Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 257559 times)

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #450 on: November 26, 2014, 12:06:27 PM »
You don't think she is pretty? She was our Lolita. Genetic lottery.
You could google Ingrid Grudke too.
I quite clearly agreed that she's pretty.  She just isn't statuesque, traffic stopping, whiplash inducing, unapproachably beautiful. Molly is fae beautiful without resorting to a glamour.
As for Ingrid, you're getting closer, but there's something off about her.  Either I found bad pics of her or she is one of those people who is mostly good looking but only from the right angle.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 12:12:38 PM by mid_life_crisis »
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 26, 2014, 01:01:32 PM »
Nicole has stopped the traffic more than once. I don't think I can imagine someone more statuesque, perhaps someone even taller (according to wiki she is 5 ft 8 1⁄2 in) but with her long legs she seems even taller. And again, when I think in genetic lottery I think in someone like Nicole (or a brunette version, which is discarded in this case)
And...to be honest, I don't think Molly is sooooo pretty as you said. She has not stopped the traffic in Chicago, as far as I remember. I never thought she could be "fae beautiful" before her promotion.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 26, 2014, 01:49:26 PM »
Nicole has stopped the traffic more than once. I don't think I can imagine someone more statuesque, perhaps someone even taller (according to wiki she is 5 ft 8 1⁄2 in) but with her long legs she seems even taller. And again, when I think in genetic lottery I think in someone like Nicole (or a brunette version, which is discarded in this case)
And...to be honest, I don't think Molly is sooooo pretty as you said. She has not stopped the traffic in Chicago, as far as I remember. I never thought she could be "fae beautiful" before her promotion.
I think that may be partly because of Harry's POV, in which he is actively trying to not notice her, but still does anyway, and is made uncomfortable by it.  If you take the Svartalves reaction in Bombshells as more objective, she is model quality of some flavor at the very least. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 26, 2014, 01:53:02 PM »
I think that may be partly because of Harry's POV, in which he is actively trying to not notice her, but still does anyway, and is made uncomfortable by it.  If you take the Svartalves reaction in Bombshells as more objective, she is model quality of some flavor at the very least.
"brick supermodel".
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 26, 2014, 01:58:03 PM »
That is why I suggested a model. And for the same reasons you mentioned I think Harry watches her prettier than she is (or was, now she is prettier. Anyway, my pic was a child for her first appearance)
Mmm, Claudia Schiffer? (when she was young)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 26, 2014, 04:36:13 PM »
"brick supermodel".
ya, I always hated that description of her.  I mean, Commodores aside, when I think of a Brick House words like square, blocky, rough, durable and utilitarian come to mind.  Not much of anything that would apply to most normal images of Feminine Beauty.  More like Prof. Pounder than Molly.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 26, 2014, 05:09:11 PM »
ya, I always hated that description of her.  I mean, Commodores aside, when I think of a Brick House words like square, blocky, rough, durable and utilitarian come to mind.  Not much of anything that would apply to most normal images of Feminine Beauty.  More like Prof. Pounder than Molly.
It comes from "brick shit-house", which is to imply that it is built far better than it needs to be, since outhouses are made to be torn down and moved every so often.  The Commodores put a musical space in there as self censoring of the expression.
In other words, Molly has a body that is built better than anyone should have.

Offline Rukhage

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 26, 2014, 06:39:46 PM »
It comes from "brick shit-house", which is to imply that it is built far better than it needs to be, since outhouses are made to be torn down and moved every so often.  The Commodores put a musical space in there as self censoring of the expression.
In other words, Molly has a body that is built better than anyone should have.

I'm guessing it's too much of an americanism so it's possible that non US readers won't get the reference.

Offline cass

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 26, 2014, 07:09:40 PM »
As an American, I can definitively state not even all Americans would get it. I know the phrase, but I've never really been clear on whether it's a good or a bad thing to be built like a brick ****house.  I mean, on one hand, I'd rather that then something easily tipped or otherwise destroyed, but on the other, it could totally be interpreted to mean someone who is built blockily and sturdily and not particularly conventionally prettily. (Someone saying this in admiration could simply be commenting on strength, not hotness.)  I never interpreted it as meaning "constructed of superior quality than necessary".

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 26, 2014, 07:15:26 PM »
As an American, I can definitively state not even all Americans would get it. I know the phrase, but I've never really been clear on whether it's a good or a bad thing to be built like a brick ****house.  I mean, on one hand, I'd rather that then something easily tipped or otherwise destroyed, but on the other, it could totally be interpreted to mean someone who is built blockily and sturdily and not particularly conventionally prettily. (Someone saying this in admiration could simply be commenting on strength, not hotness.)  I never interpreted it as meaning "constructed of superior quality than necessary".
That's what it means, though.  Definitely a compliment.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 26, 2014, 08:46:46 PM »
Ah, all right. I interpreted it as a not so delicate supermodel. The problem is none supermodel I know fits midlife expectations (at least, not with Molly's ancestry).
Missing you, Md 

Offline OZ

• Posty McPostington
  • Great and Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 26, 2014, 09:22:02 PM »
I always thought the  term was referring to the fact that a normal outhouse was usually wooden and fairly poorly constructed. One that was made of brick was far superior and far better built than the norm so a woman that was built like a brick ****house was far "better built" or had a far superior body to the norm.
How do you know you have a good book?  It's 3am and you think "Just one more chapter!"

Offline OZ

• Posty McPostington
  • Great and Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 26, 2014, 09:25:23 PM »
Since Charity, while described a shapely and attractive, was able to wield a war hammer while wearing armor and a sword at her belt, I always figured that she had a build that while shapely was "sturdy". Molly is said to take after her mother so I always figured she was not slender and delicate.
How do you know you have a good book?  It's 3am and you think "Just one more chapter!"

Offline Rukhage

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 26, 2014, 10:18:54 PM »
So more Pentathlon runner/field hockey player than supermodel.

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 27, 2014, 12:03:23 AM »
Gorgeous fitness model?