Author Topic: Skin Game Predict-a-thon. [All the latest Spoilers permitted and encouraged]  (Read 54346 times)

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Sorry guys--I wasn't trying to shout.  Just wanted to distinguish between questions and answers.  Am unfamiliar with this system--didn't realize the quotes would automatically come back in bold once posted, until I did.

1. We have been told that Nicodemus has a very specific target in mind, ostensibly kept in the Labyrinth of Daedalus.  What is Nic trying to get his hands on and why?

Two possibilities: Pandora's Box (to bring about Armageddon), the Golden Fleece (for its restorative powers).

I admit to considering additional possibilities after seeing others' posts on this thread, but PB and/or GF remain the most likely choices:

Having said that, Nicodemus may be after a "who" rather than a "what".  Hmmm--what if Harry actually killed Nicodemus and Anduriel is currently the only inhabitant of Nick's body? Nick's soul would be in hell and he'd certainly want his body back.  Anduriel would agree because they've always worked so well together, and could have granted a “special favor” by keeping Nick’s body alive, kinda like Mab and Demonreach did for Harry.  "Symmetry".

In fact, it might be a prearranged deal between Anduriel and Nick in case the latter ever got wacked.  And the favor Mab owed was apparently to Anduriel.

Many other possible "who's"--Harry, Molly, Sanya (who once had possessed a coin), just to name three.  And that's only considering the "who's" that Nicodemus wants.  Nick's mention of a "vault" could be misdirection.

Then again it could not.  If in fact one of the coins has been placed in Hades' vault, I can see Nicodemus making it a priority to go after it.  I have crossed this out because I have disagreed with myself.  Nick's Hades heist is after much bigger game.

Annd...another thought has just occurred to me.  I addition to whatever Nicodemus is scheming to get in Hades, he may have invited Harry along to help him flush out the traitor in the Denarians' ranks.

And another--Nicodemus may be wrangling for another shot at the Swords.  As so many have pointed out, no one motive attributable to Nicodemus necessarily excludes others: "not either/or, both--and more."

2. Nicodemus apparently called in a marker from Mab to get Harry on the team.  Does he have a specific plan for using Harry or did Mab twist his request?  Which of Harry's capabilities will he admit to needing, and (given that this is Nicodemus after all), which abilities is he scheming for Harry to use?

I believe the former.  Part of the motivation is revenge.  That's all I can come up with so far (see also my possible "answers" to question 1).

I see Mab as seeing, and seizing, an opportunity when Nick called in his favor.  The difference between this and "twisting" Nick's request is arguably a difference of degree rather than kind.

3. Jim has mentioned that the book will be "Ocean's Eleven".  Who else did Nicodemus recruit?  How will they interact with Harry?

I've never seen "Ocean's Eleven".  But from what little of SG has been revealed so far sounds more like "The Usual Suspects" to me.  Like Harry, they were "conscripted" and pretty much didn't have a clue...

Possible recruits: Lasciel (if she's found a host).  Deidra and her mom (mantis-girl).  Will add more as they occur to me.  In any event I believe Nick's crew will consist entirely of Denarians.  Don't see him pulling allies from anywhere else.

4. Harry's general method of operation is to call on his friends for help.  In this book, Harry is (initially) allowed one extra backup member on the crew.  Who will it be?

Molly Carpenter.

Which of Harry's other allies will "interfere" before the plot is over?

Michael Carpenter, probably with Sanya.  Maybe with Murphy aiding or acting as Michael's proxy.  And someone mentioned the possibility of Daniel Carpenter's involvement.  I agree this is very likely.  He's idealistic and impetuous.

Pretty sure the Swords will have to come into play here--and that means Michael, retired or not, directly or not.  His children have been drawn further into Harry's battles since "Ghost Story" (since "Proven Guilty" as far as Molly's concerned).

Poor Michael--as much as Harry gets beaten up, until "Changes" he (Harry) was relatively immune to the terror that a threat to one's chldren engenders.  For Michael it's been there since Molly's birth.

