Author Topic: dresden trivia  (Read 148277 times)

Offline Abstruse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
Re: dresden trivia
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2007, 06:03:15 AM »
Bob was not in the prequel story on line.  maybe rephrase the question to 14.   What characters have appeared in every published Dresden Files story so far?

just a thought

Possible "It's My Birthday, Too" spoilers:

(click to show/hide)

Offline DrygonDM

• Posty McPostington
  • Random Encounter #13
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon's Den
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 02:56:22 AM »
Re: number 20--I don't think it killed the Blampire, just messed him or her up very very badly.

Correct – That Blampire was killed by Harry's Faith-(in Magic)-powered Pentacle.
When One Ear stepped over it to get away, and the blue light caused it to burst into flame.
Respect must be earned.

If, in the Land of the Blind, the One Eyed Man is King - imagine the power of anyone that can clearly see !!!

Offline DrygonDM

• Posty McPostington
  • Random Encounter #13
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon's Den
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 08:29:12 AM »
1 - At Bianca’s masquerade party, what was the Dragon's Name?

2 What are the names of the Three Swords of the Cross?

3 Name Every re-occurring Major Character in all the Dresden Novels. And which book they originally appear in.

(click to show/hide)
Respect must be earned.

If, in the Land of the Blind, the One Eyed Man is King - imagine the power of anyone that can clearly see !!!

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
  • The Snark Side of the Force
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2007, 02:07:11 PM »
Actually Molly was introduced far earlier into the series, maybe not the third book, but she was definitely in Death Masks
Quote from: Shecky
It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning. It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2007, 02:18:32 PM »
Uilos is correct!  While she doesn't appear in Grave Peril, Molly makes a quite memorable appearance in Death Masks.  Not only does she give Harry the idea to tie Susan up to "bleep" more safely, she tricks Sanya into prank-calling a bunch of businesses, thus endearing her to me forever. :D

As for Madrigal Raith, while he is mentioned by name in Blood Rites, he doesn't actually appear until Proven Guilty.  I'm not sure where you're getting Death Masks.

You might want to mention Mac, as well.

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2007, 02:29:29 PM »
Uilos is correct!  While she doesn't appear in Grave Peril, Molly makes a quite memorable appearance in Death Masks.  Not only does she give Harry the idea to tie Susan up to "bleep" more safely, she tricks Sanya into prank-calling a bunch of businesses, thus endearing her to me forever. :D

As for Madrigal Raith, while he is mentioned by name in Blood Rites, he doesn't actually appear until Proven Guilty.  I'm not sure where you're getting Death Masks.

You might want to mention Mac, as well.

You forgot her mentioning the breast-fairy, you can never forget the breast fairy!
It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning. It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2007, 03:14:15 PM »
You forgot her mentioning the breast-fairy, you can never forget the breast fairy!

Or her "Surrender, Dorothy!" at Charity?  I certainly haven't forgotten. :D

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2007, 05:06:57 PM »
Which is actually ironic considering we find out that
(click to show/hide)

ok, back to the trivia...

Offline DrygonDM

• Posty McPostington
  • Random Encounter #13
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon's Den
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2007, 12:54:30 AM »
I would argue that Molly was a Minor Character in Death Masks and a Major Character in Proven Guilty.

However, by no means do I consider myself infallable. Corrections shall be construed as to be Constructive Criticism.

I would also count Nicodimus (Death Masks) as a Major Character, even though he was only in that book.
Being a Denarian leader is no joke.

Here's a Trivia Question that everyone is welcome to add to.
And should Villian Characters have a seperate Question?

Name all the Minor Characters in the Dresden Novels, and what Book they appear and what book they “fade out”.
storm front - fool moon - grave peril - summer knight - death masks - blood ties - dead beat - proven guilty - white night
(click to show/hide)

Another Question might be  - do we count least Characters, such as Spike?
Respect must be earned.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2007, 01:27:05 AM »
For starters, what are your standards on "Minor Characters"?  XD

Anyway, Rawlins' first appearance is in Dead Beat and I believe Stallings first appears in Grave Peril, not Fool Moon.  And Bianca first shows up in Storm Front.

