Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 255254 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #855 on: June 15, 2018, 03:00:07 PM »
Krypton! You should see it.

Also, how old are we talking?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 15, 2018, 05:51:03 PM »
Still too much gravitas for dapper.  There's a certain devil-may-care foppishness invoked in bitching about fashion as an alternative to gallows humor.  Put another way, he needs to be stylish without being a default authority figure, which is more of what I consider Colin Salmon's wheelhouse.

FWIW Ive only seen Salmon in Arrow, which was a character that never got more carefree than a sad, burdened half-smile.  So I may just be underestimating his range.
He usually plays characters with a commanding presence.  But that's kind of how I picture Steed.  Your take on him seems more foppish than mine.  I took him as concerned about his appearance, but no more than your typical British gentleman.  And his use of Casual capital Letters struck me as more "assumed British superiority" than "foppish dandy".

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 15, 2018, 07:23:01 PM »
So, you are thinking a young Roger Moore?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 17, 2018, 01:49:50 AM »
Anders Hagström from Ashbury Heights band is dapper. :)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 21, 2018, 12:08:16 PM »
He usually plays characters with a commanding presence.  But that's kind of how I picture Steed.  Your take on him seems more foppish than mine.  I took him as concerned about his appearance, but no more than your typical British gentleman.  And his use of Casual capital Letters struck me as more "assumed British superiority" than "foppish dandy".
Ya, my read was definitely more on the foppish side of it; still competent in the extreme, but the sort of guy that puts effort into being disarmingly charming, who doesnt want the first impression to be a commanding presence or anything so formidable.  Which makes sense since he's a chronomancer that makes the rest of the council nervous.  I pictured him more the sort of guy that surprises the hell out of people when he whips a sword out of his cain and actually knows how to use it. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 02, 2018, 02:14:54 AM »
Siddig el Fadil aka Dr. Bashir from Deep Space Nine would be good as Nic. He was recently in Game of Thones, too. He’s still very handsome and charming.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 02, 2018, 03:04:51 AM »
Ra's al Ghul in Gotham too  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 02, 2018, 11:57:08 PM »
Thanks for the DS9 mention. I saw him on Gotham and thought, "Man, he looks familiar."
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 03, 2018, 02:07:00 AM »
LOL! I am too much a trekker to have problems identifying the main actors and so I tend to imagine everyone is like me  :). He goes by Alexander Siddig since years ago, but he will always be Siddig el Fadil for me.
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 03, 2018, 10:51:40 PM »
I was more of a TNG than a DS9.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline ITheHellAmFan

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 14, 2018, 01:17:41 AM »
I was more of a TNG than a DS9.
I was the opposite.
"I will not treat your dusty path and flat,
Denoting this and that by this and that,
Your world immutable wherein no part
the little maker has with maker's art."
-Mythopoeia, J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 17, 2018, 03:28:45 AM »
Siddig el Fadil aka Dr. Bashir from Deep Space Nine would be good as Nic. He was recently in Game of Thones, too. He’s still very handsome and charming.

I want him for Rashid. 

I'm leaning more towards Crispen Glover for Nicodemus now that my old choice (Robert Knepper) has been accused of things.

Glover (and Knepper) work as Nicodemus for me because they just look like bad guys.  Even if they're lovely in real life, they look evil.  And that's how I imagine Nico looking after centuries of being evil; he can act nice, but he's not fooling anyone.

Offline zetadog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 28, 2018, 09:00:41 PM »
clancy brown: Morgan
Guy Pierce: Harry
Lou Diamond Phillips: Injun Joe
Billy Bob Thornton: Marcone
Cilian Murphy: Thomas

it is hard because the iconic actors i can think of are kinda old

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 28, 2018, 11:42:51 PM »
Eh...no.
I really don't like your choices for Harry and Thomas. No problems with the others.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 30, 2018, 05:38:53 PM »
Okay, Guy Pierce? Not a chance -.-
I don't like your choice of Marcone either. TBH, I think Benedict Cumberbatch with all grey hair would do much better in that role.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير