Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 258530 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #840 on: June 10, 2018, 01:25:41 AM »
Yeah, you got me.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 10, 2018, 08:39:45 AM »
...well...
You know that's the original reasoning I got
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 11, 2018, 01:13:40 PM »
You know that's the original reasoning I got
(click to show/hide)
My current cosmology theory would have no trouble with the Archangels being splinter personalities/Avatar's of the Creator, in the same way that some Hindu frameworks view all gods as aspects of Brahman. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 12, 2018, 10:39:44 PM »
Andre Braugher as Steed or Chandler.
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 13, 2018, 11:30:47 AM »
Andre Braugher as Steed or Chandler.
Naah, I always pictured him as a bit more on the young&dapper side. But now I really want Braugher in there somewhere.  Rawlins, or maybe La Fortier?  Could even get behind him as Morgan.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 13, 2018, 04:10:37 PM »
Andre Braugher would play a good Uriel in my opinion. What about Martin Freeman as Chandler?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 13, 2018, 04:40:31 PM »
I like both suggestions.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 13, 2018, 08:51:40 PM »
For Uriel I would like some one with gravitas, but can play the straight man to Harry's humor. Based on Andre's work in Brooklyn Nine-Nine he would be great in that role.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 13, 2018, 10:05:45 PM »
I like Colin Salmon for Chandler.  He's got a proper gravitas that Chandler should have.  A charming confidence of self.  He doesn't conform to the textual description of Chandler, but I think he fits.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 14, 2018, 11:07:20 AM »
I like Colin Salmon for Chandler.  He's got a proper gravitas that Chandler should have.  A charming confidence of self.  He doesn't conform to the textual description of Chandler, but I think he fits.

I never actually got 'Gravtias' from Chandler, he was all non-stop fashion quips and one of the first things he ever said was "“I am freezing off my well-tailored ass,”".  He ranks right up there with Binder as an unapologetic cultural stereotype.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 14, 2018, 04:12:46 PM »
Colin Salmon is certainly acceptable to me as Chandler.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 14, 2018, 11:13:28 PM »
I never actually got 'Gravtias' from Chandler, he was all non-stop fashion quips and one of the first things he ever said was "“I am freezing off my well-tailored ass,”".  He ranks right up there with Binder as an unapologetic cultural stereotype.
Maybe gravitas isn't what I'm looking for.  Maybe supercilious without the arrogance?  That thing some Brits can do where they can likeably get away with saying, "Yes, because I'm British."

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 15, 2018, 11:58:31 AM »
Maybe gravitas isn't what I'm looking for.  Maybe supercilious without the arrogance?  That thing some Brits can do where they can likeably get away with saying, "Yes, because I'm British."
I kinda want somebody like Matt Bomer without actually being Thoma- I mean Matt Bomer.  In the sense that Steed's defining trait to me (more than even his britishness) is that he can be obsessed with fashion while still being a badass.

Dapper.  Thats the word Im looking for:  Chandler Steed needs to exude "Dapper" from every pore

A Neil Patrick Harris, or maybe a well-groomed Orlando Jones?  or OOOh!  Taye Diggs!  Can Taye Diggs do a British accent?  Id also be fine with Chadwick Boseman playing it light and British like he did in Gods of Egypt. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 15, 2018, 01:02:36 PM »
I kinda want somebody like Matt Bomer without actually being Thoma- I mean Matt Bomer.  In the sense that Steed's defining trait to me (more than even his britishness) is that he can be obsessed with fashion while still being a badass.

Dapper.  Thats the word Im looking for:  Chandler Steed needs to exude "Dapper" from every pore

A Neil Patrick Harris, or maybe a well-groomed Orlando Jones?  or OOOh!  Taye Diggs!  Can Taye Diggs do a British accent?  Id also be fine with Chadwick Boseman playing it light and British like he did in Gods of Egypt.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 15, 2018, 01:09:22 PM »

Still too much gravitas for dapper.  There's a certain devil-may-care foppishness invoked in bitching about fashion as an alternative to gallows humor.  Put another way, he needs to be stylish without being a default authority figure, which is more of what I consider Colin Salmon's wheelhouse.

FWIW Ive only seen Salmon in Arrow, which was a character that never got more carefree than a sad, burdened half-smile.  So I may just be underestimating his range. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/