Author Topic: Cold Days Book Club - Chapters 45-53 **MAJOR SPOILERS**  (Read 44355 times)

Offline novaseaker

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Cold Days Book Club - Chapters 45-53 **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 05:28:03 AM »
......PHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW! *lets out the breath he's been holding since starting Changes*

man, what a ride. Things finally feel like they're getting back on track (plus or minus a few major issues.... *cough*)

Few things: The Parasite. I'm not entirely sure it's actually gonna be busting out of Harry's head. I think it's Lash, and what she's doing is fixing the parts of Harry's brain that were damaged in the Deeps. I think that Mab and Demonreach just don't trust that it'll STOP growing brain-matter when it's time to stop. Though, that seems pretty lame for a literary perspective so... I dunno, maybe Lash's plan is to burst from Harry's head fully formed Athena/Zeus style and have her own body.

Kringle: So so awesome. That he's actually really Odin is amazing as well, I hadn't ever thought of that despite them sharing cultural roles. The whole Wild Hunt sequence, and how it was actually a show to GIVE it to Harry was awesome.

I feel so bad for Lily. Poor girl was dancing on strings pulled by Maeve, right up until she cut them. I'm having a hard time recalling a bigger victim in the series. Not even Susan, who sort of went to Chichen Itza knowing full well it would probably cost her her life to rescue her daughter. Poor Lily just... walked right next to her supposed ally... and never even saw it coming..... gut wrenching....

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 07:23:13 AM »
I did not know that.  Though now that I know it was blessed by Jim, I have to admit Molly is much better looking than she previously was in my head.

I like you. :D

Offline Fenn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 04:54:03 PM »
I like you. :D

I didn't see the calendar at all, but after seeing that picture, I now want to.

Did you do the art work for it? Your comment suggests that to me, but I may be reading it wrong.

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »
Yeah, the "Mollys" in the calendar are all modeled by the very lovely, beautiful, and talented Priscellie.
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 06:20:13 PM »
Yeah, the "Mollys" in the calendar are all modeled by the very lovely, beautiful, and talented Priscellie.

What he said. I was just speculating about that before this.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »
I didn't see the calendar at all, but after seeing that picture, I now want to.

Did you do the art work for it? Your comment suggests that to me, but I may be reading it wrong.

The art is by Lee Moyer.  I was the model for Lee's reference photos of the various Mollys.  You can see a handful here!

Offline xakko

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 08:04:52 PM »
The art is by Lee Moyer.  I was the model for Lee's reference photos of the various Mollys.  You can see a handful here!
so, had you read the ending of CD when you modeled, or were you shocked that the story went down that particular trouser leg?

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2012, 09:33:05 AM »
so, had you read the ending of CD when you modeled, or were you shocked that the story went down that particular trouser leg?

I'm a beta.  Jim sent us the final chapters toward the end of July, though I guessed Molly's fate months before.  Jim suggested the pinup subject to me in mid-August.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2012, 09:51:05 AM »
Finished yesterday, and THIS makes a lot more sense

(click to show/hide)
Now I'm wondering about the reflection of the left
Grey cloack and sword? That was warden Molly.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:15:18 AM by Arjan »
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline xakko

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2012, 11:16:44 PM »
I'm a beta.  Jim sent us the final chapters toward the end of July, though I guessed Molly's fate months before.  Jim suggested the pinup subject to me in mid-August.
thank you - I was curious on the timing.

you aren't part fae yourself, are you?   :D

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2012, 11:55:19 PM »
If she whas, she's say something along the lines of "what do you think"?
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline The Professor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 01:23:55 AM »
A thought just occurred to me. Where the heck was Lea during all of this? If Santa can make it to Harry's birthday would it stand to reason that his godmother, a power player of winter, would have been there as well? Makes me wonder if she was up to something throughout the book :o

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 03:20:03 AM »
A thought just occurred to me. Where the heck was Lea during all of this? If Santa can make it to Harry's birthday would it stand to reason that his godmother, a power player of winter, would have been there as well? Makes me wonder if she was up to something throughout the book :o

I've been thinking about that as well. We know from what both Lea and Mab have said in the past that Lea is second in power in all of Winter only to Mab. And Mab spends most of her time running the fight on the border with the Gate. So, if Mab has to be somewhere else, doesn't it make sense that Lea would take over for Mab in that capacity. At least, that is what I was thinking. And, I'm sure Lea would relish the opportunity to pay back the Nemesis for infecting her all that time ago.
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2012, 01:45:30 AM »
Finally a book that answer some mysteries rather than making new ones.

Reason why Aurora go crazy?

Who or what is the Black council?

Why Mab so set to have Harry as her knight?

What is Bob's problem with Mab?

Purpose of demonreach?

All of that is answered  or at least partially answered in this book.

Harry displays some naming powers similar to Kvothe. Butcher and Rothfuss seems to work in the same wavelength.

Molly, Harry and Murphy got new complication coming. I wander how Harry and Molly will handle their mutual winter hormone problem?

Anyway amazing book this one. Not as good as changes in my opinion, but very very close.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:05:01 AM by huangjimmy108 »
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline nemebean

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2012, 11:03:31 PM »
I feel so bad for Lily. Poor girl was dancing on strings pulled by Maeve, right up until she cut them. I'm having a hard time recalling a bigger victim in the series. Not even Susan, who sort of went to Chichen Itza knowing full well it would probably cost her her life to rescue her daughter. Poor Lily just... walked right next to her supposed ally... and never even saw it coming..... gut wrenching....
Yeah, no kidding.  Abused by the Winter Knight, tossed into the Summer Ladyship to be manipulated by Maeve, and ultimately killed by same.  I kind of want the Lily Ghost Story where she goes all medieval on Maeve in the afterlife just so her story has a bit more satisfying ending.