Linked Events

• Signing in Washington, D.C.: August 01, 2011

Author Topic: Signing in Washington D.C. (McLean, VA) on 8/1  (Read 63082 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Washington D.C. (McLean, VA) on 8/1
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2011, 06:03:31 PM »
Added to the first reply:

Consensus seems to be that we will be meeting before the signing at Gordon Biersch which is located directly across from B&N's first story enterance inside the mall.  As a plus, they seem to have a lot of specialty beers, and have a bald owner/cook in a spotless white apron.  Ok I made up the part about the bald owner/cook.  A DFRPG session may ensue

Thanks guys
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Zheryl

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2011, 03:05:19 AM »
Added to the first reply:

Thanks guys

Awesome!  I will call to see if they will let us make reservations a week or two ahead of time when we get a final head count.  Also, if they don't catch on I will make the reservations under the name Harry Dresden.  ;D 
The building was on fire, and it wasn't my fault.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2011, 09:51:55 PM »
Awesome!  I will call to see if they will let us make reservations a week or two ahead of time when we get a final head count.  Also, if they don't catch on I will make the reservations under the name Harry Dresden.  ;D 

If they don't initially, I'm sure someone will eventually considering there will proally be some kind of sign proclaiming the #1 best selling Author of the Dresden Files will be visiting straight across from them.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline kittenbot

• Conversationalist
  • kittenbot of doooooooom--is doomy.
    • View Profile
    • tweeter
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2011, 12:18:48 AM »
is this a bad time to point out that i have NO clue where the bookstore is in Tyson's Corner?

and grasshoppers can't talk anyway, dammnit!

Offline Zheryl

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2011, 12:20:00 AM »
If they don't initially, I'm sure someone will eventually considering there will proally be some kind of sign proclaiming the #1 best selling Author of the Dresden Files will be visiting straight across from them.

I'm not too worried about it.  Once it's written down in the book or entered in the computer I doubt they'll think twice about it.  At least until you show up dressed as Harry, that may warrant a few raised eyebrows, but considering it's DC, I doubt you will be the strangest thing they've ever seen.  If they do push the issue I will just tell them we are having a Wake to honor the memory of our dear departed friend Harry.   :'(

Offline Zheryl

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2011, 12:21:40 AM »
is this a bad time to point out that i have NO clue where the bookstore is in Tyson's Corner?

Check out the Tysons Corner Center website's directory map.  It's in the upper right corner.

Offline comprex

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2011, 05:23:08 PM »

It also happens to overlook the Beltway.

Offline Zheryl

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2011, 10:58:58 PM »
Got our hotel room booked and are READY TO GO!!!!!!!!

Offline Zobilic

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2011, 10:49:47 PM »
I'm in. I am also in Erie, Pennsylvania. so I will Be going thorugh. Pittsburgh and breezewood. since breezewood is the only city on 76 after Pittsburgh I gas up there. I am more then willing to car pool, because I know some people eithe wont have a ride or want to put the gas money into it.

Offline comprex

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2011, 01:01:46 PM »
I'm in. I am also in Erie, Pennsylvania. so I will Be going thorugh. Pittsburgh and breezewood. since breezewood is the only city on 76 after Pittsburgh I gas up there. I am more then willing to car pool, because I know some people eithe wont have a ride or want to put the gas money into it.

As you come down from Breezewood, keep an eye out on the right for Hepburn Orchards Farm Market.    PIE!

Offline Katty

• Posty McPostington
  • Never been perfect. But neither have you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2011, 02:19:18 PM »
As you come down from Breezewood, keep an eye out on the right for Hepburn Orchards Farm Market.    PIE!

Don't buy the apples, though.  I have NEVER gotten good apples from there. 
"No one gets to their heaven without a fight." - Neil Peart

"I'm going to hell for that bit.  And I'm taking all of you with me." - Denis Leary

Offline comprex

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2011, 02:51:20 PM »
Don't buy the apples, though.  I have NEVER gotten good apples from there. 

Their winterstore apples like GoldRush are not bad.     Their summer Rambos, their mountaineers and pink ladys leave a lot to be desired.

Offline emblasochist

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2011, 06:32:02 AM »
How long do these signings usually take?  I lived 5 minutes from the Tysons Corner Mall last year, so I kinda really know the area, but seeing as how I work in DC at 10pm, I kinda need to skedaddle kinda early.  Not sure where I'll be coming from, be it Southern PG or St Mary's Counties MD...  Either way, I'd like to come.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2011, 01:54:06 PM »
How long do these signings usually take?  I lived 5 minutes from the Tysons Corner Mall last year, so I kinda really know the area, but seeing as how I work in DC at 10pm, I kinda need to skedaddle kinda early.  Not sure where I'll be coming from, be it Southern PG or St Mary's Counties MD...  Either way, I'd like to come.

Arrive early!  There's no telling how many folks will show up, and you'll want to make sure you're out the door with enough time to get to work.  Ask an employee which seating area gets called up first, so you get through the line quickest.

Offline doink67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2011, 12:59:06 PM »
I'm going to be there, and probably be there early, too.
DV doink67 v1.2 YR4 FR2 BK++ RP JB TH++ WG+ CL-- SW BC MC++++
"What would you like your name to be, Cross Wishbone Wishbone Cup of Tea Snake Sigma Snake Cross?"-Priscellie
"Do you know who keeps the gate?""Keeps the gate?""Keeps the gate.""Yes, I know who keeps the gate, he lives near the Outside."