Author Topic: The Accountable Writing Bar for bragging rights or sympathy hugs...  (Read 15251 times)

Offline Enjorous

• Seriously?
  • Prince of the Gutter since 2010
    • View Profile
Re: The Accountable Writing Bar for bragging rights or sympathy hugs...
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2011, 05:33:33 PM »
3000 words over the weekend so that only averages 1000 a day. Not great but not terrible.
Kentucky Fried Shuriken - Finger Lickin' Death.
Quote from: horsehearted
Nah, women are just batshit crazy ALL the time!  :D
87.1% Dresden Pure rank: Nicodemus

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2011, 05:39:11 PM »
Thing Which I Should Be Working On: Through pass on five more chapters, only one difficult bit remaining needing doing.  Also, bought ink for printing out the next draft.

Thing Which I Really Want To Be Working On:  Figured out a bunch more late plot-shape stuff.  It's amazing how much of that my brain does when I am stuck on particularly annoying software configuration problems at work.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Dresdenus Prime

• Conversationalist
  • More than meets the Wizards Sight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2011, 01:53:29 AM »
I'm currently at 72,000 words. My first five chapters have been revised and I'm working on chapter 6 now. Chapter 1 has been sent to two beta readers plus someone who is my unofficial "editor" and all feedback has been very positive. I'm getting more excited with every day that passes!
DV Dresdenus Prime v1.2 YR6 FR(M)1 BK+ RP- JB TH++ WGH CL- SW+ BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++++ Murphy- Elaine-- Mab+++++)

Offline Breandan

• Conversationalist
  • Fear the Combat Teddy-Bear Robe!
    • View Profile
    • the Dark Nova Novels Website
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2011, 04:25:11 AM »
Someone with a size 12 boot wind up for the kick. 10 days into September, and I've only gotten to 111,294
>.<
"You know, the sad part is, that whole Combat Teddy Bear Robe incident was done while sober... *facepalm* "

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2011, 04:28:50 AM »
Sorry I've only got a size 8 and a half.  But I could go get a sledge hammer if you want???
Me I'm stuck currently on the story/novella? I'm working on.  I know where I want to go but have gotten hung up in the middle.  Drats.

Offline Mishell

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2011, 10:45:16 PM »
I have passed the 75% mark in my current novel (first draft).  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel from here!

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2011, 04:28:02 PM »
Just got an e-mail back from Scott Lynch.  He's coming to my convention again this November.  SO excited.  Him and Pat Rothfuss run some great how to be an author panels.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2011, 06:07:44 PM »
No writing got done this weekend, due to an unfortunate combination of several different jangly sort of circumstances, though I did plot-building work for later parts of the Thing I Want To Be Working On. Nor will any this coming weekend because of convention, nor likely the one after because of exhaustion.

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Figging Mint

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2011, 06:20:20 PM »
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel from here!

watch out for train headlights.

Offline Darkshore

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2011, 12:33:33 AM »
Didn't notice there were so many writers on this board hehe. I feel pretty lazy right now as I haven't been able to touch my WIP for weeks...

Offline Mishell

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »
watch out for train headlights.

I should have heeded your warning.

I was supposed to finish my novel yesterday.  Instead, my 2-year-old got a stomach virus.  I haven't slept in two nights.  Now my parents are in town.  AAAAAAAAAAAUGH.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2011, 02:21:00 AM »
Thing Which I Should Be Working On; crunched down on chapter 20, and through pass to chapter 25.  I may finish this pass tomorrow, yay.

Thing Which I Want To Be Working On; yet more notes.  I am glowering at it and telling it to behave. I will get back to it Really Soon Now.

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2011, 03:39:11 AM »
Finally got my Apartment clean after I realized is was one of many distractions that was messing up my Chi/Ki or something.

Now that that's done I can outline the novel I have planned for NaNoWriMo next month. Hopefully a 50,000word book but it's already several dozen pages of notes and several dozen more to come including a Magic System i have no idea where to start with.
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2011, 02:22:27 AM »
...and it's a wrap.

Thing Which I Should Be Working On is a complete draft, now just needs transfer to a Windows computer, assembly (I work in one-chapter-at-a-time text files) printing, and mailing off.

Offline Breandan

• Conversationalist
  • Fear the Combat Teddy-Bear Robe!
    • View Profile
    • the Dark Nova Novels Website
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2011, 03:59:01 AM »
DNG has me slaved out to a laptop writing for the next expansion for the Dark Nova RPG, I haven't gotten squat done on the novel lately. Blargh! That being said, I have managed to write enough background material and filler for the setting of the universe that I am getting ideas for yet another book... oy vey...
"You know, the sad part is, that whole Combat Teddy Bear Robe incident was done while sober... *facepalm* "