Author Topic: Suggest Topics Here!  (Read 51025 times)

Offline Elegast

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest Topics Here!
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2012, 12:21:47 AM »
Nominating:

Two threads from Cenphx about a Walker infection. Probably wrong, but the quality is high, and I suspect some of it is true:
Crazy HWWB theory revisited [CD SPOILERS] November 28, 2012
Crazy HWWB theory[GS SPOILERS] April 29, 2012
It seems to me that the new one makes the older one redundant.  I agree that this is a well crafted topic that probably deserves preservation  -Serack

A reference thread about Simon=Cowl:

Simon=Cowl November 29, 2012
The DFRC was created for posts like this!  -Serack

Two threads explaining past books:
PG (after CD) December 04, 2012
SmF (after CD) December 03, 2012

Yes I'm nominating my own threads. I know, I'm shameless. :P
You and knnn do such an excellent job of crafting topics like this that it is hard to argue against their inclusion over there.  If you do transfer them, I recommend that you add links to them to Pre CD versions of these topics, and vice versa.  -Serack

Two threads about the black staff:
[CD spoilers] Mother Winter, the Blackstaff, Death and the Raven Banner (half reference/half personal theories) December 6th, 2012
conversation about the blackstaff November 27, 2012
The second topic is a classic example of a topic that deserves a really high "discussion" rating as per my index rating system.  Your topic does a great job of pulling all the discussion into a cohesive post.  Man you do a lot of work around here :)  -Serack

threads about a common idea those days: magic comes from the Outside.

one by Knnn, can't find it.
Do you mean knnn's [CD spoilers] Corruption WAG November 29, 2012 topic?  (which I found via his profile, looking at recent posts => topics)  -Serack

Fun
Two threads of the predic-a-thon:
Entries
Results
knnn PM'd me about this.  I told him he should open a curator discussion about it, and spent 30 minutes writing up a response to post when he did, and...  -Serack

One which may fit better in the FanArt section, but could still be in the DFRC:
(CD spoilers) - Fun family moments we'll never see
For the fan-art decision, blaze should be conferred with, that's kinda her domain.  -Serack

Needed
 - We need a good thread about Mac (especially the Grigori theory), several threads on the subject, but I'm not sure which is the best one...
 - We need a better thread concerning the hexenwulfen belts (the current one is too far out of the consensus, and a bit unfocused).
 - We need a thread about Harry=Merlin, a theory which seems to come back quite often.
I agree that these are major areas of discussion that deserve something in the DFRC.  Keep links to the active discussions on these, and over the course of time, something will probably rise up that shines (if nothing else I know this one curator that keeps doing an amazing job of building them himself, but he's already doing so much of that that maybe some space should be given to allow for other input and contributions ;) ) -Serack
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 05:56:09 PM by Elegast »
My "Maeve came to Splattercon!!! disguised as a vampire" theory : Maeve did it

All the theories on the Dresden Files

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2012, 12:45:17 PM »
I'm going to edit in commends directly to your post in green along with dates for the posts, since those matter for curating.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »
I don't think there's enough details for a Harry=Merlin thread, but perhaps a general Merlin reference thread (who he might be, everything he's done, what his goals are/were) would be useful.
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2012, 01:30:41 PM »
I agree that this stuff deserves nomination.  I think that for most of them, some time should be given to ensure that discussions come to complete maturity, and that other forum members get an opportunity to build their own alternative references that should also be considered. 

The fae language topic is getting approached by the autodelete monster, so it should probably be transfered soon.

I don't think there's enough details for a Harry=Merlin thread, but perhaps a general Merlin reference thread (who he might be, everything he's done, what his goals are/were) would be useful.

knnn, read the comments I added to his post.  Especially the ones under the "fun" section ;)
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2012, 01:45:27 PM »
Ok, I just started reading the "(CD spoilers) - Fun family moments we'll never see" topic.  That looks more like the type of topic the Display Case was invented for.
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2012, 02:23:38 PM »
knnn, read the comments I added to his post.  Especially the ones under the "fun" section ;)

Sorry to have wasted half an hour of your time...   ;D.  While I do believe those reference threads should be saved, they are still floating around the first three pages in the spoilers section.  To me this means they can still "grow".  Certainly we should keep an eye on them.

Another nomination for "fun" would be the Top selling books of the dresdenverse.  It's locked already, so no more maturing.  Yes, it's one of mine.   ;)
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2012, 02:27:32 PM »
Sorry to have wasted half an hour of your time...   ;D.  While I do believe those reference threads should be saved, they are still floating around the first three pages in the spoilers section.  To me this means they can still "grow".  Certainly we should keep an eye on them.

Another nomination for "fun" would be the Top selling books of the dresdenverse.  It's locked already, so no more maturing.  Yes, it's one of mine.   ;)

Oh, I've still got the post up in a tab on my laptop at home, so as long as the Mrs doesn't close the window it's ready to copy and paste if/when you post your inquiry.  It was a buncha good questions that I wanted to give input on, but I wanted it to be slightly more open than a PM (easier to follow later too, when the decisions actually have to be made)
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline Elegast

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »
Do you mean knnn's [CD spoilers] Corruption WAG November 29, 2012 topic?  (which I found via his profile, looking at recent posts => topics)  -Serack

Yes, that's the one. I tried to find it in his posts, and failed. Thx for the tip.

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2012, 03:13:08 PM »
Yes, that's the one. I tried to find it in his posts, and failed. Thx for the tip.

Yah, for the longest time I never noticed that there is a "topics" tab in that part of the profile.
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline Elegast

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2012, 03:19:29 PM »
There is this one too:

Crazy Idea about Crazy Lea .

I'm unsure what to do with it: the theory is no longer relevant after CD, yet I like the OP, and it's one of the source (when I say source, I mean copy-pasted  ;D) of my PG compendium...

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2012, 03:55:31 PM »
Yah, for the longest time I never noticed that there is a "topics" tab in that part of the profile.

Sweet!  I never noticed that before -- funny to see how few topics I actually created...
DV Geek code:

Offline Elegast

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2012, 01:05:02 PM »
Nominating a great TT Harry thread I had completely forgotten: Time Travelling Harry fixed LC May 03, 2012

Offline 123456789blaaa

• Posty McPostington
  • Proud member of the Purple Court.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2013, 08:19:59 PM »
I'm not sure if this is really significant enough to go into the Reference Collection but I made this Factual Reference thread: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,36232.0.html because I saw so many people doubting that Kringle was really a Faerie. I'd hate to have it lost in the back pages of the forum and have to retype it. I nominate it.

EDIT: I also nominate this thread: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,36206.0.html. I think it's a very well put together theory that has some interesting speculation in it.

*stamp* collected -Serack
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:50:59 PM by Serack »
Please, call me Count :).

Thanks go to Shecky for the nickname and Serack for the avatar ^,..,^

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
Ok, it feels a bit pretentious nominating my own threads, but I wrote these three with the hopes/intentions that they might be useful as reference threads, so I at least want to put them here for you all to consider. And the first one has some really top notch comments complete with well fleshed out theories. Do with them what you will!

Connections pt. 2: Suspect for SF-FM-BR-LH (December 19, 2012)
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,36012.msg1711196.html#msg1711196

Connections - Hexenwolf belts, Love Hurt belts, Victor Sells, Blood Rites curse (December 19, 2012)
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,36011.msg1711107.html#msg1711107

List of Headaches (December 12, 2012)
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,35813.msg1701063.html#msg1701063

Checked 6/12/13 and everything has already been collected -Serack
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:57:51 PM by Serack »

Offline Elegast

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2013, 05:58:50 PM »
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:07:44 PM by Serack »