Author Topic: Request help for finding recent topics here!  (Read 122719 times)

Offline mattrox

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Request help for finding recent topics here!
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2013, 05:31:10 AM »
 Not sure if I am in the right neighborhood to bring this up.  It is Dresden Files for sure, but not really books or RPG.  I was curious about the idea of talking about movie possibilities in either live action or animation.

Offline rndn.neumann

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2014, 04:14:27 AM »
Is there a thread talking about blood and iron. I just finished Cold Days and was wondering about how iron effects (sp) the fae. If iron does is blood just not concentrated enough because there was lots of blood splatted on the fae also how does that work for the "rawhide" made up of flesh and blood.

Offline lunyboy

• Conversationalist
  • Lunatic Fringe
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2014, 08:34:32 PM »
Where can I find the books multiples code, so vampires every 2 books, fairies every 3, that kind of thing?
"...I am a cruel and vengeful god." - Jim Butcher

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2014, 09:12:27 PM »
The theory goes Vamps every 3, fairies every 4, and Denarians/Archive every 5. 

The counterargument is that fairies and vamps both appear show more often than that, if usually not as plot-central. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2014, 10:42:42 PM »
Has there been a conversation about the spoilers in the Amazon blurb about Skin Game? I just saw it today and I will scroll through old topics, but if anyone can point me in the direction of a thread they already remember, that would be great! THX

Offline AClone

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2014, 10:35:37 PM »
Is there a thread about what's on the Never Never side of the Island? I've been trying to decide if Harry's Godmother would have shifted her realm there to cover him.

Also, any speculation on whether he might wind up in possession of the castle on the site of his old digs--where she WAS protecting.

Thanks for your help!  8)

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2014, 05:12:47 PM »
Is there a thread about what's on the Never Never side of the Island? I've been trying to decide if Harry's Godmother would have shifted her realm there to cover him.

Also, any speculation on whether he might wind up in possession of the castle on the site of his old digs--where she WAS protecting.

Thanks for your help!  8)
There's no complete thread that Im aware of, though the topic has been broached in several other ones.  The general consensus on DR was, I think, that it is likely too hostile to matter at present, given what Nic said about it in SmF and also the island's purpose is.  That being said the Council traitor in TC was able to open a way on the island itself, but may be like Cowl's Way in WN where only a person like him psychologically can open ways to that region of the NN.  In either case the idea is that whatever protections the Island has are likely far more potent than anything Lea would bother with.  It is my personal theory that her Garden now connects to the Guest Quarters in Molly's place, which Harry said feels very similar to Home to him, which is what it would take to link to the same place. 

Regarding his old house and the castle that is now on it, that is pretty solidly Marcone's.  His home is completely gone, and any magical connection would have bee purged by the fire.  Its entirely possible, btw, that the fire removed the relevant connections to link that location to Lea's garden, and so now it could not connect to the same place because it has changed too much.  Between that, the very real monetary investment, and the fact that enough people now live there to build a solid threashold, I dont think Harry can make any real claim to it other than "I used to live here and hate change so Gimme."

Also, the whole importing a Castle into a major city is straight out of Gargoyles, which is one of the cited inspirations for Dresden, or at least Marcone, Morgan, and Murphy.  I would be surprised if the endeavor will be purely for the obvious fortifications.  In Gargoyles they move the castle to break a 1000 year old curse by bringing it "above the Clouds."  I very much hope there is similarly an underlying motivation for the BFS HQ.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Gambit1988

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2014, 09:19:15 PM »
Is there a thread about Mouse's powers and abilities?Because I noticed something about him that I've yet to see mentioned anywhere and I really want to talk about it!

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2014, 10:02:23 PM »
There's this thread that talks about Mouse's origins, but it isn't a good place for discussion since it's in the reference section.  It may be helpful for making a more complete list of his abilities.  Other than that Mouse hasn't come up in the forums lately that I am aware of.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Gambit1988

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2014, 10:20:56 AM »
Thanks Aristh,doesn't seem to be much use unfortunately.Mainly it was the fact that when Mouse bit Thomas in Changes it burned Thomas,which raises all kinds of questions about whether animals can feel true love,and who Mouse loves enough to cause damage cause damage to Thomas.

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2014, 11:20:50 AM »
Thanks Aristh,doesn't seem to be much use unfortunately.Mainly it was the fact that when Mouse bit Thomas in Changes it burned Thomas,which raises all kinds of questions about whether animals can feel true love,and who Mouse loves enough to cause damage cause damage to Thomas.

Start yer topic, I have some thoughts I'd like to share.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2014, 12:23:22 PM »
Start yer topic, I have some thoughts I'd like to share.

I want to jump in on this one too. 
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,40926.0.html
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline nlbrown80

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2014, 04:06:11 PM »
Is there a thread which discusses everything that happens at Bianca's Party? We know there were many players in the house that night, and a lot went down that is still being revealed.

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2014, 05:57:27 AM »
Just curious, is there a topic already that brings up what happened with Mrs. S and the Willoughbys?
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline sociotard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2014, 05:27:27 AM »
Someone on these boards once posted some fun dummy pictures for a set of "Carpenter Files" and a "Butters Files" spinoff novels. It might have been for April Fools.

Does anybody remember where those were posted?
Even in winter, the cold isn't always bitter, and not every day is cruel.