Author Topic: Coming April: Fool Moon!  (Read 39478 times)

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
Re: Coming April: Fool Moon!
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2011, 05:13:23 PM »
As funny as that would be, it would be a violation of their privacy.  No can do! :D

aww, sadly i understand and can't protest.  ;D
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline LogicMouseLives

• Posty McPostington
  • Hop on the logic train!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2011, 05:42:06 PM »
Bwahahahahaha!

*Wipes tears of laughter away from eyes*

Thanks for the great joke, everybody. April first is way more fun on the internet that in real life (especially when your job is working with kids...)

And beautiful work, Payne! I always love to see a good Bard parody.

Can I second the request for a glimpse of the fake banner? I only saw the announcement this morning because of the newsfeed, and the banner's back to normal.

LML
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

DV LogicMouseLives v1.1 YR4.5FR4 BK++++ JB+ TH(+++) WG CL BC- SH [Murphy+++ Molly--] RP++ MC----FF++++

Offline Contrarius

• Conversationalist
  • Dingdong, Soul Eater Home Delivery, may I come in?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2011, 06:25:08 PM »
I am OFFENDED that I missed the banner. PleasepleasePLEASE post a link to it. Please?
I turned back to my table, leaned forward, and banged my head gently on the wooden surface. Several times.
------
When I want an opinion from you, I'll read it in your entrails.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2011, 03:34:27 AM »
NICE!!!

Thanks, guys.  But remember Prisc, Mickey and the others did all the heavy lifting on this one.  I just slapped it on the ass on the way out.   ;)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2011, 11:49:51 AM »
Okay, I will post ONE piece of hate mail, because I laughed so loudly I hurt something.  I'm still not completely convinced the person wasn't joking:

We do NOT support practical jokes! Practical jokes diminish us all by making light of honesty!  Practical jokes are not fun; they are demeaning to us all!

We enjoy hearing updates from your emails about Jim Butcher & Harry Dresden!

Continue with foolishness and we will cancel our subscription with you!

Point of Interest #1:  They are on an announcement list for a FANTASY AUTHOR.  Does fiction make light of honesty, too?  I mean, do we have conclusive evidence that polka will never die?  Doesn't that diminish the realm of physics, which teaches us that our sun will die in 5 billion years and swallow up Mercury, Venus, and Earth, and likely polka with them?

Point of Interest #2:  The announcement list is a FREE SERVICE.  It's no skin off my nose if someone unsubscribes.  The only loser is the unsubscriber, who now has to get information about book releases and other exciting stuff second or third or fourthhand.

Offline MacShidhe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2011, 12:47:34 PM »
If we moderators have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but googled here
While these banners did appear.
And this weak and idle link,
No more yielding but stiff drink,
Members, do not reprehend:
if you pardon, we will mend:
And, as I am an honest Payne,
If we have unearned fame
Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue,
We will make amends ere long;
Else the Payne a liar call;
So, good night unto you all.
Give us your hands, if we be friends,
And Priscillie shall restore amends.

BRAVO!!!!!
Full Assed FTW!

DV MacShidhe v1.2 YR2 FR 0.75 BK++  RP++++ JB++ TH+ WG ?CL+ SW BC+ MC SH [Murphy++, Molly--, Elaine -]

NERO Plot Merc - "Have Mod, Will Travel"

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2011, 01:21:31 PM »
Okay, I will post ONE piece of hate mail, because I laughed so loudly I hurt something.  I'm still not completely convinced the person wasn't joking:

Point of Interest #1:  They are on an announcement list for a FANTASY AUTHOR.  Does fiction make light of honesty, too?  I mean, do we have conclusive evidence that polka will never die?  Doesn't that diminish the realm of physics, which teaches us that our sun will die in 5 billion years and swallow up Mercury, Venus, and Earth, and likely polka with them?

Point of Interest #2:  The announcement list is a FREE SERVICE.  It's no skin off my nose if someone unsubscribes.  The only loser is the unsubscriber, who now has to get information about book releases and other exciting stuff second or third or fourthhand.

See, that's the type of thing I'd write as a satirical wink and nod of appreciation at a good Gotcha.  Or in an off the cuff satire of someone who really was offended.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2011, 01:37:08 PM »
See, that's the type of thing I'd write as a satirical wink and nod of appreciation at a good Gotcha.  Or in an off the cuff satire of someone who really was offended.

That's what I was saying, too (although it was through the filter of a couple of beers). My first assumption is almost always "Snark. Duh." :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Guardian 452

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2011, 11:51:51 PM »

Well, technically Polka has already been broadcast, and the radio waves should carry on through space forever...

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2011, 02:06:43 AM »
I think it is a joke.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2011, 01:56:20 PM »
BOOYEAH!

http://scifimafia.com/2011/04/the-best-of-april-fools-2011/

I wouldn't rank us above Scalzi's fake book, because I was laughing so hard I was in tears and ended up having to read the first massive paragraph to my coworkers so they would stop looking at me like I was crazy, but I appreciate the recognition!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2011, 03:55:21 PM »
BOOYEAH!

I wouldn't rank us above Scalzi's fake book, because I was laughing so hard I was in tears and ended up having to read the first massive paragraph to my coworkers so they would stop looking at me like I was crazy, but I appreciate the recognition!

I just wish they'd give you, Mickey and Fred the credit you deserve. And I still think a faux book 14, Cold Cash, would've rocked. :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline vanBATman

• Conversationalist
  • Reward: $60,000,000,000
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2011, 10:03:58 PM »
BOOYEAH!

"Which is to say:  It was a dark and stormy night"
:D

I just wish they'd give you, Mickey and Fred the credit you deserve. And I still think a faux book 14, Cold Cash, would've rocked. :D

Shecky... You've gotta keep that one quieter... it's only 12 months to next year...
DV vanBATman v1.2 YR6 FR.5 BK++ RP JB TH++ WG CL+ SW+ BC+ MC++

dimes for your dying dreams...

Offline cephis

• Posty McPostington
  • For the ZaLord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2011, 04:39:22 AM »
I mis-read the angry e-mail the first time and thought it said
Continue with foolishness and we will cancel continue our subscription with you!
I agreed for a moment untill I re-read
Still miss Bob DV Cephis V1.2YR4FR3BK++RP++JB+TH(+)WG+CLSWBC+MC SH[Elaine++Murphy+++Ivy+Molly++Marcone--- Bob---- Susan+(
(click to show/hide)
) Any male Ch-- Any female Ch+]FF+++MS+AND--

Offline netwanderer

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2011, 12:49:26 AM »
can i third a request for the banner to be linked too?
I'm sure quite a few missed it, reading the post is funny, but there is alot of talk about the banner, so pretty please with sugar on top, can we see it linked?