Author Topic: Edumacation And Enlearnment  (Read 147760 times)

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Edumacation And Enlearnment
« Reply #420 on: April 29, 2014, 08:36:10 PM »
My freshman year I took archaeology, Canadian Studies, Art History and modern dance to explore options, along with my intro classes for my major.  Loved each one but found that I really don't like history, so archaeology was out and the rest were more just interests that I could continue to explore as electives and on my own.
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 29, 2014, 08:37:47 PM »
I always wanted to get into Paleontology but my College didn't have any
classes in it

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 29, 2014, 09:25:26 PM »
Fwiw, there was not enough room in my curriculum for any elective courses, thanks to some questionable practices by Clemson (calling 5 year programs 4-year so as to not intimidate parents).  What electives I did have room for I got because I had AP credits that got me out of a few of the General requirements.  Some of the more intensive majors just dont really give you much freedom in terms of actual classtime to invest.  Ive known since I was knee high that Engineering was the Path for me, so transferring majors wasnt much of a concern, but thats far from normal Im sure.  regardless, even with that sort of situation you will never have more free time than College, until well after Retirement.  So in addition to electives, dont get so focused on the classes that you cant take advantage of the extra-curricular things around.  There were several clubs and activities (including a Skydiving Club!) that I could have been a part of but convinced myself I didnt have time for.  Had plenty of time for anime and DnD apparently :P

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Shinihime

• Conversationalist
  • When Terminally Depressed, Use Kittens as Antidote
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 30, 2014, 03:12:15 AM »
Not nessesarily, but it will mean you managed to learn a lot of stuff that was useful in other ways :)
So... does that mean that the things i learned that didn't keep me alive had nothing to do with survival, or does it mean that I ought to study self-defense, eating dirt, and camouflage?
Hello.  Have you seen my mortality anywhere?

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 30, 2014, 01:10:36 PM »
So... does that mean that the things i learned that didn't keep me alive had nothing to do with survival, or does it mean that I ought to study self-defense, eating dirt, and camouflage?
Whatever floats your boat.  Just keep learnin'   ;)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Shinihime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 30, 2014, 09:58:53 PM »
Whatever floats your boat.  Just keep learnin'   ;)
Yay.  Alright, will do~!

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 01, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »
I am in high school.  Probably one of the youngest users on the forum.  And the least educated.  :'(
Hey man, I'm a Senior this year. I was a freshman when I joined. You'll fit in regardless. ;)
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Shinihime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 01, 2014, 10:57:21 PM »
Hey man, I'm a Senior this year. I was a freshman when I joined. You'll fit in regardless. ;)
OK.  Now I don my beret.  Never face the internet without a good hat.

Offline Sully

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 05, 2014, 09:28:30 PM »
Fwiw, there was not enough room in my curriculum for any elective courses, thanks to some questionable practices by Clemson (calling 5 year programs 4-year so as to not intimidate parents).  What electives I did have room for I got because I had AP credits that got me out of a few of the General requirements.  Some of the more intensive majors just dont really give you much freedom in terms of actual classtime to invest.  Ive known since I was knee high that Engineering was the Path for me, so transferring majors wasnt much of a concern, but thats far from normal Im sure.  regardless, even with that sort of situation you will never have more free time than College, until well after Retirement.  So in addition to electives, dont get so focused on the classes that you cant take advantage of the extra-curricular things around.  There were several clubs and activities (including a Skydiving Club!) that I could have been a part of but convinced myself I didnt have time for.  Had plenty of time for anime and DnD apparently :P

Even non-STEM majors have this problem.  Most schools, music is a 4 year track, period.  No way around it.

Offline The-Lord-Marcone

• Participant
  • He Who Walks like an Australian at Oktoberfest
    • View Profile
    • Know of any work going?
« Reply #429 on: May 06, 2014, 10:21:10 PM »
2 Very different and very diverse career paths over here - Battlefield Medic British Army, and now have a teacher's diploma in Acting.  Oh, and I have my gold swimming certificates.
A man of many talents and few syllables.  He Who can converse in Latin needs to get their priorities in order. Hic Haec Hoc...

Offline etothepii

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 14, 2014, 10:55:42 PM »
Bachelor's in Mathematics Education.

Yep, I'ma math teacher  :o
Vajazzled

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #431 on: July 16, 2014, 12:47:19 PM »
Double-major bachelor's in anthropology and linguistics, and a master's in linguistics.

But I won't be going around correcting grammar; I studied minority and endangered languages. Sociolinguistics!
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Big Bad John

• Conversationalist
  • When I was younger... no, wait, I still do that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 10, 2014, 08:57:01 PM »
I've got a college diploma in Computer Tech, a couple of IT certifications, and I'm working on my Bachelor of Technology in Information Security right now. After that I want to work on my CISSP certification.
The only truly secure computer is one that is unplugged from the internet, turned off, and locked in a room to which nobody has a key. Of course, said computer is also completely useless. Computer security is all about balancing risk and usability. And making the other guy look like a better target.

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 17, 2014, 08:32:26 PM »
I'm currently working on my Associate's in Graphic Design, Multimedia.
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline moon

• Posty McPostington
  • Dr awesome aka neuro THANK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 05, 2014, 10:15:20 PM »
started my first year of universaty
my classes i have to take are
cell biology
skills 1
skills 2
human biology and phiseology
forensic science
and molicules of life
then i had to pick one elected modual/class so i did the edl ecredited ict part 1

also i have joined the karate club

sooo yeah uni is awesome and i am learning lots
may you live in interesting times

My Guide Dog Layla is pawsome
@blindseyeview for pictures ect