Linked Events

• Release party in Kansas City: July 26, 2011

Author Topic: GS release party in Kansas City, MO 7/26  (Read 15558 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
GS release party in Kansas City, MO 7/26
« on: May 18, 2011, 01:56:15 PM »
Book Release Event -- Q&A and Signing:
Unity Temple on The Plaza, Sanctuary
707 W 47th Street
Kansas City, Missouri
July 26, 2011, at 7:00 PM

Requires a $27.95 ticket (includes one Hardcover copy of Ghost Story, one Stamped Admission Ticket, and one Guest Ticket if needed).
http://www.rainydaybooks.com/JimButcher

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
Re: GS release party in Kansas City, MO 7/26
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 12:35:31 AM »
So, who all is planning on being here for this? I've been informed by my company that they're not approving of any vacation days in July, so I need to know if I need to mysteriously get sick that day or not. ;)
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 01:44:43 AM »
I believe I would personally be able to attend that day. I shouldn't be on-call that week, and it's after work hours. Plus, it's not too far from where I work (though I have this sinking feeling parking will be a royal pain nonetheless).
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 08:30:13 AM »
Not if you park in the (free) garage across from Barnes and Noble, I think it's Saks.  It's then a short walk over to Unity.

Offline WiccanEagle

• Conversationalist
  • Blessed Be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 04:38:45 PM »
Well, somebody please video this for me. There's no way I'd be able to get there from Albuquerque.  :'( We're out here in the middle of nowhere where nobody ever comes.  :'( :'( :'(
Have fun everybody. Think of me here, all alone, missing everything, crying over my unsigned copy of Ghost Story....

(Have I elicited any pity yet?)
"I don't object to the concept of a diety, but I am baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance." -- Big Bang Theory

Ye GODS! I love that quote!

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 08:52:05 PM »
Well, somebody please video this for me. There's no way I'd be able to get there from Albuquerque.  :'( We're out here in the middle of nowhere where nobody ever comes.  :'( :'( :'(
Have fun everybody. Think of me here, all alone, missing everything, crying over my unsigned copy of Ghost Story....

(Have I elicited any pity yet?)

There's probably going to be another Virtual Signing this year, so you may have the ability to order a signed copy?

Offline WizardJay

• Conversationalist
  • Scientia est potestas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »
There's probably going to be another Virtual Signing this year, so you may have the ability to order a signed copy?
Oh gods, I'd love to be able to do that. I'd even be okay with owning two copies of Ghost Story for that.
Harry Dresden: *hypothetical dialogue* "Alright, you demonic screwheads, listen up! This… is my BOOM STICK! FUEGO!"

I've got a new nickname for our hero: Harry "Not-So-Subtle" Blastzone Burningfield Dresden.

The song's melody follows the river to the pond.

Offline WiccanEagle

• Conversationalist
  • Blessed Be
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 10:37:36 PM »
Wouldn't I have to wait until AFTER the release date to get a signed book from a virtual signing? I've waited this long, I might explode if I had to wait longer!

Besides, I like giving my local independent book store my business. Keeps THEM in business....

Besides 2, the whole idea is to be in the presence of THE MASTER...... (will he be bringing a Mister stand-in so you can be in the presence of The Master?)

Now I'm just blithering....
"I don't object to the concept of a diety, but I am baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance." -- Big Bang Theory

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 06:01:29 PM »
Not if you park in the (free) garage across from Barnes and Noble, I think it's Saks.  It's then a short walk over to Unity.
Heh. Shows how "well" I know that area of town.
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 08:33:05 AM »
Heh. Shows how "well" I know that area of town.
:D ;D  I only know because I'm always stuck as the driver for any trip downtown.  And for several years that B&N was the closest one to the Northland. ;)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 04:02:46 PM »
Well, I'm going to be there, but I have to save up my Nickels to do it.

