Author Topic: Release Date?  (Read 20671 times)

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
Release Date?
« on: March 16, 2014, 08:44:30 PM »
 I was wandering through Goodreads and saw an "expected publication" date of Aug 7, 2014.
Any info on how accurate this might be?

Edit by Priscellie:

We have a release date! September 29th, 2015! 

Full Details: http://www.jim-butcher.com/posts/2015/cinder-spires-1-release-date
Preorder: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/?cat=7
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:38:22 PM by Priscellie »
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Sydna

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Release Date?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 11:28:51 PM »
I was wandering through Goodreads and saw an "expected publication" date of Aug 7, 2014.
Any info on how accurate this might be?

Not really. I have no idea how they came by that date. It hasn't been announced by the publishing company. Serack got any ideas?
Not by fire but by ice.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 01:30:51 AM »
Not really. I have no idea how they came by that date. It hasn't been announced by the publishing company. Serack got any ideas?

He said a couple few weeks ago something along the lines of, "my deadline is Monday"  so that might have been the expected pub date if he met that deadline and if they give him a prime publishing timeline (most books take a while to edit and stuff but supposedly Jim's are way ahead of the 8 ball on that when he submits them to the editor.)  However, I'd estimate he's still got a little under a third of the book left to write.  And he's traveling to Australia...
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 04:13:40 AM »
  And he's traveling to Australia...
That means he should be done by the time he gets there, right? I mean, it'll be summer 2014 there, and he's already got 2/3's done.  ;)

Offline Dennis_H

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »
Any updates on how close Jim is to being done?

Offline skaerber

• Conversationalist
  • I am the last... I will tell the audient void...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 12:31:10 AM »
"You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles."- Miracle Max

In all seriousness, I think patience is the keyword in this case. More information on the Cinder Spires will be released, of course you will have to pay for it by waiting lol.
"Cheese! For everyone!!" -Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness

Offline raljamcar

• Posty McPostington
  • "United we Stand, Divided we Fall"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 07:42:51 PM »
The august 7th date was probably just set because its my birthday, and Jim used his freaky deaky mind powers to know that, and gimme a book.... Right?
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
- George Orwell

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 07:54:44 PM »
The august 7th date was probably just set because its my birthday, and Jim used his freaky deaky mind powers to know that, and gimme a book.... Right?
Suresure, that must be it  ;)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 07:44:38 PM »
he did an interview two weeks ago, it's in YouTube, and he said he's for one last bit to write, and then it's off to the editor. it could be six months odds editing and publishing, but I'm hoping for Dec or Jan.

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 02:09:39 AM »
Yay!
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline EyeballKid

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 06:51:51 AM »
I just returned from the signing in Scottsdale, where Jim said that he has yet to finish the first book due to exploding teeth problems.

Also, not sure if this has been reported before, but Jim said he has a deal for 3 books, which could become 6, but he would love it to go to 9 books or so - because he's having so much fun writing it and the Beta readers are loving it.

Offline ansatsusha80

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 01:26:47 PM »
he did an interview two weeks ago, it's in YouTube, and he said he's for one last bit to write, and then it's off to the editor. it could be six months odds editing and publishing, but I'm hoping for Dec or Jan.

Is this it ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyAKU7sNWYI

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 10:03:18 PM »

Is this it ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyAKU7sNWYI
Nah, it was a different one.  I'll see if I can find it later.  It's been a few weeks, and I've watched a bunch of con videos in the meantime.  But there may be something about it in that one.  I don't know that I've watched it.  I think I've seen bits of other videos from that same Q&A.

Offline OZ

• Posty McPostington
  • Great and Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 12:27:11 AM »
Jim said the same thing at Phoenix Comicon. The book would have already been completed except for the exploding tooth. It was very close. He said something about "next year" when asked when it would come out. I hope that was off the cuff and not accurate. I was hoping for a Fall release date so we could have alternating Spring and Fall releases of TDF and CS.
How do you know you have a good book?  It's 3am and you think "Just one more chapter!"

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 08:31:33 PM »
I watched one of Jim appearances where he told the audience how his dental problems caused a delay to his finishing the first book.  He said his new deadline to finish is July 1st.  If you look at the calender you'll see that he's not making any more personal appearances until San Diego Comicon in late July.  With his schedule clear I assume Jim will finish around July 1st, so in theory we could see a Christmas release date, but I won't be surprised if we have to wait until next spring, say sometime in March.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx