Author Topic: any Nephilim players out there?  (Read 4137 times)

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
any Nephilim players out there?
« on: April 16, 2011, 11:39:21 PM »
I have a friend who wants to play as one and was wondering if there is any sort of standard out there for angel scions?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: any Nephilim players out there?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 02:03:59 AM »
I've never played one and I don't know of anyone who has off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure that there's no real standard for them.

That being said, I took a crack at statting some up a while ago. Reply #192 of the Generic NPC thread on the Resources board is where you'll find my efforts.

Offline Mal_Luck

• Posty McPostington
  • The Trope Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 04:50:06 AM »
I've toyed with two ideas. One is run it as a Champion of God template with Marked by Power and maybe Wings. The other I worked on with Koffeykid after I saw Legion.

Inhuman Recovery [-2]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
The Catch [+3] (Unholy Stuff)
Human Form [+1]
Wings [-1]
Razor Wings (Claws) [-1]
All Creatures Are Equal Before God [-3] (as the Sword of the Cross power of the same name)
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Speed [-2]
DV Mal_Luck v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK++++ RP++++ JB TH(+++) WG(-) CL SW(+) BC(++) MC(--) SH [Molly+++ Murphy++]

Offline Shadowman17

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 01:05:14 PM »
You might also consider adding Soulfire [-5].

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 01:29:39 PM »
If you are going for something similar to the half-celestial templates from DnD, a winged humanoid with some inhuman abilities and soulfire is good. If you are going for the Nephilim from the Bible (which were giants) the fourth template down this list of homebrew templates should suffice;
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,20398.0.html

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files Accelerated: The Emerald City: Requiem
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 07:02:38 PM »
There was an Eden Studio's Armageddon conversion someone (I apologize that I don't remember who) did that had Nephalim.  Keep in mind that the campaign is much higher level than DF initially.  This is a template that reflects that high power level though it might give you some ideas:

NEPHALIM [-14 Refresh minimum]
Musts:
• Must choose a High Concept that embodies the character’s angelic heritage
• Inhuman Speed [-2]
• Inhuman Strength [-2]
• Supernatural Recovery [-4]
• Inhuman Toughness [-2]
• Physical Immunity (Magic) [-8]
o The Catch: Only applies to magic (essence or taint based) [+2]
It's not the Heat, It's the Humanity.

The Emerald City Dresden Files Accelerated Campaign:   http://fate-accelerated-the-emerald-city.obsidianportal.com/

Offline MacShidhe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 07:50:27 PM »
One of the heavy hitting NPCs in my game is a Nephilim named Ben Abtunger.  I haven't statted him because he is the 5,000 year old son of a Grigori.  The Grigori were the lowest order of Angel but I'm still thinking they were pretty impressive.  I'm also assuming that experience adds some power on it's own. 

A younger Nephilim or one a few generations removed from the Grigori might work better as a PC.

Here's the picture I did of him.  He's the 6'8" bald guy on the right. 

Ben Abtunger, Dadunesgi, and Agador Raith.  These NPCs are the powers that be of Columbus. 

Full Assed FTW!

DV MacShidhe v1.2 YR2 FR 0.75 BK++  RP++++ JB++ TH+ WG ?CL+ SW BC+ MC SH [Murphy++, Molly--, Elaine -]

NERO Plot Merc - "Have Mod, Will Travel"

Offline Becq

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 03:09:51 AM »
I would consider Human Guise [-0] rather than Human Form [+1] for your Scion.  This assumes you want to have wings, and is probably not necessary otherwise; it would allow you to hide your wings when fitting in with humans without being a 'were-angel' and therefore powerless while in your mundane form.

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 03:46:31 AM »
I would also suggest taking a look at the mini-series Fallen, while it did kind of suck horribly it could be great for power ideas for a Nephilim. 

Roxy Rocket

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 06:41:59 AM »
Angels are nothing but soul-fire. People are people. Soul fire makes you more of what you already are, be you Dog or Wizard.

So maybe a scion wouldn't be a template but a rationale for why a person has inhuman recovery. Or maybe if they were cursed to be a werewolf their animal form would be more like a spirit animal, driven to protect the innocent like a fuzzy, flea-bitten knight of the cross.

I mean, it's not really core, fantasy christian angel stuff but it feels more dresden, more noir. And if your character template had to include real wings they'd get in the way just like that John Travolta movie.

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 02:50:58 AM »
I believe the idea she has in mind is sword weilding blonde with soulfire and wings she can "put away" though she likes the idea of razor wings. whether to use guise or form I'll leave up to her. The real question is What would be really appropriate for her Catch?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 03:06:01 AM by hank the ancient »

Offline Meta

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 06:03:13 AM »
A good catch for recovery would be something like only works in certain areas or on certain scenarios
ex: supernatural recovery only works on holy ground or when fighting a demonic power

for toughness maybe unholy or a weakness to some magic or do something like make an item is the catch ex: head band, pendant, or jacket so if the character takes it off or has it stole they lose the ability

not sure if you meant a catch for one of these or another power hopes this helps

Roxy Rocket

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 06:39:07 AM »
Maybe go with Cold Iron. That way guns would be less intimidating to her melee fighter paradigm and she wouldn't be particularly vulnerable against claws and fangs.

There's no real reason an demi-angel would be vulnerable to cold iron but there's no reason they wouldn't wield a sanctified ak-47 and throw holy hand grenades in defense of the innocent. Well, you can't use strength powers with guns but besides that...

What are angels supposed to be susceptible to, wrestling, riddles, caffeine?

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 06:56:25 AM »
Maybe go with Cold Iron. That way guns would be less intimidating to her melee fighter paradigm and she wouldn't be particularly vulnerable against claws and fangs.

There's no real reason an demi-angel would be vulnerable to cold iron but there's no reason they wouldn't wield a sanctified ak-47 and throw holy hand grenades in defense of the innocent. Well, you can't use strength powers with guns but besides that...

What are angels supposed to be susceptible to, wrestling, riddles, caffeine?

Wrestling, Riddles.... I'd say swords too.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 09:08:08 AM »
Well obviously they would be suseptible to Holy Oil. . .
(Anyone who gets the reference ears 50 geek points.  Which you can turn in for a smug look. . . )