Author Topic: The truth about Fitz  (Read 58402 times)

Offline tallgrrl

• Conversationalist
  • I worked hard to find the right grey cat picture!!
    • View Profile
Interesting all around!  I've really got to read or listen to GS again... obviously three times isn't enough.  So far, the only book in the whole series I've only read once is Changes. I just can't bring myself to read it again, and yes, I'm sure I'm missing a lot of details because of it... I still can't do it though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~Real men wear kilts!~~~~~~~~~~~
/// Death before Dishonor… nothing before coffee ///

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Interesting theory.  From the description of Fitz, and the special note from the dubious demon source about how the line will always survive, I like it. 

On Tera abandoning her pup, it does seem a bit out of character (though admittedly thats based on very little), but there are a lot of things that could have been out of her control.  He may have run away, she may have thought he needed to live with humans, somebody higher up in her pack's pecking order may have forced her to do it, etc.  I dont see her making the choice purely due to the danger of the loup garou, as she began her relationship with Finn in spite of if not because of the curse. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
And we know she is out there, since LtW said at one point that she sent her regards.

We know she was out there in SK.  If she has a normal wolf lifespan, she might well not be around now for entirely natural reasons.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Unless a wolf wizard get the same sort of extended lifespan as a human one...  ;)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
EMacB has a tiein theory that is pretty interesting.  Waiting impatiently for him to post it.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline brokenward

• Participant
    • View Profile
My guess: He is the son of the hellhound or drakul and he gets fidelacchius.
oops I just stepped on the last spotted owl

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
Unless a wolf wizard get the same sort of extended lifespan as a human one...  ;)

But is she a wolf wizard, or a wolf werehuman; ISTR there being something in the RPG about Harry actually being wrong that the Alphas are like practitioners with one spell, but that it's a different thing altogether, and I am not recalling anything to say the Alphas get extended lifespans.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
But is she a wolf wizard, or a wolf werehuman; ISTR there being something in the RPG about Harry actually being wrong that the Alphas are like practitioners with one spell, but that it's a different thing altogether, and I am not recalling anything to say the Alphas get extended lifespans.
Interesting point.  Id always assumed the Alpha's wouldnt get the lifespan purely on a strength basis, working off the unverified assumption that the lifespan/healing perk comes into play around the same general power level as the Sight, Soulgazes, and the murphionic field, but I have nothing to really back that up.  Would a wolf Werehuman be anything life the difference between a weregoat and a goatwere? (mentioned by bob in passing in SmF)

Can't speak to RPG material, as I don't have a local gaming group anymore and so have never had the need to crawl through them like I should. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Isendre

• Participant
    • View Profile
Just a thought, but Tera was normally a wolf from what I gather, and if she gave birth to a human, it would make sense to me at least that like Harry with little Maggie she might try to put him somewhere he will be safe and insulated from her and MacFinns world.

So while I can't see her willingly abandoning her child, I can see her being forced into the situation.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Just a thought, but Tera was normally a wolf from what I gather, and if she gave birth to a human, it would make sense to me at least that like Harry with little Maggie she might try to put him somewhere he will be safe and insulated from her and MacFinns world.

So while I can't see her willingly abandoning her child, I can see her being forced into the situation.
and so then like harry Susan she ultimately failed miserably at the attempt...
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Paladino

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile

Assuming she knew Macfin curse was hereditary it would have been pretty stupid of her... I still belive the run away, forced was more likely. Hey and just because we he never said it, it dosent mean he dosent know what he is/will become.

Offline Phariah

• Posty McPostington
  • When you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.
    • View Profile
so far this theory seems to be possible just from what we have seen. i still am not sure as to the timing. also if Fitz was out in the city as a child wouldn't Tera ask Harry to watch for him?

here is another thought for the Fitz is Tera's son idea. he has pack mentality. he went back to save his pack.
Duty is as heavy as a mountain
  Death is as light as a feather

DV Phariah V1.2 YR 2 FR0.5 BK+++RP JB- TH WG+++ CL SW BC+ MC--- SH[Murphy++, Lara+]

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    • View Profile
I can buy into this one!  Given, as others have mentioned, it might not match up 100% with the timeline, but other than that, it makes sense.

If he's the son of a loup-garou and a wolfwere (I think that's the proper term for Tera), what does that make him?  Were-garou?  Loup-were?  :D

On a more serious note, if he is Tera's son, he's gotta play a big part in the series from here on, or at least in the next few books.  I think he's supposed to be in his late teens, so unless he starts wolfing it up, I think we'll need at least a few more years before he becomes a big player.  Molly is just now a big player, and she's taken 6 or 7 years to get here.  I don't think any of the potential wielders of the Swords (I've seen him, Daniel, and obviously Murph floated about) are ready anytime soon for the job.

So if he is going to be hanging around, I don't think any of us can predict with any degree of accuracy what his role will be.

Serack and EmacB--kudos on this theory!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 12:33:39 AM by habu987 »
Lt. Commander Habu reporting for duty as the 1st Officer of the USS Hollyprise, Captain Dresden.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
-Marine General "Chesty" Puller

DF Purity: 76.8% - Brute Squad

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Just another observation of someone with red curly hair and golden eyes..."a very tall, slender, inhumanly beautiful woman stepped out of the smoke.  Reddish hair curled down past her hips in a riotous cascade, complementing her flawless skin, high cheekbones, and lush full bloodred lips.  Her face was ageless, and her golden eyes had vertical slits instead of pupils, like a cat..."Hello, my son," Lea purred.  I stepped forward, between the faerie and Michael and said, in a rough voice, "Hello Godmother."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 12:38:33 AM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Aakaakaak

• Posty McPostington
  • Kittens taste great and stay crunchy in milk!
    • View Profile
Red hair.
Can hear the dead.
Very tall.
Scrawny, but still a teenager.
Probably a bastard child.
Therefore...the child of Gard and Hendricks.

Don't forget deceptively intelligent, like Hendricks.

I'm not 100% sure on Gard. (although it could fit) It could very well be, and some of those "side-by-side" moments could be less teamwork to protect the boss and more teamwork because they're in love. Because of her origins is she capable of having children? She's part of Odin's crew after all.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Clarke
"Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology." - Niven
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Neurovore
"Sufficiently advanced technology my ass" - Dresden