Linked Events

• Signing in Boston, MA: August 03, 2011

Author Topic: Signing in Boston (Cambridge), MA on 8/3  (Read 24668 times)

Offline Prince of Styrene II

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Boston (Cambridge), MA on 8/3
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2011, 08:35:56 PM »
Hopefully my lunch hour will last long enough & pending nothing blows up, I'll be there!

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2011, 09:56:19 PM »
I am at Tommy Doyles now . The space at the coop isn't very big so best to get there early to get a spot
So my attempt to get there was thwarted by meeting a friend on the street and an unplanned nap. At the store now and all seats are already taken. I'm pretty sure the crowd will be signficantly larger than they expect.

I am debating if I should stand up and ask forum peeps to raise their hands!
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Bayani

• Participant
  • Financial Vigilante
    • View Profile
    • Division 401 Group Page
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2011, 10:15:15 PM »
Im just sitting in the back. I think 'm the only person who didnt bring ghost story to have signed.

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
  • Global Thermonuclear War
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2011, 12:39:13 AM »
Sadly could not make it
Imp's Corner

Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream-Lewis Carroll

Offline Bayani

• Participant
  • Financial Vigilante
    • View Profile
    • Division 401 Group Page
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2011, 03:14:18 AM »
I was sorely tempted to leave without getting anything signed but stuck out the two+ hour wait. It was hot, crowded (and some folks really needed to shower) and a pair of women to my left kept talking throughout the Q&A in annoying, giggly tones and I couldn't hear half of the questions or responses.

Offline Nexfalx

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2011, 04:08:53 AM »
was there. had fun. bought a copy which i wasn't going to d but did, took a picture so i have pics that it happened. now to wait for the next shot. hopefully he does Hartford sometime.

Offline Lycan2

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2011, 05:55:22 AM »
What a great time... Although I was hoping to get more Q&A time to see what information we could pull from his brain!! I atleast got to ask the first question(s)... What is Tot-tot's real name (which he didn't answer), and What do people see when they soulgaze Dresden (which again he didn't answer). Good time, got a picture with the man and got Ghost stories and Storm Front signed!! Until next time Mr. B, Until next time!!!
Life is a Journey
Time is a River
THe door is Ajar....

Offline delenntoo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2011, 06:18:45 AM »
I was there tonight and it was *so* worth it to me! Even though we got there 5-10 minutes late, had to stand in a packed room (which I swear had no circulation at all!) and strain to hear Jim's answers, then waited in line for 2 hours ... it was worth it! I was wearing my Burger King crown (the Transformers version) and hoping I'd see Fyrchick and friends, but I must have missed them. A man in the row in front of me asked me if I was from this Forum and if I was Fyrchick ... I said "no" of course, but totally forgot to ask him who *he* was! Duh.

I have a picture of me with Jim and a panoramic shot of all the people waiting in line - it was pretty packed. I hope someone will have a video of the Q&A with good audio so I can hear what I missed!

Offline Lycan2

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2011, 07:20:25 AM »
Wow... 2 hours in line... I got there at 4:25ish and I sat in the front row. I agree... Well worth taking the day off from work. Glad that he stayed and signed everyone's stuff!! I know that someone had brought some larps in to give to Mr. Butcher, wonder how that went!!
Life is a Journey
Time is a River
THe door is Ajar....

Offline dagaetch

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2011, 11:04:41 AM »
Hi all, I was also there and managed to record the second half of the Q&A. Posted at http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,28032.0.html. sorry that its only half, I dropped the camera and apparently lost the first half. Ah well.
If the building's on fire, it probably is my fault.

Quote from: AcornArmy
We are now debating the possible alternate-universe implications of a frozen turkey in freefall. I can't decide if I love the forum for this, or if we all need serious, immediate therapy of some kind.

Offline Crow

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2011, 12:50:38 PM »
That was me you talked too Del.  I think the heat was getting to me I just didn't think to mention my screen name to you
There is the world that is and the world that should be. We live in one and must creat the other if it is ever to be

Offline delenntoo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »
Wow... 2 hours in line... I got there at 4:25ish and I sat in the front row. I agree... Well worth taking the day off from work. Glad that he stayed and signed everyone's stuff!! I know that someone had brought some larps in to give to Mr. Butcher, wonder how that went!!

Wow, front row! I probably didn't even see you at all because there were so many people! Good to know Jim has that many fans.

Offline delenntoo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2011, 03:26:16 PM »
That was me you talked too Del.  I think the heat was getting to me I just didn't think to mention my screen name to you

Ahhh, I thought you might be. Did you have Jim write anything special in your book(s) when he signed them? I couldn't think of anything in particular. I was going to ask him a few (dumb) questions and totally forgot! Grrr. There *were* still about 30 people still waiting in line, so it's probably good I didn't.

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2011, 10:22:33 PM »
Ack!
I saw you Del!! I was looking around and saw the crowns and was going to make my own but I kept getting distracted. ('Cuz that NEVER happens). I was a few rows up but it was so crowded after the Q&A I lost you. I got to the Square later than planned so I didn't make it to any pub to meet anyone! RustySurfKing, Polka Will Never Die! and I were all sitting adjacent to the last shelf of sociology.
We talked to a bunch of cool people sitting around us, but I can't remember if we even asked names! argh! I was hoping to find other people but to those who asked... WAY crowded! It was HOT and it made me a tad cranky.

I did get my books signed, and got a picture of RSK and JB (who also seemed a little cranky by the time we got to the table). But it was a lot of fun and JB was cool.

The only negative thing I have to say is that whoever plans the signings should be prepared for a crowd. Considering that over the last few years he has consistently filled rooms to overflowing this space was WAY to small. Other than that it was awesome.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline delenntoo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2011, 03:11:20 AM »
Ack!
I saw you Del!! I was looking around and saw the crowns and was going to make my own but I kept getting distracted. ('Cuz that NEVER happens). I was a few rows up but it was so crowded after the Q&A I lost you. I got to the Square later than planned so I didn't make it to any pub to meet anyone! RustySurfKing, Polka Will Never Die! and I were all sitting adjacent to the last shelf of sociology.
We talked to a bunch of cool people sitting around us, but I can't remember if we even asked names! argh! I was hoping to find other people but to those who asked... WAY crowded! It was HOT and it made me a tad cranky.

It *was* incredibly hot and crowded. When I called the store to ask if we were going to need tickets or book purchase, the young guy seemed taken aback, like "why would we need to do that?" I told him that Jim was a popular author and that I knew people were coming from all over New England to see him (thinking of you, of course). Guess they didn't listen to me.  ::sniff::

I did get my books signed, and got a picture of RSK and JB (who also seemed a little cranky by the time we got to the table). But it was a lot of fun and JB was cool.

My son took one of me (wearing my silly Transformers BK crown) and Jim; it came out pretty good. How do I get it to show up in this Post? I clicked the Insert Image button but didn't know what info to put between the brackets. I have it uploaded at Snapfish.
http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/slideshow/AlbumID=4131237028/PictureID=170479202028/a=6488259028_6488259028/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:20:33 AM by delenntoo »