Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259326 times)

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #420 on: November 21, 2014, 06:44:46 PM »
i know he's been mentioned before, but I'm throwing my support behind Billy Burke for Harry.

Taller than average, dark hair, wiry build no can do snark in his sleep. A little old for the first books, perhaps, but Hollywood magic can fix that and he weathers well for when Harry gets battered.

Will you give me David Lyons for Michael? Of is he too pretty?

I hadn't really looked up Billy Burke before as a possible Harry, but now that I have I would say he has the sort of look I envision when I read the books.  I don't think the age is *that* big of an issue because of special effects and the fact that Harry probably looks rough for his age, even in Storm Front.

As for your suggestion of David Lyons for Michael...looking at his photos on IMDB he seems to be a bit of a chameleon, but his face in some photos looks Michael-ish to me.  I wouldn't say he's too pretty, but he may be a bit too young-looking (Michael is in his 40s the first time we meet him and given how he has lived his life, I would imagine he looks every bit of it) and not beefy enough.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 21, 2014, 09:12:51 PM »
I insist Billy Burke is MacGyver.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Chelle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 22, 2014, 04:27:23 AM »
I'm thinking more of Revolution Season 2 David Lyons - where he's more muscle and has a beard - allowed to show his age, too.  He's only 3 years younger than me, which would make him 38, currently.

Sheesh, I've gotten old.

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #423 on: November 23, 2014, 10:17:26 AM »
I hadn't really looked up Billy Burke before as a possible Harry, but now that I have I would say he has the sort of look I envision when I read the books.  I don't think the age is *that* big of an issue because of special effects and the fact that Harry probably looks rough for his age, even in Storm Front.

I like the looks, but I really can't square with the age difference. That actor is 10 years older than Harry's supposed to be now in Skin Game, which means he's nearly 25 years older than Storm Front Harry.

I think Harry might actually not look too beat-up for his age, especially considering wizardly recuperative powers. He's got more scars than most, but other than that, nah.
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Rukhage

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 25, 2014, 04:10:51 AM »
Hey guys! New to the forum here, but I thought I would add my two cents and throw my cast list (apologies if some of the choices are already re-hashed or repeated.)

Harry Dresden - Jared Padalecki (I think he could age into the role, considering he looks young enough to play SF Harry)
Karrin Murphy - Sarah Michelle Gellar or
Thomas Raith - Matt Bomer or Ian Somerhalder
Donald Morgan - Kevin McNally
Bob - James Marsters (stuck in my head since the audiobooks)
Waldo Butters - Jay Baruchel
Will Borden - Justin Long
Georgia Borden - Leelee Sobieski
Michael Carpenter - Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Charity Carpenter - Lucy Lawless (since Jim mentioned her in an interview now I can't picture her any other way!)
Molly Carpenter - Kaley Cuoco (it's a big maybe, but I think she can pull off the complexity, not just the looks)
John Marcone - Jeffrey Donovan (dead ringer when you see him play mob types in 'Burn Notice')
Nicodemus Archleone - Viggo Mortensen (it's not just the looks, but the voice that does it for me)
Deidre - Lorde (I really don't know why, I just seem to picture her like that for some reason)
Sigrun Gard - Tricia Helfer or Kristanna Loken
Sanya - Idris Elba
Shiro - Ken Watanabe or Sonny Chiba
Lara Raith - Angelina Jolie
Leanansidhe - Christina Hendricks (though she might be a bit too buxom) or Famke Jannsen
Kincaid - Daniel Craig

I welcome any suggestions and/or thoughts. :)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 25, 2014, 04:13:10 AM »
I approve many of your choices. I never liked Hendricks but I had not considered Famke. It's a good idea.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Rukhage

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 25, 2014, 04:20:42 AM »
I approve many of your choices. I never liked Hendricks but I had not considered Famke. It's a good idea.

Thanks.  I'm having a hard time picturing anyone in particular for Murphy, and for me SMG is just a placeholder really.  I would say Reese Witherspoon but I'm a bit reluctant.

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #427 on: November 25, 2014, 07:58:55 AM »
Good one with Kaley Cuoco for Molly - I could see that too! If she can pull off the complexity.

Christina Hendricks is buxom enough (and a redhead) to be Andi. Although she's quite a bit older than a college student... but I've cast her as Lea, too.
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 25, 2014, 01:46:20 PM »
Good one with Kaley Cuoco for Molly - I could see that too! If she can pull off the complexity.

Penny has come a long way, but in all the things Ive seen Cuoco done, none of them have really come across as intelligent as Id hope Molly to be, even when she was trying for it. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 25, 2014, 05:53:06 PM »
Penny has come a long way, but in all the things Ive seen Cuoco done, none of them have really come across as intelligent as Id hope Molly to be, even when she was trying for it.
The problem with Cuoco is that while she is pretty, she isn't drop dead, brick Nordic supermodel gorgeous.  What I'm saying is that I've successfully hit on women that looked that good.  Molly is described as having won the genetic lottery in the looks department.  She has to be intimidatingly beautiful, not just pretty, and classically beautiful, not just the pouty lipped flavor of the month.
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 25, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »
The problem with Cuoco is that while she is pretty, she isn't drop dead, brick Nordic supermodel gorgeous.  What I'm saying is that I've successfully hit on women that looked that good.  Molly is described as having won the genetic lottery in the looks department.  She has to be intimidatingly beautiful, not just pretty, and classically beautiful, not just the pouty lipped flavor of the month.
Agreed, she is definitely the more Girl Next Door pretty  (Makes sense since Girl Next Door is basically her schtick.  Though for that reason I could see her being great at Andi.  A nerdy girl that was self-conscious and to start a bit overweight, but pulling the Duckling to Swan thing.  Hell, for that matter with her as Andy it would make Galeki a perfect Butters all around. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 25, 2014, 08:11:19 PM »
Bryana Holly is what I currently picture for Molly.  Since she's only a model, I have no idea if she can act.  She's not really a "casting" choice for me, so much as a template for the looks aspect.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Rukhage

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 25, 2014, 08:34:05 PM »
Agreed, she is definitely the more Girl Next Door pretty  (Makes sense since Girl Next Door is basically her schtick.  Though for that reason I could see her being great at Andi.  A nerdy girl that was self-conscious and to start a bit overweight, but pulling the Duckling to Swan thing.  Hell, for that matter with her as Andy it would make Galeki a perfect Butters all around.

Not a bad idea!

As for Molly, it's hard to find someone who fits that characteristic, maybe a Swedish actress like Helena Mattsson could do?

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:02:05 PM by Rukhage »

Offline Rukhage

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 26, 2014, 02:12:40 AM »
And ever since he's appeared, Binder is Sean Pertwee in my mind.  His voice is even perfect for the role.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 26, 2014, 02:32:48 AM »
And ever since he's appeared, Binder is Sean Pertwee in my mind.  His voice is even perfect for the role.

no way. he's ruining Alfred for me. I don't know if I'll ever forgive him.