Author Topic: DFRPG Character Manager v2.0  (Read 16534 times)

Offline Centarion

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: DFRPG Character Manager v2.0
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2012, 05:53:17 AM »
I just started messing around with the program (it is excellent) and I had a few questions.

Is it possible to get the character sheet to display the description for custom powers or stunts? Is the imported picture supposed to show up on the character sheet? Can you cross out stress boxes in the manager?

I guess this is more of a question about how the program was intended for use. Does one just use the manager to track everything and use the exported character sheet to print out and show people (or bring to the game) or is the character sheet (through IE9) supposed to have some interactivity that I haven't been able to figure out (mine loads the same on Chrome as on IE).

Thanks a ton for making this it really is great,

Centarion

PS. I think there is also a bug with the character phases worksheet (F6). When I viewed it having completed my guest starring story but with no information in my guest star redux the guest starring story appeared in both fields. So I tested with random data in the redux, and it still seemed to display the phase 4 story for both phase 4 and 5.

PPS. I am currently using the note feature to display info on custom stunts and powers, is there a better way?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:41:53 AM by Centarion »

Offline Locnil

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2012, 03:18:57 PM »
Is anyone else having trouble downloading this? >:(

Offline Locnil

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2012, 03:27:39 PM »
Nevermind, figured it out. :-[

Offline Locnil

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2012, 04:08:03 PM »
One thing I noticed - If you take The Sight, then Soulgaze, then remove The Sight, the refresh cost for Soulgaze is still listed as 0. Also, if you get Soulgaze, then The Sight, both will be listed as -1.

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2012, 07:24:05 PM »
Having trouble getting an 'always on' Enchanted Item - like the Warden's sword or a Harry's-Duster-type item of clothing.
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2012, 07:45:14 PM »
Always-on enchanted items don't exist.

They were taken out late in the game's development, though, so not everyone got the memo.

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2012, 09:50:09 PM »
I mean things like Harry's leather duster - was this taken out? I've seen mentions of halving power for an always-on block, then halving again for an armour value, and it's in my copy.
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Offline Rougarou

• Conversationalist
  • Just like Disneyland.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2012, 11:24:19 PM »
I mean things like Harry's leather duster - was this taken out? I've seen mentions of halving power for an always-on block, then halving again for an armour value, and it's in my copy.

Yes, that was taken out of the rules prior to release. Re-download the rules from the Drive Thru RPG site.
"So you fought a hobo who tried to use a ritual to make himself a god?"
"We called him Hobosus."
"What?"
"Hobo plus Jesus. Hobosus."
- From a DFRPG campaign.

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2012, 12:33:09 AM »
Is there a definitive answer as to how to handle this kind of thing, then? A 2+ block sound OP, but Armor:1 seems reasonable.

On-topic, great program. Really good. Copy-pasting into an editale PDF also gave me the presentation I was looking for.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2012, 03:59:51 AM »
Is there a definitive answer as to how to handle this kind of thing, then? A 2+ block sound OP, but Armor:1 seems reasonable.

The definitive answer is no. The rules do not support this idea.

If you wanted to change the rules in order to make that idea possible, you could do a lot worse than to use the "half strength" idea. I'd think it'd be worryingly good with attack items (spend 1 slot, never need Fists), but whatever.

Offline BigMrE

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2012, 07:28:33 PM »
I've found that when I'm trying to do rote spells for a wizard, there's no choices in element or foci, and when I type them in, it still comes up as an error when I try to validate.

Offline Thanatos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: DFRPG Character Manager v2.0 (Phases Worksheet)
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2012, 05:28:38 PM »
First, thank you for making this!  The skill calculation part alone is very helpful, especially when you have a skill-shuffling were-form.  Currently, I'm transferring the information over to the fillable PDF form for two reasons.

Using 2.0.3. Love it!
Only thing I have noticed is the Phases Worksheet. The Guest Star, and Guest Star Redux both print the information from Guest Star. Redux is not printed.
The first reason is similar to this issue.  When I look at the Phases Worksheet, it shows my Phase Four (Aspect, title, guest, story recap, everything) in both the Four and Five spots.  I don't know why it's doubled up like that, but I decided not to print it and just went back to the PDF for that page.

The second issue is much smaller, but it's why I decided to stick with the PDF for the main sheet as well.  I miss the pentacle graphic that normally shows up in the lower left.  I guess people could use that blank circle for their own symbol or a small character portrait, though.  Have you considered adding a way to import a character graphic to appear there?  The original pentacle could be there as a default, or someone could select a blank JPG to import if the really want the blank circle so they can hand-sketch something in.

Offline lordoracle

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2012, 09:37:06 PM »
Has anyone else had a problem printing the sheets? The box which would hold the pentacle gets shifted to the second page or cut off.
"If you steal from one author, it's plagiarism; if you steal from many, it's research." - Wilson Mizner

Offline RancorWolf

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2012, 08:33:25 AM »
Anyone else having an issue with physical immunity?  On my program it seems to keep coming up as +8 refresh rather than -8.

Cheers.

Offline MrClean

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2012, 03:01:24 AM »
I am having an issue with the Magic Elements not working 100% and not being able to change out after closing and reopening the character.

I am sending you the error message