Author Topic: Request help for finding recent topics here!  (Read 122009 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Request help for finding recent topics here!
« on: December 03, 2012, 02:38:24 PM »
We have a great group here, and this sticky topic is dedicated to posts that say "could someone help me find a recent topic about this subject that I am burning to talk about?"  The idea being to both help cut down on duplicate topics, and increase the awesome sense of community we have here.

Here is an excellent example:

Anyone know if there is already a thread about Morgana's Athame? The one that Lea received at Bianca's party and that infected her? I wonder what happened to it and if there is a thread discussion out there already.

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,35068.msg0.html#new

So if you have something you are burning to talk about, and you suspect there is already an active discussion about it but new topics are being introduced at such a rate that you are having trouble finding it.  Post here asking for help finding the appropriate topic for your ideas.

If a topic hasn't been active for a couple few weeks it is probably appropriate to start a new one, although it might still be productive to have someone help you find older topics on a subject so that you can read things previously discussed.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Request help for finding recent topics here!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 07:48:54 PM »
I think this is a great idea. Ive only been active on this board for about a minute compared to some of you and this is my first experience with the activity here after a new book comes out. At first when all the duplicate threads popped up, I tried on one or two to politely note the earlier and *still active* thread but I stopped because I felt like a presumptuous dick. But I really think having duplicate threads means possible brainstorming amongst members is lost because commenters are split among the threads. Since you've posted this sticky, the duplicate threads have not decreased, though its early yet. Do you think it would be worth a concerted group effort when we see a duplicate thread pop up on a topic being *actively* discussed elswhere to point the new thread to the old one?

Offline Kebran

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 08:41:27 PM »
Looking for a post about DR's actions and words to Harry and his head aches...  Searching found nothing new.

found one.
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,35364.15.html

in case anyone else needs it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:01:49 PM by Kebran »
DV Kebran v1.0 YR1.5 FR1 BK++ JB TH+ WG+ CL BC- SH [Murphy - SH Molly +++]

Offline lilylis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 01:27:37 AM »
Looking for info about the Molly pov short story and when it might be published. Is there  a short story specific thread? or section? In some thread I can't find now, someone told me the story would be in an anthology called Bombshells or will be titled Bombshells.... just looking for more info....like publisher, editor, expected release date...etc..or general reference area that keeps track of such things so I'll know when it will be released..
"I have a monster under my bed, and it's Mouse.…There was another one there but me and Mouse slayerized it. --Maggie Dresden

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 01:45:25 AM »
Looking for info about the Molly pov short story and when it might be published. Is there  a short story specific thread? or section? In some thread I can't find now, someone told me the story would be in an anthology called Bombshells or will be titled Bombshells.... just looking for more info....like publisher, editor, expected release date...etc..or general reference area that keeps track of such things so I'll know when it will be released..
Right now, the publishing date for Bombshells seems to be unknown.  More info here:  http://www.jim-butcher.com/books/dresden/side-jobs
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 01:46:44 AM »
Read only if you have already read CD. There are threads about...

(click to show/hide)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 01:54:08 AM »
Read only if you have already read CD. There are threads about...

(click to show/hide)
Try this one:  http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,35064.0.html
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

wizard nelson

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 07:39:12 PM »
is there an active hexxenwulf belt topic?

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 12:39:33 AM »
is there an active hexxenwulf belt topic?

I know you were asking about active, new threads about the hexenwulf belts and I don't have an answer for you on that one, but did want to point you in the direction of a reference topic with lots of info in it for you on that topic which might be helpful if you start a new thread...

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,32068.0.html

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 02:15:39 AM »

Here ya go
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,33969.0.html
Edit:  I thought I had seen Priscellie respond in a more recent thread, no new info, but she expressed doubt for some of the hopeful info in the earlier thread here:
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,34802.msg1663092.html#msg1663092
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:19:51 AM by Serack »
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline rekshek

• Posty McPostington
  • Apathy is the story of my life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 02:17:35 PM »
Is there a topic about the Bcouncil/Nemesis targeting Mother Winter specifically? Been thinking about it, didn't lea make a comment about trying to rid that which plagues us all, aka Death, which Mother Winter seems most similar to(also Cowl and the dark hollow)?

Sadly I didnt see one but I'm about to go to bed so felt like I should toss it here, thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:30:01 PM by rekshek »

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 01:17:56 AM »
Rekshek--i havent read all of every single thread posted since CD came out, but I have read about 98% of them and I havent seen one on your specific question/issue.

Offline rharalson

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 09:20:54 PM »
Can someone point me in the direction of thread that explains why everyone seems to think the parasite is Lash?
vs1.2 YR1 FR(M) 1(0) BK++ RP- JB- TH+ WG++ CL SW+ BC+ MC-- SH[Murphy++, Lara---, Molly---]

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 11:34:39 PM »
Can someone point me in the direction of thread that explains why everyone seems to think the parasite is Lash?
It's based off a WoJ from GS
Is Lasciel going to make a comeback? The coin is still buried in the lab, right?
Her coin isn’t in the lab anymore. Her story is not yet over. However, both Lasciel and Lash appeared in Ghost Story, but not under those names.

Offline Aein

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 05:34:11 PM »
This is a delightful thread, especially since I've had trouble using google to hunt down topics on here.

I seek as much info as possible that deals with Nicodemus's knowledge of Nemesis.
I can just imagine Christmas dinners. LOL

"Mab, could pass the salt?"
"What will you offer me in exchange?"