Author Topic: Proof that Time Travel Harry did not fix Little Chicago?? (CD Spoilers)  (Read 43535 times)

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
Re: Proof that Time Travel Harry did not fix Little Chicago?? (CD Spoilers)
« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2013, 06:20:39 PM »
Right, then I call apples and oranges. A cumpulsion not to talk to Harry about a topic isn't the same as removing a memory, or least doesn't have to be.

I'm not seeing that we have a single example of memories actually being removed rather than masked.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline aShorty21

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2013, 06:57:17 PM »
I'm not seeing that we have a single example of memories actually being removed rather than masked.
I'll go along with that. Not saying that it isn't possible (I believe it is), but I do agree that we don't seem to have an example.
DV aShorty21 V1.2 YR5 FR4 BK++ RP- JB TH++ WG++ CL SW BC++ MC---- SH(Velvet Room+++++,Murphy+++,Sarissa++,Lash+,Lara+,Molly--)

Offline Dedwrekka

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2013, 05:56:09 AM »
Figured I'd ask here before I started my own, but is there a topic listing all the guns still hanging on the wall already done up without the wags?
Right, then I call apples and oranges. A cumpulsion not to talk to Harry about a topic isn't the same as removing a memory, or least doesn't have to be.
Molly put a compulsion on her friends using fear and drove one of them completely insane, and caused the other a huge amount of psychic problems. Compulsions aren't nice stuff when mortals do it. Fae seem to just do magic better.

Offline Hex

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2013, 08:30:09 PM »
This is also comparing a teenager with no magical training to sidhe with centuries or more of magical experience.
Mark Twain : Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities, truth isn't.

Offline aShorty21

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2013, 09:13:13 PM »
This is also comparing a teenager with no magical training to sidhe with centuries or more of magical experience.
Like comparing apple seeds to apple trees :)
DV aShorty21 V1.2 YR5 FR4 BK++ RP- JB TH++ WG++ CL SW BC++ MC---- SH(Velvet Room+++++,Murphy+++,Sarissa++,Lash+,Lara+,Molly--)

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2013, 09:25:17 PM »
Don't forget that the guy who was driven insane was done so, not just because of the mindwhammie, but also because Molly wanted to punish him.

Offline aShorty21

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2013, 09:40:42 PM »
Don't forget that the guy who was driven insane was done so, not just because of the mindwhammie, but also because Molly wanted to punish him.
Both the friends were going crazy. Boyfriend was going crazy with no possible return trip because of the subconcious push by Molly.