5. This is a Denarian book, so (unlike the last "end of the world" showdown), the Swords will almost certainly be present.  In fact, there have been various hints...  Which Sword wielders will appear in the next book and how will their interference/help affect the plot?

See above.  If Harry asks for the new Winter Lady's help (she is after all good with veils, which would come in real handy in a heist), her dad will be dead-set against it on spiritual grounds.  I can see this putting a real strain on Harry's and Michael's friendship (to say the least).

Another reason for Harry to choose Molly is as insurance against his head exploding, in case Mab finds some way to weasel out of curing the parasite in his cranium--such as if Harry were to place himself in the way of Mab fulfilling her goals vis-a-vis the Hades heist.

Molly could, and would, cure him.  For some reason I have a hunch that, if this happens, part of the cure will involve a ritual best described as a Harry-and-Molly humpty-dance.

Harry, Michael and Charity haven't even had time for (or perhaps have been subconsciously avoiding) thrashing out Molly's "appointment" as the next Winter Lady.  The issues involving Harry, Michael and Molly have got to come into play in SG.  I see no way around it.

Particularly if Michael equates Hades with the Abrahimic religions' version of hell (gehenna).  Some hints that they're not the same in the "Dresden-verse".  Not absolutely necessary, however, Michael would still oppose his daughter's participation in anything having to do with the "Nickle-odious" bunch, especially if it will result in Nick getting something he wants (which is never good).

Another possibility is that Karrin Murphy will take up the sword again.  She's a good Catholic girl...

Baron Marcone has got to be in there somewhere as well--otherwise why reference a "gangster flick"?  If so, most likely he'll come in against the Denarians. They weren't too nice to him, and he's unlikely to forgive and forget.  And of course he’ll have his own agenda as well…

SG has room for multiple levels of betrayal here...

Hmmm...have had another thought concerning Baron Marcone: he repents and takes up a Sword.  His criminal past does not preclude this any more than Sanya's did.  In short, Marcone listens to the long-suppressed voice of his conscience and throws his empire away--probably after gaining insight into what it would REALLY mean to be a "Lord of the Underworld" (as is his initial goal according to my and others' guesses).

If this happens, I think Baron Marcone will be killed in action, probably by the Minotaur, maybe by Nicodemus.  His dying wish will be to use the Fleece to heal the Beckett girl, and he'll lay this obligation on Harry, whose sympathy and sense of right-and-wrong will force him to try and carry out Marcone's bequest, which places him at cross-purposes with Mab.  WooHoo!

6. Mab is apparently against Nicodemus succeeding in this heist.  In the Cold Days, we found that Mab had complex reasons for wanting Harry to kill Maeve.  What are Mab's reasons in this book?  Is it simple thwarting or is there something deeper?

Both—Mab wants access to what Nicodemus plans to steal for her own purposes.  If the Golden Fleece is the object, she may be scheming to restore her daughter to the living by way of the Fleece, and get Harry to bring her out of Hades as Orpheus tried to do with Eurydice.

Various faith-traditions (including my own) indicate there is a “purification” aspect of hell, i.e. that some souls will not remain there permanently.  I mention this because it may be part of that “complex set of reasons” for which Mab ordered Harry to kill Maeve.

She was infected by the outsiders to where she could lie and be insane(er).  If a stint in Hades could purify her of the infection, Mab would want her back for several reasons, both sentimental and strategic.

7. At the end of Cold Days, Harry needs to stay on the island to keep his growing headaches at bay.  The start of Skin Games implies that those headaches will need to be resolved by the end of the book.  Who or what is causing those headaches, and how will the whole thing get resolved by the end of the book?

Everyone says Lasciel and/or “Lash”.  I have no better guess.  I doubt the latter, but considering the deviousness of a millennia-old fallen angel, it certainly can’t be ruled out.

Another point that occurs to me--Mab has deliberately maneuvered Harry into isolation by using the threat of the parasite, and by keeping Molly from him to prevent her from curing him.  Clearly to extort Harry into working with the Denarians.  This more and more points to Mab setting Harry up (H: "I'm only human."  M: "For now".)

