Linked Events

• Signing in Kansas City, MO: November 29, 2012

Author Topic: Signing in Kansas City, MO 11/29/12  (Read 20598 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: Signing in Kansas City, MO 11/29/12
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2013, 03:48:55 PM »
Poked Jim to confirm this was legit.  Huzzah, it's on! 

I'm signing a ton of bookplates this week, I assume for Chicago.  The KC event is real.

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2013, 08:16:12 PM »
I'm glad to hear this is happening. Can someone make sure to record it and either post a transcript or put it on YouTube for those of us unable to attend? I promise to make cookies for whomever is nice enough to do this!
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline bmillard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2013, 11:45:53 PM »
I'm very glad that Jim is feeling better and that the event has been rescheduled but I can't help but be disappointed that a 3 1/2 day notice just isn't enough time that I can get approval for leave from work to drive to KC.  :(

Offline Tigris

• Conversationalist
  • I'm really just a pussy cat ;)....
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2013, 12:47:11 AM »
Any word of Jim possibly coming by Chicago in the next 6 months?
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why. - William Faulkner

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2013, 12:50:27 AM »
I'm very glad that Jim is feeling better and that the event has been rescheduled but I can't help but be disappointed that a 3 1/2 day notice just isn't enough time that I can get approval for leave from work to drive to KC.  :(

Nothing to be done about that, unfortunately.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline psaprez

• Lurker
  • No Handle Bars
    • View Profile
    • PSA Inc.
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2013, 02:32:18 AM »
I'm glad to hear this is happening. Can someone make sure to record it and either post a transcript or put it on YouTube for those of us unable to attend? I promise to make cookies for whomever is nice enough to do this!

Yeah i was a bit taken back by the short notice. I'm goign to try to make it though since i only live 20 minns from the Plaza. Unfortunately, not everyone who planned on coming are as lucky as me.

I want to try and do this with my iPad, if it's allowed. I have no other camera. It seems like all the other locations (and Jim) are cool with it being recorded, so i'll give it a shot.

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2013, 02:42:33 AM »
Awesome! Cookies inbound!

Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2013, 03:29:59 AM »

Yeah, it sucks.  I wish Rainy Day Books had announced it before yesterday.  Nothing to be done, alas.

Any word of Jim possibly coming by Chicago in the next 6 months?

Not going to happen, alas, but my understanding is that he's planning to hit Chicago in the "Skin Game" tour, whenever that ends up being.

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2013, 04:15:22 AM »
I'm also planning on making just an audio mp3 recording like last year.  I'll send it on to via WOJ to anyone who wants to transcribe it.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2013, 03:55:21 PM »
Yippie!!  I'll be there.  Now I have to try to formulate my question like I'm talking to a member of the Unseelie court.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2013, 07:41:32 PM »
And of course, now I can't find my tickets from the missed signing...
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2013, 08:01:29 PM »
And of course, now I can't find my tickets from the missed signing...
You might call RDB, see what you can do there. I'm sure they'd be willing to arrange something.

Sadly, I won't be able to make it. It's too late to do a scheduled vacation day, and I don't want to a.)burn a sick day so early when I'm not sick, and b.)leave my team at work down 1 guy on a day that's often pretty busy.
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2013, 08:33:49 PM »
I tried sending them an email, but haven't gotten a response back yet. I'll try calling them when I get off work and can use my phone.

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »
Alrighty, got ahold of Rainy Day finally and I'm good to go for Thursday. Now to go rebuy Strom Front to get signed for a friend. :D

Offline bmillard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2013, 07:01:50 PM »
Will we be able to read a transcript/see a video of tonights Q&A? (Not sure that works just curious.)