Author Topic: The truth about Fitz  (Read 58680 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Ok, so the "definitive answer" part might have partially been due to my being up waaaaaay past my bed time, but here's the evidence which still has me convinced.

Quote from: GS
He was youthfully scrawny, his skin bronze enough to look Native American, though his tangled red hair and pug nose argued otherwise. His eyes were an odd shade of brown, so light as to be nearly golden.

Ok first bronze skin on a redhead is really unusual.  ESPECIALLY in a snow storm.  Redheads typically have fair skin.  When they get a lot of sun they get freckles on top of freckles.  So the Redhead and bronze skin are off, and are probably from the 2 different sides of the family.
But here's the clincher.

Quote from: FM ch13
I broke out into a cold sweat and looked out the other window.
Directly into a pair of brilliant, feral, amber eyes.
"I am Harley MacFinn's fiance.  Miss West," she said.  "I am called Tera."

Quote from: FM ch9
Tera West was there, [/snip]
She was naked, her body a uniform shade of brown

Also, after mentioning how Father Forthill could sense Harry and Stuart because the good priests, ministers, shaman's can sense spirits Stuart says:

Quote from: GS ch9
"And dogs."  Sir Stuart added.  "Maybe one in ten of them seem to have a talent for sensing us.  Probably why they are always barking."

So if he is half wolf=>human shape-shifter, that might help explain why he can hear spirits.

Finally we have this.

Quote from: WoJ
“I seem to remember at a Q&A a few years ago, you said Tera West would be showing up in Book 13 aka Ghost Story. Is this still happening, or has her character been shuffled down the line a bit due to the change in total number of case file books?”
My first answer is “bump her down a couple.” But on the other hand, it might be interesting to see her again in this book.
We’ll see what happens. :)

I think she showed up in proxy too, as in not her, but as the mother of a new main character.

I believe Tera West is the only other character described with golden colored eyes, she had bronze colored hair, she was a Wolf, thus likely to have progeny that sense sprits, and she was the Fiancee of an Irishman she never married.

Sounds like all the pieces you need to put together a young man described in the first quote.

The only off part is the timeline.  I believe FM was around 12 years before GS, which means that either Fitz was already around somewhere, or he aged quickly (dog years).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:55:22 PM by Serack »
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Blackblade

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
I believe there was a WoJ stating that West would show up again within a few books.

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
I believe there was a WoJ stating that West would show up again within a few books.

Already covered ;)
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline rags

• Participant
    • View Profile
I don't fully agree with you at all......I too approached from the appearance angle and then went to wikipedia list of characters and tried to make a short list......I came up with Tera , Injun joe (Native American), Mac Finn, and white court vamps (cursed) but then kinda got distracted by the "definitive answer"....
I am not completely happy with Tera West angle.....why would the woman who cared for the alphas leave her own son?? But, I do agree that Tera West is the only one that fits the appearance....and from the given info no other conclusion can be drawn. Perhaps the Alphas were a sort of substitute for her "lost son"??

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
I don't fully agree with you at all......I too approached from the appearance angle and then went to wikipedia list of characters and tried to make a short list......I came up with Tera , Injun joe (Native American), Mac Finn, and white court vamps (cursed) but then kinda got distracted by the "definitive answer"....
I am not completely happy with Tera West angle.....why would the woman who cared for the alphas leave her own son?? But, I do agree that Tera West is the only one that fits the appearance....and from the given info no other conclusion can be drawn. Perhaps the Alphas were a sort of substitute for her "lost son"??

The cursed hint is 100% my hint to point people at MacFinn.  It's only based off of the other evidence, it's not canon.
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Talking about the Loup-Garou wanted to mention that they have "supernatural speed, power, and ferocity...They're immune to poison and to any kind of sorcery that goes for the Brain."  Now, that said, I'm not sure if this qualifies while they are not in form.  I did notice that Harry is suprised with the following:  "Fitz slammed a fist into the other man’s face with speed and violence enough to impress even me—and I’ve seen some fast things in action."  One thing I found interesting is that Fitz and gang go over to the Carpenters to eat while Murphy, Harry, Molly, Bob assault Corpsetakers compound.  And we know who is there that will sniff him out.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Paladino

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I got say that Serack theory is really sound, but you can never be 100% sure on TDF. But I'll tie my boat with his in this one. Since he seens to be in Chicago for a while (Time enough to joing a gang and make some friends he care about, and beside he says something about the last 6 months got much worse.) the only things left unexplained is why no loup-garou rampage on full moon. But  there is a lot of possible explanations for that(age, wolf-descendence, own secret circle).

Well, will have to wait for the next book or maybe more untill this is comfirmed. By the way any WoJ on possible release date for CD?

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
I got say that Serack theory is really sound, but you can never be 100% sure on TDF. But I'll tie my boat with his in this one. Since he seens to be in Chicago for a while (Time enough to joing a gang and make some friends he care about, and beside he says something about the last 6 months got much worse.) the only things left unexplained is why no loup-garou rampage on full moon. But  there is a lot of possible explanations for that(age, wolf-descendence, own secret circle).