Of course this doesn't preclude Nicodemus from double-crossing Harry, or Mab.  Mab has already declared her intent to sabotage Nicodemus (which helped her bring Harry around to cooperating).

Throw in Marcone for additional double-crosses against Mab, the Denarians, or against Harry, Michael and their loved ones.  Only difference will be that Marcone's double-cross against the good guys probably wouldn't be as vicious as would those of the other factions. 

And considering her background as being on staff with a major pagan pantheon, Gard will almost certainly be Marcone's backup, with Odin's/Vadderung's/Santa's approval.  I concur w/OP's prediction that the Baron's goal may be to depose Hades and take his place, but I think there will be downsides to doing so that will stop him short of his goal (by his own choice).

If other parts of my predictions concerning Mab and the Golden Fleece are accurate, Marcone's betrayal of Mab most likely will be to steal it to heal the Beckitt girl.  I am continuously amazed at the potentials for double-cross here!

8.  One of the key components of the "Ocean's Eleven" movie is that
there is a final twist/reveal.  Given that we've got Nicodemus, Harry, Mab, and potentially Hades (and who knows who else) all trying to get the better of each other, if there's one thing you can count on it's some sort of last minute quintuple-cross.  What will be the nature of the twist and how will it all fall out?

If Mab is trying to resurrect her daughter, I can see Nicodemus double-crossing her and causing the “rescue operation” to fail.  Result: war between two powerful members of the Unseelie Accords (to be continued!)

If Mab is trying to resurrect her daughter, she sees the problem that only one can wear the “Winter Lady’s” mantle.  She might try to work it so Molley has to take Maeve’s place in Hades, thus double-crossing her Knight.

If that happens, huge goo-gobs of nitrogenous waste will truly hit the fan, with Harry, Molly, Michael, Sanya and probably Murphy on one side and Mab on the other.  On which side the Nickleheads would fight would probably depend on whose victory most served their purposes (but they wouldn’t be shy about stabbing erstwhile allies in the back anyway).  I can see this getting tied into all KINDS of knots for Harry…

9.  (Extra Credit) There are many WAG ("Wild A$$ Guess") theories on the boards, some crazier than others.  Write up to three WAG theories (or make up your own) you believe are correct that will be confirmed (or at least have evidence in favor of) in Skin Games.

1.  Harry will confront Cerberus, maybe with Mouse alongside—if so, big-time fight scene between Mouse and Cerberus.

2. In the scenario of Harry and Michael fighting Mab for Molly’s sake, Hades will come in on Harry’s side to thwart the attempted heist and/or recover his property.  Marcone will come in on Harry's side to steal it.

3. Hades is a “god”.  This, and probably whatever mess Nicodemus is planning on stirring up, may end up getting Uriel into the fight (and/or Vadderung).  In fact, this may be essential if Harry goes toe-to-toe with Mab.  Without their aid in such a situation Harry's a parapalegic again.

Comment: Personally, I would prefer the Angel Michael (upon him be Peace) for this.  He’s the angel actually in charge of hell according to the Qur’an.  There is a tradition that he stopped smiling the day hell was created, and hasn’t smiled since.

Archangel Michael (upon him be Peace) is no one to mess with.  One of the more daunting verses in the Qur’an challenges the idolaters who were persecuting the first Muslims to call on their allies and supporters “…and We" (God) "will call forth the Angels of hell…”

No thanks.  Don’t wanna be anywhere near that.

10. (Extra Credit) This is that "free form" question where you can come up with anything else you think will be in this book.  Specific quotes Harry might say (will he actually quote Ocean's Eleven?  The movie will have come out already in Harry's timeline)? Tidbits about the White Council? The fate of Molly? Write down anything you want.  Note that whatever you write must be specifically mentioned or hinted at in Skin Games in order to be worth credit. 
[/quote]

Gonna stick with the idea that this heist will involve Molly, Michael and probably Sanya.  Somebody’s not coming home.  No matter who, it will be devastating and the survivors will probably blame Harry, but only a fraction as much as he will blame himself.

