Author Topic: Suggest Topics Here!  (Read 50854 times)

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest Topics Here!
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2014, 10:22:06 PM »
Mysteries, Mistakes & Retcon thread?

I mean, there's a whole ton of unanswered things out there that need resolution.  So many that I'm not sure Butcher will remember to answer them all.  (Although for the first few cases its mostly about what Nemesis's goals were, and if it was an N-fected operative, or just an patsy agent of Nemesis.

There have been a few errors and/or retcons the series has made too.  Such as Bianca's assistant's name.  Mort living in a home he apparently vacated, in Ghost Story.  And the recent change where the Denarians hired the Church Mice & not Marcone.

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 01, 2014, 02:29:31 AM »
Mysteries, Mistakes & Retcon thread?

I mean, there's a whole ton of unanswered things out there that need resolution.  So many that I'm not sure Butcher will remember to answer them all.  (Although for the first few cases its mostly about what Nemesis's goals were, and if it was an N-fected operative, or just an patsy agent of Nemesis.

There have been a few errors and/or retcons the series has made too.  Such as Bianca's assistant's name.  Mort living in a home he apparently vacated, in Ghost Story.  And the recent change where the Denarians hired the Church Mice & not Marcone.

Already exists  ;)

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,32830.0.html
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline hamiltond

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2014, 02:34:13 PM »
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:33:51 PM by Serack »
Whaddya got for a fiery beam o death?!!
You got nuthin for a fiery beam o death!!!

"Mo Magic, Mo Problems"

Offline Sharlee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2014, 04:36:24 PM »
One thing the Reference Collection could definitely use, if it hasn't already got one I can't find:  a thread summarizing the many, many, many secrets which Harry is either keeping or privy to.  In what books does he learn about them; who else knows and when do they find out; whom is he most worried about concealing the truth from; at what point (if any) did the information cease to be secret or relevant?  With so much secret information to keep hidden, even Harry himself must have trouble keeping track of it at times, so we readers could surely use a summary to consult.

Naturally, a thread about this topic would need to be either spoiler-marked in big, black capital letters, or chock full of hidden text with ambiguous headings (e.g. just "Lara" as a heading for the secret that
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 04:38:11 PM by Sharlee »

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2015, 06:29:38 PM »
This one is about to be eaten:

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,40361.msg1981336.html#msg1981336

It's not rocket science, but perhaps it is amusing enough?  If not, I'll save the choiciest bits myself.
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2015, 07:20:19 PM »
Note to self and other curators:

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,43724.msg2113241.html#msg2113241

Lez see if archival of some of these is prudent.

We are coming up on the theory buildup before and after the Skin Game release and need to make sure some of the topics of that time that aren't archived get archived.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2015, 11:47:54 PM »
Does anyone second this topic I made for discussion about Quantus's theory that Molly was a changeling from fae blood more than 1 generation back?
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2015, 12:22:37 PM »
Do I count?  ;)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2015, 01:26:26 PM »
Do I count?  ;)

I laughed.

And after some thought, I'd like to have a bit more input. 

I've already added the theory to elegast's theory index credited to you, and I'd like to add a link to that as the source, but that's not a good idea if the "source" doesn't get archived.  It seems that others were already thinking it, but that was the first I had seen it and it certainly is the first discussion that had the WoJ backing it.
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2015, 03:49:32 PM »
And after some thought, I'd like to have a bit more input. 
Makes sense to me, seemed like a bit of a conflict of interest for me to nominate my own theory  :)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2015, 07:48:22 PM »
Note to self and other curators:

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,43724.msg2113241.html#msg2113241

Lez see if archival of some of these is prudent.

We are coming up on the theory buildup before and after the Skin Game release and need to make sure some of the topics of that time that aren't archived get archived.

Hm. I believe there's:

Jotunheim is Arctis Tor / The jotun guarded the Outer Gates before Winter. (reference)

Donar Vaderrung is actually Thor wielding the Alfather mantle (Donar=Thor, Vaderrung=Youngfather). (reference)

Summer's hidden purpose is to maintain the World Tree. (reference)

Cowl=Cristos.

Harry will mentally time travel ("is unstuck in time") to the events of Proven Guilty.

Thomas is complicit in time travel shenanigans / has future knowledge in Proven Guilty.

Mirror Mirror's darkest timeline will complete a stable time loop that goes back to Grave Peril.

Those are the good, solid theories that I can pull from there now that I've checked out Elegast's index.
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2015, 04:06:43 PM »
My thread has sort of run its course in the spoilers section, but I had a lot of fun making it and put a fair amount of thought into it...perhaps it could be moved here for those who peruse the area to enjoy entertaining mega theories? I know its a bit self serving to offer my own but I think its at least worth the ask  :) Griff and I go into some other theories and scenarios thru the thread as well.

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,44852.0.html
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:57:53 PM by Eldest Gruff »
"Home is where, when you go there and tell people to get out, they have to leave." DDS

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2015, 02:40:20 AM »
We need to preserve at least one of the old topics about the SG relics possible uses.
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2015, 03:39:08 PM »
We need to preserve at least one of the old topics about the SG relics possible uses.
Id vote this one, as a recent incarnation:
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,45385.0.html

This one is also on the topic, but its more specific to the Knife=Spear line of thought:
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,45369.0.htmll

Not sure which if any older one's are still around or worth saving.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2015, 07:21:41 PM »
Just noticed that Prove Guilty Mysteries isn't in here. Been going through my Emporium to make sure all the links got migrated.

(Sidenote-- Serack, I did think of an answer to your Two Mantles Problem with regard to the Time Travel Harry theory, you know besides my Unstuck Harry theory. In The Flash, the Speedforce can only be claimed by one speedster per universe. We see this with Jay Garrick this season on the show, which reminded me of that arcana. The Mantles might work the same way: with Lloyd Slate holding the Mantle, Future Harry will have to do without.)

Also missing is The Starborn Conspiracy, and The Lady and the Knight, which is lost forever. That latter was post about Venus, Adonis, and the Goddess's Champion.

Could you also please unlock my Emporium so I can archive my Thor=Vaderrung and Faith=Free Will Gifting posts somewhere they won't eventually be eaten?
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.