Linked Events

• Signing in Chicago, IL (Skokie): November 30, 2012

Author Topic: Signing in Chicago, IL (Skokie) 11/30/12  (Read 18095 times)

Offline sequestris

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Chicago, IL (Skokie) 11/30/12
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 05:44:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/longshotauthor

Chicago - Canceled
As per Jim.
SUCKS!

Hope he gets better soon.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:55:52 AM by sequestris »

Offline shibler2

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2012, 03:01:10 AM »
Is there any chance that the Chicago signing might still be rescheduled? 

Shibby
Life is like a box of chocolates and Harry seems to find all the coconut ones!

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2012, 03:15:32 AM »
My impression is that Chicago is looking unlikely, but I could certainly be wrong.  I expect it'll be decided after the holidays.  I'll let folks know as soon as there's something concrete to report.

Offline MathGeek

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2012, 04:04:50 AM »
My impression is that Chicago is looking unlikely, but I could certainly be wrong.  I expect it'll be decided after the holidays.  I'll let folks know as soon as there's something concrete to report.

Alas, I was kind of expecting that.  Thanks for the update, I'll see if I can talk my wife in letting me go to KC, but that doesn't seem likely either.  :'(

I seem to remember somewhere that there was a way you could order a signed and personalized book?  I looked in the store link but didn't see one.

Thanks again for the update and I hope he feels better soon.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2012, 04:13:49 PM »
Alas, I was kind of expecting that.  Thanks for the update, I'll see if I can talk my wife in letting me go to KC, but that doesn't seem likely either.  :'(

I seem to remember somewhere that there was a way you could order a signed and personalized book?  I looked in the store link but didn't see one.

Thanks again for the update and I hope he feels better soon.

My understanding was that folks who were going to attend the Chicago signing would be sent signed bookplates, though I might be mistaken.  I'll poke Jim and ask.

To answer your question, you can order signed books through Jim's local independent bookstore, Dog Eared Books.  Call or email them, and they'll give you the skinny.  I'm not sure how often Jim goes over to sign for them, and it may take a while for the order to be processed at this stage, given all the hubbub of the holidays, but things should calm down in the new year.

Offline Paltnsep

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2012, 12:42:06 AM »
I was really bummed out that the signing didn't happen!! Hope Jim is doing well and would love any info on a rescheduling if one takes place

Offline Orladdin

• Conversationalist
  • The Undauntable
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2013, 04:11:01 PM »
My understanding was that folks who were going to attend the Chicago signing would be sent signed bookplates, though I might be mistaken.  I'll poke Jim and ask.

To answer your question, you can order signed books through Jim's local independent bookstore, Dog Eared Books.  Call or email them, and they'll give you the skinny.  I'm not sure how often Jim goes over to sign for them, and it may take a while for the order to be processed at this stage, given all the hubbub of the holidays, but things should calm down in the new year.

This would be pretty cool, if it could be arranged.  How would this be handled?  Would it require me do dig out my receipt or something?

His default dedcication on them should be "Sorry I missed you! -Jim Butcher"
There is never a blanket answer to an ethical question.  This includes the Laws of Magic.

Perpetrator of The Cold Days Release FAQ

"I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones."
-- The Doctor, Timewyrm: Genesys

Offline Paltnsep

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2013, 05:13:55 PM »
This would be pretty cool, if it could be arranged.  How would this be handled?  Would it require me do dig out my receipt or something?

His default dedcication on them should be "Sorry I missed you! -Jim Butcher"

I figured if we could provide the receipt, they would go from there.  I heard from Priscellie that a reschedule probably will not happen.   :(

Offline kdwest

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2013, 10:27:46 PM »
I was actually speaking with folks at the store today about the upcoming Brandon Sanderson signing, and mentioned this one to them. I was told that they don't see it happening, but should a tour happen for his next book, they will get on the list for it.

Offline ZeroX1999

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2013, 09:24:41 AM »
Is there an official say in what is to happen? I would gladly contact Dog Eared Books for something I guess. The problem is that I already bought the book... if I had to buy another copy...it will be kind of a waste. I know that this is like 2 weeks later but I kind of had high hopes to finally see Jim live, so I ordered a book through Barnes and Noble so I could go to the signing. I could have bought the book from Dog Eared Books, but I figured that I would rather meet Jim and let him sign it than to have it virtually signed. Is there going to be a replaced date at all for anywhere near Chicago? Or should I just wait until the next year and have Jim sign 1 copy of Cold Days and the new one?

Offline Legal_Assassin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2013, 05:28:12 PM »
Is there an official say in what is to happen? I would gladly contact Dog Eared Books for something I guess. The problem is that I already bought the book... if I had to buy another copy...it will be kind of a waste. I know that this is like 2 weeks later but I kind of had high hopes to finally see Jim live, so I ordered a book through Barnes and Noble so I could go to the signing. I could have bought the book from Dog Eared Books, but I figured that I would rather meet Jim and let him sign it than to have it virtually signed. Is there going to be a replaced date at all for anywhere near Chicago? Or should I just wait until the next year and have Jim sign 1 copy of Cold Days and the new one?
That's my situation, too. Though I didn't know about D.E.B. at the time...

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2013, 10:16:10 PM »
I sent an email to Jim's publicist, but she's taking an extended winter break.  She should be back on the 12th.  I'll let you know what she say!

Offline Legal_Assassin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2013, 05:54:37 PM »
I sent an email to Jim's publicist, but she's taking an extended winter break.  She should be back on the 12th.  I'll let you know what she say!

Did you find out anything?

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2013, 02:25:31 AM »
Did you find out anything?

No word yet.  Shall poke again.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2013, 03:46:04 PM »
Poked!  Jim says: "I'm signing a ton of bookplates this week, I assume for Chicago.  The KC event is real."

I'll keep you updated!