Author Topic: Recovery Version of Phys Immunity: Help Me Price It  (Read 5217 times)

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
Re: Recovery Version of Phys Immunity: Help Me Price It
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
Disagree with that breakdown.

Dude, You're Dead! is at least as good as it is bad in my opinion.
Yeah, i thought about that. It's a bit of a judgement call. Could be either +/-0 or +1

And the healing drawback isn't really worth a whole refresh, I think.
There I disagree, not being able to heal unless some special measure is taken... I think that's worth at least 1 refresh.

But Belial removed the "wholly destroyed or killed by special means" part. That should probably cost a little extra.
Yupp, that's definitely worth something.

Anyhow, the end result remains the same. If you count "Dude you're dead" as +/-0 and keep the "wholly destroyed or killed by special means" part, then the cost comes out as -2, just as with my breakdown. And then the Trans-Mythic Recovery still ends up being at -8.

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2011, 09:45:48 PM »
And yet this 'trans-mythic recovery' still ends up being objectively worse than Physical Immunity, which would seem to indicate that it should cost less.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline zenten

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2011, 01:56:26 AM »
I don't think there should be a "trans mythic recovery".  I think it should be a separate power, that is susceptible to the Catch (even Captain Jack Harkness found something that made his power go away).

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2011, 02:27:15 AM »
I reiterate: Rename Physical Immunity. 

Instantly regenerate all physical harm. 

Wolveregeneration?
Deadpoolrecovery?
Dr. Curt Conners Factor?

Name it whatever.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2011, 02:57:59 AM »
Physical Immunity is underpriced.

Bear in mind that Mythic Toughness and Recovery together costs as much as PI x 1.5 while providing less protection than it.

The fact that Trans-Mythic recovery also runs into that problem is not a stroke against it.

PS: How big a deal do people make the special justification for Living Dead's recovery? Would people let someone take a Recovery power and use that? What if they just make a Craftsmanship or Scholarship check? What if they use Thaumaturgy?

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2011, 07:13:18 AM »
PS: How big a deal do people make the special justification for Living Dead's recovery? Would people let someone take a Recovery power and use that? What if they just make a Craftsmanship or Scholarship check? What if they use Thaumaturgy?
The Only Creatures we have seen so far that are relevant to this question are Black Court Vampires and Zombies.
Zombies don't recover on their own at all, they are disposable minions. They can probably be repaired by pouring more energy into them summoning new ectoplasm.

I'd say BC Vamps recover by drinking blood. Meaning they recover by using the Healing Effect of Blood Drinker.

Recovery Powers would be reduced in effectiveness i think. Let a Living Dead with Inhuman Recovery recover like a normal person without any powers. Though this is a bit questionable.

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2011, 07:30:35 AM »
What if they just make a Craftsmanship or Scholarship check?

This seems in line with what the power says when it mentions taxidermists.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2011, 08:07:26 PM »
So would Living Dead's healing drawback still be relevant for someone with Superb Craftsmanship or a base Thaumaturgy complexity of 8?

Or could they just patch themselves up whenever they felt inclined?

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2011, 09:26:24 PM »
So would Living Dead's healing drawback still be relevant for someone with Superb Craftsmanship or a base Thaumaturgy complexity of 8?

Or could they just patch themselves up whenever they felt inclined?

I'd probably have spend a scene, in which they can't do anything else, per consequence to heal. That's in addition to how long it takes to heal anyways.

So, Mild consequence: Spend a scene patching up and your're good to go.
Moderate: wait a Session... gathering supplies or however you want to justify the normal healing period. Then spend a scene to patch yourself up.
and so on.

Plus, I'd probably only let them patch up Mild consequences on their own. Moderates and Severes would require someone else to do it, or at the very least to assist in doing it.

But honestly, i'd be very wary about a PC wanting to play a Living Dead if it was my Game. So it wouldn't come up that much.
And NSC generally recover off screen, so it's not really important how they do it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:33:28 PM by Tsunami »