Only way I can see this scenario working out any better is if Harry concludes the only way to set things right is to return to Hades and free whoever was left behind.  If he has to defy Mab to do it, the cost to himself will be incalculable.  But I think that will be the plot for the book after Skin Games.

Continuing with the above thought--if Molly ends up being trapped in Hades, what might be the quickest way to getting her out?  Wax Mab.  With the mantels of BOTH the Winter Queen and the Winter Lady Hades probably couldn't hold her.  Of course she'd probably be completely insane.

Aha--another "free-form" prediction (I'm sure most readers have concluded that all of mine qualify as that):

I think that there will be a "comic-relief" incident in which someone who eminently deserves it gets dunked head-first in one of those pits of flaming excrement that are said to be scattered around Hades.  I nominate Thorned Namshiel if he's part of Nick's team.  Then the rest of the Nickleheads will keep demanding he stand downwind or something...

Doubtless others have thought of this, but can't pull a heist in the Labyrinth of Daedalus without running into the Minotaur.  It'll have Hades' back.  I think it'll face off against a Knight of the Cross, and badly wound or kill him (her?).  Another use for the Fleece, if that's the object?

MaSalaam,

Bilal

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:38:46 AM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
(Clerical aside: Would you mind not posting in all caps? Internet-speak sees that as shouting. If you're trying to differentiate text, there's always the italics option. Thanks! :) )
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
(I would discourage the all-italics option.  Many associate it with "pointed, sarcastic, or otherwise emphasized."  Using the bold option on the questions and keeping your answers normal is clear enough.  Thank you!)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
*blink blink*

What they said.  And thanks for participating!  The more participation there is for this, the more fun for everyone involved!
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
...and if any of the above three posters would like to add a set of predictions to their posts, that would also be welcome...   ;D
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
...and if any of the above three posters would like to add a set of predictions to their posts, that would also be welcome...   ;D

I predict that the book will end in ponies and ice cream for everyone.

Offline Mbresle

• Participant
    • View Profile
I just want to point out one thing I'm recalling from the MisCon reading: It's not Nicodemus to whom Mab owes the favor and is loaning Harry, but rather to Anduriel.  Shouldn't one of the questions (if not THE question) be what does Anduriel and/or the group of The Fallen (as opposed to Nicodemus and the rest of the servitors or whatever-Mab-calls-him) need from Hades vault?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I just want to point out one thing I'm recalling from the MisCon reading: It's not Nicodemus to whom Mab owes the favor and is loaning Harry, but rather to Anduriel.  Shouldn't one of the questions (if not THE question) be what does Anduriel and/or the group of The Fallen (as opposed to Nicodemus and the rest of the servitors or whatever-Mab-calls-him) need from Hades vault?

This might support one of the possible scenarios I mention above when I took my swing at the "predictathon":  when Harry strangled Nicky, he really DID kill him and Nicodemus' soul went to hell.  Anduriel wants it back--he's now the sole inhabitant of Nick's body.  Possibly his effort to get Nick's soul back is because of a bargain between himself (Anduriel) and Nick.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:04:58 AM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
This might support one of the possible scenarios I mention above when I took my swing at the "predictathon":  when Harry strangled Nicky, he really DID kill him and Nicodemus' soul went to hell.  Anduriel wants it back--he's now the sole inhabitant of Nick's body.  Possibly his effort to get Nick's soul back is because of a bargain between himself (Anduriel) and Nick.

We see Nicodemus in the four chapters Jim read, he's still in his body though he does seem to have aged a bit from the experience.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
We see Nicodemus in the four chapters Jim read, he's still in his body though he does seem to have aged a bit from the experience.

We saw Nicodemus' body in the four chapters Jim read.  The spirit inside could be Anduriel's.  And recall that Mab and Demonreach kept Harry's body alive while he was running around irritating folks in GS, so is possible.

Having said that, wasn't my most favored of possible scenarios I put fowrad in my "predictathon" entry.  I like the one involving the Golden Fleece much better because the potential for double-crosses between all the potential players is much greater.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
We saw Nicodemus' body in the four chapters Jim read.  The spirit inside could be Anduriel's.  And recall that Mab and Demonreach kept Harry's body alive while he was running around irritating folks in GS, so is possible.