Now I just have to decide who the second ticket will be for.  My father or my daughter... tough choice.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline LogicMouseLives

• Posty McPostington
  • Hop on the logic train!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 05:02:02 PM »
I'll be there with bells on! (Well, something on, anyway.) Got my tickets/book ordered and everything!

LML
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

DV LogicMouseLives v1.1 YR4.5FR4 BK++++ JB+ TH(+++) WG CL BC- SH [Murphy+++ Molly--] RP++ MC----FF++++

Offline lovejoy69

• Posty McPostington
  • Ignore it, run away, bonk the offender on the head
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 05:41:21 PM »
Wouldn't I have to wait until AFTER the release date to get a signed book from a virtual signing? I've waited this long, I might explode if I had to wait longer!

Besides, I like giving my local independent book store my business. Keeps THEM in business....

Besides 2, the whole idea is to be in the presence of THE MASTER...... (will he be bringing a Mister stand-in so you can be in the presence of The Master?)

Now I'm just blithering....
Get the best of both. Order GS from the virtual signing. That'll be your copy to keep.
Buy GS on release day from your local bookshop. Read it, then donate it to one of the libraries near you which haven't ordered it. (Yes, I know it seems beyond belief, but there are actually libraries which haven't seen the light and don't own all of Jim's works.)

$27.95 - that isn't chump change but it's roughly comparable to a casual dinner out for two.
Wouldn't you rather give up the one night at a restaurant to instead pick up a Burger King burger for each of you, then scurry home and curl up to read it?
And by donating, you could be spawning any number of future fans from that library offer, who'll become just as dedicated as we are???
And Jim's smidgen out of the two purchases will be going toward keeping him focused on what we want him doing, namely writing. No sense in letting him get dreamy-eyed about putting down the keyboard and finding something else to do in his life. Something less painful than writing, like bamboo shoots under the fingernails, or testing out beds of nails for mystical yogis...
"...when you know something the rest of us don't."
"It's like heroin for wizards," I confirmed.
   ===          ===
"And if the child was no warlock, she would have lowered the shield by now."
"No! I'm not dropping the shield until Harry says it's okay." She paused. "Uh, besides. I'm not sure how."

Offline WiccanEagle

• Conversationalist
  • Blessed Be
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 10:57:53 PM »
Get the best of both. Order GS from the virtual signing. That'll be your copy to keep.
Buy GS on release day from your local bookshop. Read it, then donate it to one of the libraries near you which haven't ordered it. (Yes, I know it seems beyond belief, but there are actually libraries which haven't seen the light and don't own all of Jim's works.)

$27.95 - that isn't chump change but it's roughly comparable to a casual dinner out for two.
Wouldn't you rather give up the one night at a restaurant to instead pick up a Burger King burger for each of you, then scurry home and curl up to read it?
And by donating, you could be spawning any number of future fans from that library offer, who'll become just as dedicated as we are???
And Jim's smidgen out of the two purchases will be going toward keeping him focused on what we want him doing, namely writing. No sense in letting him get dreamy-eyed about putting down the keyboard and finding something else to do in his life. Something less painful than writing, like bamboo shoots under the fingernails, or testing out beds of nails for mystical yogis...

Hey! I figured out how to quote!

This is actually a good idea, if I had the extra $27.95. BUT, that's actually not a dinner out, it's more like a month's lunches at work, or a 1/3rd a tank of gas to get to work, to make the money to buy the book, etc........  :'( So, somebody will just have to video the Q&A at one of the signings (or all of them....) and I will live vicariously through you lucky people!

Offline Mr. Ghostbuster

• Conversationalist
  • Jimbassador to the United States
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 02:45:11 AM »
I was originally planning on making a day trip out of the Kansas City signing but my only friend who is a Dresden fan can't get off of work. I don't think I'll be going by myself.
DV Warden of Iowa City 1.0 YR4 FR(M)1 BK+++ RP JB++ TH+ WG++ CL+ SW BC+ MC---- FF+ SH++[Murphy+++ Lara+ Gard+ Molly-]

Hi. I'm the future director of The Dresden Files movie. Wink.