Author Topic: Dresden Files RPG ACCELERATED!  (Read 11175 times)

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Dresden Files RPG ACCELERATED!
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:11:25 AM »
The DFRPG Accelerated is a stretch goal on Fate Core's kickstarter.  The idea is to have a more accessible, stripped down, and easy to get started with book for the DFRPG.  The cost? $10 as a PDF, or available to all backers $10 and up on the kickstarter, along with all of the Fate Core material in digital form. 

It's one hell of a stretch, but well worth striving for.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evilhat/fate-core/posts/390041?ref=email&show_token=e3419ed76d658a65
Check it out, pledge if you can.

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Files RPG ACCELERATED!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 12:23:29 PM »
This is awesome. Fate Core looks amazing and I really hope DFRPG Accelerated gets funded! 8)
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline Orladdin

• Conversationalist
  • The Undauntable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 06:08:33 PM »
To put the kickstarter in perspective, donating $10 to it now, before it finishes, provides you with digital copies of all the core rules, the world-building kit, and the setting compilation.  The amount of materials you get is roughly equivalent to buying over $150 in books in many other games.  It also gets us closer to the Dresden Files RPG accelerated goal, which you would also receive if we get there.

Getting years of potential gaming for the cost of a premium sub sandwich is a pretty sweet deal. 
It also supports the dudes who make the DFRPG (and, coincidently, pays the day-job of the cool guy who runs and maintains this website).
There is never a blanket answer to an ethical question.  This includes the Laws of Magic.

Perpetrator of The Cold Days Release FAQ

"I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones."
-- The Doctor, Timewyrm: Genesys

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »
To put the kickstarter in perspective, donating $10 to it now, before it finishes, provides you with digital copies of all the core rules, the world-building kit, and the setting compilation.  The amount of materials you get is roughly equivalent to buying over $150 in books in many other games.  It also gets us closer to the Dresden Files RPG accelerated goal, which you would also receive if we get there.

Getting years of potential gaming for the cost of a premium sub sandwich is a pretty sweet deal. 
It also supports the dudes who make the DFRPG (and, coincidently, pays the day-job of the cool guy who runs and maintains this website).

Yep, the people from Evil Hat are awesome. I've been a backer for a month now and the preview material they released is awesome. :D
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 06:28:07 PM »
And an extra $5 on top of that $10 (total $15) gets you a physical copy of the Fate accelerated book, which is probably gonna cost at least 15 when they decide to release it. And you get all that other stuff that Orladdin just said. So basically for the cost of one book you get the book and tons of digital copies of other stuff.

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 06:28:47 PM »

Offline Ulfgeir

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 07:18:30 PM »
Me and two other guys from my gaming group (inlcuding the GM) are also backers now. I will spend 145$ (I want the Strange Quintet + Dresden Accelerated).

They have 6 days to get 80 000$. Might work, but I think it will be tough...
I have not lost my mind, it is backed up somewhere on disc...

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 07:23:18 PM »
They've gotten 20k in the last day or so.  I'm betting they manage it. Also, very happy I invested $30 in this Kickstarter.  :)

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 08:10:44 PM »
They have gotten 7500 today so far and it is still going up. I bet they reach the 325,000 goal today.

Offline JDK002

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 03:49:07 PM »
Hearing about the possibility of what is essentially DFRPG 2.0, I finally put $30 behind this.  I would like to put more, but with how random my gaming group is, and that this is a good two years out, $30 is all I can justify.  But hey every dollar brings us that much closer! =)

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 04:10:56 PM »
They ran out of Fatecore books yesterday.  Bet(unfortunatley) that it slows them down too much.

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 04:14:43 PM »
No they didnt. There are 3 diferent spots to reserve fate core. one of them was limited but the other two arent.

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files Accelerated: The Emerald City: Requiem
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 04:15:30 PM »
I put $60 in.  I want the print book of the Core and the Toolkit.  I truly hope to see the FA version of Dresden.  That would rock.
It's not the Heat, It's the Humanity.

The Emerald City Dresden Files Accelerated Campaign:   http://fate-accelerated-the-emerald-city.obsidianportal.com/

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 04:17:17 PM »
No they didnt. There are 3 diferent spots to reserve fate core. one of them was limited but the other two arent.
What's the difference?

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 04:28:40 PM »
There is no difference. I have no idea why they made one limited. My only guess is they didnt expect to get as much funding as they did. but you are still able to get books