Linked Events

• Signing in Kansas City, MO: November 29, 2012

Author Topic: Signing in Kansas City, MO 11/29/12  (Read 20600 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Signing in Kansas City, MO 11/29/12
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:05:44 PM »
KANSAS CITY, MO
Thursday, November 29, 7:00 PM  CST

Unity Temple on The Plaza
707 W 47th Street
Kansas City, MO 64112
*Books sold by Rainy Day Books
(913) 384-3126

Details here: http://www.rainydaybooks.com/JimButcher

EVENT DETAILS:

ADMISSION PACKAGE: $27.95 plus Kansas sales tax includes one hardcover of Cold Days, one Stamped Admission Ticket, and one Guest Admission Ticket (if needed). It's your choice, for the same price. For more details, please visit http://www.rainydaybooks.com/JimButcher.

The cut-off time for Online Ordering is 3:00 PM on the Nov. 29. Admission Packages will be available for walk-ins at the door on Nov. 29 beginning at 6:00 PM.

EVENT FORMAT: Jim Butcher will discuss his new book, Cold Days, and answer audience questions. A Booksigning follows the Presentation. A Stamped Admission Ticket is required for the signing.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:07:46 AM by Priscellie »

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Kansas City, MO 11/29/12
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 08:11:12 PM »
May I just say so that it can be passed along to the powers that be how thrilled I am that the KC signing is with Rainy Day Books again?!  Not only does it support a local bookstore, they run the smoothest signings I have ever seen.  The venue is comfortable, they have a great sound system so it doesn't matter where you end up you can hear everything, and their method of numbers for the line makes the wait be something pleasant.  They call you up in groups!  No waiting in line for hours, even if you have a really late number you can just sit and talk or read until it's your group and then you stand around for 15-20 minutes.

Offline Camdin

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 08:40:35 PM »
I will have to drive in from Omaha, NE to get to this signing so I have to plan when I'm going to leave for this.  How early do people start to arrive for a book signing like this?  How long do you think it will run before its done?
Wile E. Coyote, Suuuuuuuuper Genius.

Camdin BK+++ RP JB TH WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC++ SH[Molly++++, Murphy+++, Mab++, Lash+]

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »
Heck, I might be driving in from San Antonio, TX for this. Can't wait!
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 05:48:50 AM »
I will have to drive in from Omaha, NE to get to this signing so I have to plan when I'm going to leave for this.  How early do people start to arrive for a book signing like this?  How long do you think it will run before its done?
I really don't remember if your number is based on the order of pre-order or when you get to the venue for pick-up.   I'd say call the store, they are very nice and very helpful about these events.  Where you fall in the order really affects the time you need, and might change your mind about how early you want to be.  Maybe an hour to an hour and a half for the Q&A, depends on how much he riffs on the questions, then a short break while he girds his loins (well his wrist anyway).  Figure on at least 500 at the signing if last year holds steady.  They call up groups of about 50, and each group is maybe 20-30 minutes before the next group gets called.  I rolled out around 9:30 last time I think.

At least it's an easy drive, many a time I've driven up to Omaha for a show at the Sokol Underground. ;)

You'll want to look for the free parking that's about a half block before the Unity Temple, it's almost across the street from Barnes and Noble.

Offline spades8006

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 04:41:37 PM »
last year for ghost story my friend and i drove up from san antonio, it's a bit of a drive but worth is rainy day books does an awesome job.

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 06:53:41 PM »
Yeah? You looking to go up again this year? I could use someone to split the gas with.
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline bmillard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 02:36:25 AM »
I will be driving fron Lincoln, NE (So very excited we moved to the midwest now), anyone else from here going?

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 12:08:14 AM »
Further Details:

EVENT DETAILS:

ADMISSION PACKAGE: $27.95 plus Kansas sales tax includes one hardcover of Cold Days, one Stamped Admission Ticket, and one Guest Admission Ticket (if needed). It's your choice, for the same price. For more details, please visit http://www.rainydaybooks.com/JimButcher.

The cut-off time for Online Ordering is 3:00 PM on the Nov. 29. Admission Packages will be available for walk-ins at the door on Nov. 29 beginning at 6:00 PM.

EVENT FORMAT: Jim Butcher will discuss his new book, Cold Days, and answer audience questions. A Booksigning follows the Presentation. A Stamped Admission Ticket is required for the signing.

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 04:40:09 AM »
Yup, that's the same as last year.

In fact it's the same as all their signings, which is why they work so wonderfully. :D

Offline spades8006

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 08:39:19 PM »
@tuttman, yeah me and a couple friends are talking about going again this year. pm me.

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 05:00:38 PM »
And, purchased! Hehe. Taking a day off of work and everything...

Does anyone remember from last time, how kosher it was with them to have previously-purchased books in the signing line?
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 07:26:20 AM »
They don't have a problem with it.  But if you have more than Cold Days and one other they like you to wait until the end so it doesn't hold up the line.  I've seen people with 6 or 7 things, and as long as you wait, and his wrist hasn't fallen onto the floor, then it's not a problem.  Although a big please helps too. ;) ;D

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 07:27:14 AM »
I'm bringing a convert!  Hahaha, we've hooked another one!!!!

Offline Rue-Sal

• Posty McPostington
  • Forever Rue.
    • View Profile
    • A Geek World
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 09:22:02 PM »
And, purchased! Hehe. Taking a day off of work and everything...

Does anyone remember from last time, how kosher it was with them to have previously-purchased books in the signing line?

They were cool with it last year KD.
“The divine wrath is slow indeed in vengeance, but it makes up for its tardiness by the severity of the punishment”