Well, will have to wait for the next book or maybe more untill this is comfirmed. By the way any WoJ on possible release date for CD?

Someone asked him that at DC and he said something about it being due for him in... bah can't remember exactly but he said that he thought it would get released in July.  He sounded very un sure though, like that's not his purview, he's just the creative type that spends all day eavesdropping on his imaginary friends and then writing down what they say.
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline JinElusion

• O. M. G.
  • The Sword of the Evening
    • View Profile
Talking about the Loup-Garou wanted to mention that they have "supernatural speed, power, and ferocity...They're immune to poison and to any kind of sorcery that goes for the Brain."  Now, that said, I'm not sure if this qualifies while they are not in form.  I did notice that Harry is suprised with the following:  "Fitz slammed a fist into the other man’s face with speed and violence enough to impress even me—and I’ve seen some fast things in action."  One thing I found interesting is that Fitz and gang go over to the Carpenters to eat while Murphy, Harry, Molly, Bob assault Corpsetakers compound.  And we know who is there that will sniff him out.

And IIRC, He also gained immunity to Baldy's little mind control trick
"Even if I go to hell, I will live until the end of the world, and if the world does not end; I will destroy it myself." - Grahf, Xenogears

"There's gonna be some stuff you're gonna see that's gonna make it hard to smile in the future." - 2pac

Offline Paladino

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Someone asked him that at DC and he said something about it being due for him in... bah can't remember exactly but he said that he thought it would get released in July.  He sounded very un sure though, like that's not his purview, he's just the creative type that spends all day eavesdropping on his imaginary friends and then writing down what they say.

LOL That must be a fantasy writers problem. Well July is not so far away... And there is a lot of releases in the middle. New Saxon Chronicles, New Gentleman Bastards, Memory of Light, probally a new Witcher book, + plus Fool Moon portuguese edition (witch will compell me to read all the other in english again after i finish it).

I think i can surive untill there.

Thx Serack.

Offline Arkham8

• Posty McPostington
  • The Man with the Silver Voice
    • View Profile
Red hair.

Can hear the dead.

Very tall.

Scrawny, but still a teenager.

Probably a bastard child.

Therefore...the child of Gard and Hendricks.

I don't know about the Loup-Garou theory...wouldn't he have exhibited symptoms? Especially if Momma was a wolf and Daddy was a...well...
Arkham's First Law: Sufficiently charismatic bullshit is indistinguishable from knowledge.

Offline Bones

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Sounds good to me.

I can't remember how old Fitz is, but I do think a curse like that would be more effective if it had an age attached as the trigger.

I also have an issue with Tera West abandoning him, though. She doesn't seem the type. But we have no idea what's been going on with her all these years. She may have been injured or something. Maybe MacFinn sent him away and whoever was caring for him lost him somehow. Or maybe he ate his caretakers and ended up in Chicago. There are possibilities, I suppose.

Good spec.  :)

Offline Lajos

• Conversationalist
  • The mind is a terrible thing...
    • View Profile
Its possible that Fitz hasn't started changing, but will at any time now. Its also possible that he has been changing for a while now, but wasn't with Baldy long enough to have gone through a full moon cycle.

IIRC, MacFinn said his curse kicked in while he was fighting in Vietnam.

Offline Paladino

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Yes, but he never said if it was relevant with his age, or if that was the moment his father died...

But it open one more theory that the first transformation is related with emotions of risk to ones life....

Well at least Jim has a lot of options..

Offline ebliss1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile

In the wild, wolves leave their mothers at around 2 years of age. If Fitz is a wolf/Loup Garou-Human hybrid, that number may extend a few years since humans mature slower than wolves. This would keep the idea that Tera West was pregnant with MacFinn's child when Fool Moon happened in the relative timeline that we have here. It would be perfectly normal for Fitz to have been born to Tera as a hybrid, to have lived with her for a few years and then to have set off on his own to establish his own pack and start a family, or perhaps he was cast out by Tera because his Loup Garou nature made him a danger to her and the rest of her pack. He would have been ill-prepared for life in a city and would have sought the protection of a pack of sorts, which Baldy sort of provided. Also, since wolves typically support their pack-mates and only fight amongst themselves for alpha-male dominance, his actions toward Zero and the others are consistent.

His travel to Chicago makes a kind of sense in a couple ways also. He may have known who his father was through Tera, or he may have some pull toward where his father established his "den". Either that, or he has some sort of pull toward the individual who killed his father, Harry.

Finally, as we have seen with Uriel in the past, he likes to set op events to have oblique downstream effects. Bringing Harry's soul back so that he can 'find his killer" may have been just the mechanism for Uriel to save Fitz from being killed by Baldy, and thus starting along the path toward redemption - first for choosing the "light path" and perhaps eventually winding up as Amoracchius's weilder as some sort of penance to finally break the family curse...

Therefore...the child of Gard and Hendricks.

Interesting idea, but this doesn't work for me since neither Hendricks or Gard have amber eyes or look even vaguely American Indian.

IIRC, MacFinn said his curse kicked in while he was fighting in Vietnam.

If true, then this would indicate that the curse kicks in around adulthood - 18 or so
Making a Better World Whether You Like it or Not