Author Topic: mythological figures we'd like to see  (Read 39275 times)

Offline mithrandirthewhite

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: mythological figures we'd like to see
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2013, 07:51:58 AM »
Or maybe Krampus held the mantal before Kringle, or stole the mantle from Kringle for a time.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Offline gospelmage

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2013, 12:48:27 PM »
hmm...what if Listens-to-Wind is actually Coyote?  A shapeshifting trickster god. LTW is the best shapeshifter Harry knows of.
another theory would be what if Coyote is Loki? 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2013, 01:26:07 PM »
hmm...what if Listens-to-Wind is actually Coyote?  A shapeshifting trickster god. LTW is the best shapeshifter Harry knows of.
another theory would be what if Coyote is Loki?
If Listens t Wind was CoyoteI would expect some of it to show in his character.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dave Mallonee

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2013, 08:07:04 PM »
There are a lot of names already mentioned that I would second; Black Peter/Krampus (which could be a mantle someone else wears), Surtr (I'm really more familiar with the Marvel version, how different is he?) , the Nuckalavee (never heard of it but the pictures were freaky and the description made it sound like something I would enjoy seeing Harry freak out about dealing with), Athena (absolutely, especially if the Parasite/Lash thing plays out in anything like her birth from Zeus's head), Coyote, Pele (which would hopefully finally get us that Murphy/ Kincaid Hawaii story Jim has teased us with since Dead Beat), that weird Brazilian fairy with the backwards feet, Baba Yaga (or just Mother Winter in Baba Yaga mantle mode), Tiamat (she has a page in the Monster Manual and a Saturday morning cartoon for a reason, right?) and Thor (whether or not my WAG of him being Hendricks is true I figure his presence has to be felt sooner or later with Vadderung showing up so much)

I'd also like to see Ananzi, since he's the original Spider-man and Harry is a follower of the Tao of Peter Parker. I know Neil Gaiman has used him fairly promiminently but so what? You could have said the same thing about Odin but Donar Vadderung is no Mr. Wednsday. Although if Ananzi, Coyote, and Loki show up we might be overloaded on tricksters to the point where Harry's head explodes. Conversely if you had Ananzi and Athena appear at the same time that could be interesting given her feelings for spiders... unless Ananzi's wife is one of Athena's mantles.

Whatever happens and whoever appears I'm sure it will continue to provide additional opportunities for the characters who star in the series; Harry, Murphy, Molly, Thomas, Marcone, Toot-Toot, Mouse; to continue having crowning moments of awesomeness as they adapt and overcome it all. Which I can't wait to see.

Offline The Reaver

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2013, 06:14:02 AM »
Mab is an alternate name for an aspect of the Morrigan.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-morrigan-celtic-goddess-battle-death-fate-and-8533559.html?cat=37

But since Celti mythology ties more knots than the Summers Family Tree who truly knows anymore?
That mentions that the tuath'an fought a race of giants called the Fomorians. Connection to the Fomor, perhaps?
Let the dice fly high!

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2013, 06:38:25 AM »
That mentions that the tuath'an fought a race of giants called the Fomorians. Connection to the Fomor, perhaps?
Yes.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2013, 03:01:32 PM »

among others. the formor contain also jotun and other losers...
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline sociotard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2013, 06:50:43 PM »
I'd like to see Prometheus. Of all the characters in Greek myth, he was my favorite.  Of course, he was a Titan, so he may be imprisioned on Demonreach.

Come to think of it, in some variants he was a trickster god. It'd be amusing if Coyote, Anansi, Loki, and Prometheus were all aspects of each other.
Even in winter, the cold isn't always bitter, and not every day is cruel.

Offline mithrandirthewhite

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2013, 08:53:12 PM »
throw in hermes and you end up at Odin. Which makes the mythos bloody hilarious.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Offline phoenixjustice

• Conversationalist
  • I believe in you, Spike.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2013, 07:10:59 AM »
Who I'd like to see:

Thor: Father, Loki tried to enslave all of humanity again!

Loki: Whine, whine! I only tried a little. *mumble* Blasted wizard got in my way. *mumble*

Tony Stark: Thanks for the assist, by the way.

Harry: No problem.

Tony Stark: So...like Shawarma?

Odin: *sighs and facepalms* And you wonder why I'm
(click to show/hide)

;D

DV PhoenixJusticev1.2YR9FR(M)6, BK++, RP, JB+, TH++, WG++, CL++, SW+, BC+, MC+++++, SH(Lash++, Murphy++,Molly+++,Morgan++,Marcone++, Kincaid++, Bob++, Mavra----, Nic+, DF OTP ++++)

Offline Socratov

• Conversationalist
  • Mantle of Nanny Ogg
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »
oh you're such a fangirl ;D

But I have to admit, it would be pretty funny (but then again, I like RDJ in his role of Iron Man becuase he's so arrogant and stuff). I'd actually watch it ;D
yes, I am male and I engage in the activity known as shipping. I just wish harry some relief from time to time. He's getting tortured enough as it is...

I think, therefore I am. I am therefore people must believe I exist. Ergo: I think people believe in me ;)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2013, 01:17:47 PM »
:)

if were going norse, id rather have Hel.

actually, id expect Jim to go deep geek. he tends to avoid the well known ones and go for the college level ones.

sooo... as leader of the fomor. One of the Jotuns? Skadi? Bergelmir? Odin's mother Bestla? Gerd? (oh wait that might be Mab)
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 14, 2013, 01:28:39 PM »
Who I'd like to see:

Thor: Father, Loki tried to enslave all of humanity again!

Loki: Whine, whine! I only tried a little. *mumble* Blasted wizard got in my way. *mumble*

Tony Stark: Thanks for the assist, by the way.

Harry: No problem.

Tony Stark: So...like Shawarma?

Odin: *sighs and facepalms* And you wonder why I'm
(click to show/hide)

;D
Oh I can see it now. 

Jarvis:  Sir, we are experiencing widespread system failure. 

Stark:  What? Why? 

Jarvis:  It appears to be emanating from the glowing gentleman shooting fire from his hands.  May I suggest you should land before-

Stark:  Oh, Crap. 
*sputter sputter, POP*

AAAAAHHHhhhhhhhhhhh
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline SunlessNick

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2013, 02:15:52 PM »
For mythological beings in the places we've already been to, it would be nice to see Selkies.

I'm always keen on the Simurgh, but she's a mentor-figure, and it might be a bit late for Harry to have one of those.

And Naga, if India ever plays a part.

Djinn would be interesting, since their mythological background stresses their free will as well as ours.  Maybe they have a benign strain of the Nemesis infection.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2013, 04:39:10 PM »
Okay here are some Mythological figures I'd like to see...

Shadows BABY ... Organic Tech.  Let's see Harry "hexus" THAT!

LOVE Batman, but redheads ... YOWZA!

On a semi-serious note, don't we need a cameo by ...

He is in all the movies.

And we can't have a real adventure without....

At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---