Having said that, wasn't my most favored of possible scenarios I put fowrad in my "predictathon" entry.  I like the one involving the Golden Fleece much better because the potential for double-crosses between all the potential players is much greater.

Mab addressed Nicodemus and Anduriel separately in the scene where they first talk, would she do that if Anduriel was the only one in the body?
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
The fallen angels get to excercise more power by allowing the mortals they have more choice.  We know that Anduriel is the ring leader and that he likes to share power with his mortal hosts.  This, along with above post, suggests that indeed Nicodemus and Anduriel are both present.

Sorry, I didn't realize this was the prediction thread until after your comment.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:07:47 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I realize I am guilty of this as well, but let's please reserve this thread for the actual predictions and put debates in separate threads.

Thanks in advance,
knnn
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline big_john127

• Participant
    • View Profile
1. We have been told that Nicodemus has a very specific target in mind, ostensibly kept in the Labyrinth of Daedalus.  What is Nic trying to get his hands on and why?

A ball of twine that would allow him to go anywhere, for example the pit, and come back out again.

2. Nicodemus apparently called in a marker from Mab to get Harry on the team.  Does he have a specific plan for using Harry or did Mab twist his request?  Which of Harry's capabilities will he admit to needing, and (given that this is Nicodemus after all), which abilities is he scheming for Harry to use?

Specific plan.  He requested the favor from Mab banking that she would send Dresden.  He needs soulfire for something.

3. Jim has mentioned that the book will be "Ocean's Eleven".  Who else did Nicodemus recruit?  How will they interact with Harry?

Marcone, a member of Tessa's crew, Elaine bearing Lasciel.  Poorly.

4. Harry's general method of operation is to call on his friends for help.  In this book, Harry is (initially) allowed one extra backup member on the crew.  Who will it be?  Which of Harry's other allies will "interfere" before the plot is over?  9/10/13 an interview was published that answers the first half of this question.  (edit:  Sort of)  Those that guessed what he said in that interview (at least partially) have been logged by the curators, but this will probably go down as some kind of extra credit or something, so keep Predictin!  (edit:  And things might not be binary simple...)-Serack

5. This is a Denarian book, so (unlike the last "end of the world" showdown), the Swords will almost certainly be present.  In fact, there have been various hints...  Which Sword wielders will appear in the next book and how will their interference/help affect the plot?

Murph, Sanya, and Mordred, freed from Demonreach and bearing Ammorachius

6. Mab is apparently against Nicodemus succeeding in this heist.  In the Cold Days, we found that Mab had complex reasons for wanting Harry to kill Maeve.  What are Mab's reasons in this book?  Is it simple thwarting or is there something deeper?

She is sending Harry to recover Mother Winter's walking stick.

7. At the end of Cold Days, Harry needs to stay on the island to keep his growing headaches at bay.  The start of Skin Games implies that those headaches will need to be resolved by the end of the book.  Who or what is causing those headaches, and how will the whole thing get resolved by the end of the book?

Lash.  Placed into the bolt hole that harry has been making for bob.  Bob gets a girlfriend.

8.  One of the key components of the "Ocean's Eleven" movie is that there is a final twist/reveal.  Given that we've got Nicodemus, Harry, Mab, and potentially Hades (and who knows who else) all trying to get the better of each other, if there's one thing you can count on it's some sort of last minute quintuple-cross.  What will be the nature of the twist and how will it all fall out?

High speed xanatos chess.  Mab wins.

9.  (Extra Credit) There are many WAG ("Wild A$$ Guess") theories on the boards, some crazier than others.  Write up to three WAG theories (or make up your own) you believe are correct that will be confirmed (or at least have evidence in favor of) in Skin Games.

The prisoner is Mordred.
Lash is the parasite.

