were requests all over the place.
It might be neat to see your take on some of the Cinder Spires characters if you've read the book.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline S1C0

• Conversationalist
  • Don't worry about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 03, 2016, 09:47:01 PM »
Thank you for stating that out, what would also be cool is doing Batman's rogue gallery i would particularly like scarecrow and the riddler.
Vae Victus

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 04, 2016, 03:55:35 AM »
This is more like what I expected.

Phreddie Lamar; African-American gang leader who knows just enough about the supernatural to get into real trouble but is regarded as a curiosity and fool by those actually in the know.

John Clarke; a minor official at the UNHQ who inherited the duty of keeping the original of the Unseelie Accords safe from everyone, including Mab.

Sure, I can do these.

It might be neat to see your take on some of the Cinder Spires characters if you've read the book.

I haven't, I'm afraid. I'll need a description if you want me to do anything.

Thank you for stating that out, what would also be cool is doing Batman's rogue gallery i would particularly like scarecrow and the riddler.

Not sure I could do justice to those two. There are a bunch of versions, and I'm not terribly familiar with any of them...

Give me a brief writeup for your preferred version of each and I'll see what I can do.

Offline regitnui

• Conversationalist
  • -R-
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 04, 2016, 08:33:59 AM »
This is more like what I expected

We live to please.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with, especially for John Clarke.
On Wizardry:[/b]
There's basically nothing a Wizard couldn't do, given enough time, power, and moral flexibility. 

/\   /\
\'!'/

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 04, 2016, 02:41:29 PM »
(click to show/hide)

As always, feedback is more than welcome.
That's really awesome, I like what you've done very much!   Im trying to spot if there is anything I recall him doing that's not covered by one power or another, but I dont think there's much missing.  There's not much of a gap between Variable Abilities and Miracles, so things like large scale enlargement or multiple bodies would be covered.  Definitely proper god-levels.   

I do feel like his Immunity should be connected to his scholarship like his other abilities, somehow.  He described his ability to put himself back together as the first thing he learned in his new form.

His prophesy should perhaps be limited by a Catch, since the bad-guy was able to deceive his future sense via a large burst of tachyons (listing on the wiki as more or less his only weakness).

PS, out of curiosity, what /is/ the highest refresh character you've written?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #230 on: January 04, 2016, 09:06:45 PM »
Darth Vader....

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 04, 2016, 09:29:12 PM »
Darth Vader

Powers
Kill 1d4 enemies per round.
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #232 on: January 04, 2016, 10:28:59 PM »
Darth Vader

Powers
Kill 1d4 enemies per round.

I haven't played Star Wars In a while...but I've been playing lots of Epic Duels and Vader is pretty awesome

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2016, 04:08:28 AM »
Vader's not that hardcore. Sure, he's tough, but the PCs of Star Wars take him on in more-or-less fair fights and win.

Anyway, I can take a crack at him. There won't be an EU stuff in there, though, since I've only seen the movies. And even that was a while ago...hopefully I won't screw up the details.

That's really awesome, I like what you've done very much!

I do feel like his Immunity should be connected to his scholarship like his other abilities, somehow.  He described his ability to put himself back together as the first thing he learned in his new form.

His prophesy should perhaps be limited by a Catch, since the bad-guy was able to deceive his future sense via a large burst of tachyons (listing on the wiki as more or less his only weakness).

PS, out of curiosity, what /is/ the highest refresh character you've written?

Thanks.

I considered giving his Immunity some kind of Scholarship-related Limitation, but it seems to me that he's guaranteed to pull off a reconstruction. So there isn't much for his skill to do.

That looked like a Compel to me.

It's this super-spoilery Worm character. Don't click on that link unless you've read Worm: it spoils the only reveal I've ever really liked in fiction. Normally spoilers don't bug me, but this one would've pissed me off.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2016, 05:46:49 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 07:50:31 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline regitnui

• Conversationalist
  • -R-
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2016, 07:37:12 AM »
Cool! I like what you've done with Phreddie and John. I never would've thought of making John a Superlawyer. He might even be worth a player instead of just an NPC with those stunts. Thanks!
There's basically nothing a Wizard couldn't do, given enough time, power, and moral flexibility. 

/\   /\
\'!'/

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2016, 01:24:03 PM »
Vader's not that hardcore. Sure, he's tough, but the PCs of Star Wars take him on in more-or-less fair fights and win

I just wrote the name without putting much thought as to what he might have.  My knowledge of him is from the movies and from some of the rp stuff.  I never read any of the books. 

I wasn't sure if you'd go spirit magic or incite effect.  Telekinesis fits perfectly, though.

I don't remember anyone but Luke fighting him.  Usually people just run from Vader.  Vader captures Solo and the group in the Sky City and, even though Solo fights back, Vader disarms him pretty easily.

Vader only loses at the very end of the series, after Luke trains and becomes a full Jedi.  He's supposed to be the strongest Dark Jedi in the Galaxy.  (then again, there's only 2)  In any case, I feel he should be stronger.

Telekinesis seems to fit but I'd give it all the upgrades.  He can choke and all that and rip heavy objects off of walls.

His suit is supposed to give him boosted strength and endurance.  In the first movie, he lifts a guy off the floor with one hand and crushes his throat.  I'd probably give him Inhuman Strength and Toughness.  Not sure about recovery, though...doesn't seem to fit.  The strength would boost the damage on his Telekinesis and let him lift heavier objects with his mind.

I'd give him supernatural senses: sense the force; sense Force users; identify force users.   He can 'feel' when Luke is on a ship 100's of km's away - or even on the same planet.

He also deflected bolts with his hands...so I'm not sure if that power should be part of his light saber.  Maybe just the defensive upgrade of telekinesis.

In any case, that puts his refresh in the low teens, which isn't super high but still tough.

I like your stunts and Guide My Hand seems appropriate for almost any Jedi.

Marked BY Power (Empire?)

Offline Herlaking

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2016, 01:58:01 PM »
I'm kinda curious if anyone has done a politician, something like a generic president of the US, or an evil mayor in the style of Richard Wilkins III from Buffy.

Offline regitnui

• Conversationalist
  • -R-
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2016, 03:15:27 PM »
A thought occurs; has anyone attempted a druid in the vein of Atticus O'Sullivan from the Iron Druid series?

/\   /\
\'!'/

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2016, 03:41:52 PM »
A thought occurs; has anyone attempted a druid in the vein of Atticus O'Sullivan from the Iron Druid series?
There's been a few attempts.  You'd have to searh for It though.