Offline DrygonDM

• Posty McPostington
  • Random Encounter #13
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon's Den
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2007, 04:34:21 PM »
For starters, what are your standards on "Minor Characters"?  XD

Anyway, Rawlins' first appearance is in Dead Beat and I believe Stallings first appears in Grave Peril, not Fool Moon.  And Bianca first shows up in Storm Front.

Where does Bianca appear in Storm Front? I think that she is mentioned in there, but not actually encountered....
I would have to read the whole story to find it, and you might be able to answer quicker than I can find it.
=============================================================================================================
Humm, I suppose that I now have three terms - Least Character - Minor Character - Major Character.

Although Spike played the part of "Thug's Aid" in Storm front and "Dead Clue Person" in Fool Moon, he was forever a Least Character.
Someone that Harry was aware of, but did not really affect him much.

I suppose that I would consider a Minor Character someone that Harry interacts with more then once, but does not really have a lot of impact on Harry - or the Story.
Harry encounters the Carpenter Family as a Whole (I forget which book) -  Molly as a Minor Character in Death Masks, and Molly as a Major Character in Proven Guilty.

I would also say that Charity is a Least Character until Proven Guitly, where as the Minor Character of Avenging Mother she rocks!!
But, does her status change to Major Character? I would say, "Not yet."

As for Rawlings - You are forgetting the Battle of S.I. in Fool Moon - where everyone went up against the Loup Garu.
We met a lot of the Characters that were supporting Murphy in the Fight Against the Monsters.
They may not have had much mention, but they were there. Like being Least Characters, promoted to Minor Characters when the Story focused on them.
A bit extreeme on the point, but the Q was - "When is the first time you see these people?"

Major Characters are those that we see interacting with Harry a lot, and make an impact on him, and the Story.
Like with Nicodemus - although Harry only encountered him in Death Masks, Old Nick really made Harry realize the Truth of his Life, and face those facts. Old Nick changed Harry - and not just because he gave Lashiel to him.

As for Lashiel, I would have to say that Harry keeps her as a Minor Character; someone that is there, but does not control him - or change the Story.
=============================================================================================================
Now - my Question would be do we list each catagory - Least Characters - Minor Characters - and Major Characters?

I don't know if I would want to list every Character that Harry has ever encountered.

Respect must be earned.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2007, 05:24:23 PM »
I think you're taking this particular trivia question a bit further than it needs to go. :D

As for Rawlins (not Rawlings), he wasn't in SI at that time, and he is not mentioned by name until Dead Beat.  Micky Malone, who we learn in Grave Peril took part in the battle with the loup-garou, isn't mentioned by name either.  Your question is about appearance, and being mentioned by name (or description, as Ramirez is in Summer Knight) is the only way of judging that.

As for listing every character that Harry has ever encountered, you'd only be reinventing the wheel.  Just wait until the RPG comes out... *drools*

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2007, 05:42:07 PM »
Where does Bianca appear in Storm Front? I think that she is mentioned in there, but not actually encountered....
I would have to read the whole story to find it, and you might be able to answer quicker than I can find it.

Bianca is introduced very early into the first book. Chapter 9 to be precise

Offline DrygonDM

• Posty McPostington
  • Random Encounter #13
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon's Den
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM »
Bianca is introduced very early into the first book. Chapter 9 to be precise

Thanks.

I think you're taking this particular trivia question a bit further than it needs to go. :D

As for Rawlins (not Rawlings), he wasn't in SI at that time, and he is not mentioned by name until Dead Beat.  Micky Malone, who we learn in Grave Peril took part in the battle with the loup-garou, isn't mentioned by name either.  Your question is about appearance, and being mentioned by name (or description, as Ramirez is in Summer Knight) is the only way of judging that.

As for listing every character that Harry has ever encountered, you'd only be reinventing the wheel.  Just wait until the RPG comes out... *drools*

Interesting.

And I also nerviously await said RPG......
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 11:07:23 PM by DrygonDM »
Respect must be earned.

Offline Shandra

• Conversationalist
  • Dark Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2007, 07:59:27 PM »
How about a list of characters that have been seen (mentioned by name) in 3 or more books....  That would create a list of characters significant enough for a slightly more than average fan could have a chance of naming.  :)
Some people are brave; others just don't know any better.