10. (Extra Credit) This is that "free form" question where you can come up with anything else you think will be in this book.  Specific quotes Harry might say (will he actually quote Ocean's Eleven?  The movie will have come out already in Harry's timeline)? Tidbits about the White Council? The fate of Molly? Write down anything you want.  Note that whatever you write must be specifically mentioned or hinted at in Skin Games in order to be worth credit. 

Hades: Who the hell is this?
Dresden: The man who's robbing you!

Offline Smithdj36

• Participant
    • View Profile
1.  We have been told that Nicodemus has a very specific target in mind, ostensibly kept in the Labyrinth of Daedalus.  What is Nic trying to get his hands on and why?
  a.    Cronus’s Scythe in most circles this Scythe was used to dismember Uranus and it is speculated in some cases it helped him to control time.
  b.   Hades’ Helm of Darkness the helm grants the user the gift of absolute invisibility as well in some other myths the ability to resurrect one of the dead.
  c.   I don’t think that it is Pandora’s Box because all that was left in there was hope iirc. However, Nic could “release hope” and damage it as a force for good.

2.   Nicodemus apparently called in a marker from Mab to get Harry on the team.  Does he have a specific plan for using Harry or did Mab twist his request?  Which of Harry's capabilities will he admit to needing, and (given that this is Nicodemus after all), which abilities is he scheming for Harry to use?
  a.   I think that Nic’s request was for help from winter specifically maybe to deal with the Phlegethon (the river of fire) or one of the other 4 rivers in the underworld.

3.  Jim has mentioned that the book will be "Ocean's Eleven".  Who else did Nicodemus recruit?  How will they interact with Harry?
  a.   I am thinking maybe a “lesser” dragon (one not Ferrovax)
  b.   Mavra or maybe one ere (vampire in BR)
  c.   Last guess maybe one of the Fomor.

4.  Harry's general method of operation is to call on his friends for help.  In this book, Harry is (initially) allowed one extra backup member on the crew.  Who will it be?  Which of Harry's other allies will "interfere" before the plot is over?  9/10/13 an interview was published that answers the first half of this question.  (edit:  Sort of)  Those that guessed what he said in that interview (at least partially) have been logged by the curators, but this will probably go down as some kind of extra credit or something, so keep Predictin!  (Edit:  And things might not be binary simple...)-Serack
  a.   The one that Harry will take with him will be Thomas but the rest of team Dresden will be fallowing and lying in wait for the request to be fulfilled to ambush the group

5.  This is a Denarian book, so (unlike the last "end of the world" showdown), the Swords will almost certainly be present.  In fact, there have been various hints...  Which Sword wielders will appear in the next book and how will their interference/help affect the plot?
  a.   I think that Sanya will be there and Fidelacchius welded by Murphy.

6.   Mab is apparently against Nicodemus succeeding in this heist.  In the Cold Days, we found that Mab had complex reasons for wanting Harry to kill Maeve.  What are Mab's reasons in this book?  Is it simple thwarting or is there something deeper?
  a.   Perhaps she partially still blames him for the attack on Arctis Tor by Namshiel or it could be that she just doesn’t want Nic to gain more power.

7.   At the end of Cold Days, Harry needs to stay on the island to keep his growing headaches at bay.  The start of Skin Games implies that those headaches will need to be resolved by the end of the book.  Who or what is causing those headaches, and how will the whole thing get resolved by the end of the book?
  a.   I think it is a spiritual creature summoned into his head by the Black Council and molly will remove it from his  mind and Harry will imprisoned it on Demonreach.

8.  One of the key components of the "Ocean's Eleven" movie is that there is a final twist/reveal.  Given that we've got Nicodemus, Harry, Mab, and potentially Hades (and who knows who else) all trying to get the better of each other, if there's one thing you can count on it's some sort of last minute quintuple-cross.  What will be the nature of the twist and how will it all fall out?
  a.   Harry will manage to imprison one of Nic’s accomplices in Hades’ vault and someone will bring a fake of the thing that they are stealing and skip off with it.

If u failed to read the welcome sign I will remind you of what it says “We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.” Welcome to the Dresdenverse feel free to scream like a girl any time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN4XU2d4I2c