Author Topic: Dresden Dice..... Arranging large order to the UK  (Read 1605 times)

Offline elberon

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Dresden Dice..... Arranging large order to the UK
« on: November 07, 2010, 08:44:23 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if you've seen that Evil Hat have some awesome dice for Dresedn out now
http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/2010/11/06/dice-preorder/comment-page-1/#comment-14994.

Shipping to the UK is $31, Fred has said he'll keep 10 sets back so they can be shipped en-masse to reduce the shipping per item.

I'm more than happy to act as the focal point for ordering for anyone else in the UK who wants to get any of the 8 (I'm ordering 2) sets remaining.

If you're interested we'll need to move pretty fast  $13 +$3.1 to get them to the UK aka £10 according to XE.com this morning.  If you're happy to be boxless I'm sure they will fit inside a Jiffy bag easily enough so another £1.50 or £2.50 to have the box sent as well for pnp? (I'll need to look into this).

Post here if you're interested so everyone can see how were doing (and mail me at chris dot lewis at yahoo dot co dot uk for the getting things sorted side).

Just an indicator for how fast we'll have to be: 90 have been pre-ordered in the few hours after my rss feed told me about the dice....

Chris

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
    • Paul Anthony Shortt's Blog
Re: Dresden Dice..... Arranging large order to the UK
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 01:08:03 PM »
Depending on what the plan is for everyone paying, and whether you're willing to pack a set off to Ireland, I'd be interested.

Offline LordEntropy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 07:50:35 PM »
I am interested at approx £10 a set so count me in.

Offline Monkey Bloke

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »
I'd be interested in a set in the UK at £10

Offline Kuroshima

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:52:56 PM »
Tried emailing you at the address you provide, but the email bounced. I'm not from the UK, I'm Spanish, but I'm interested in getting a set or two of Dresden dice. Now, the $31 S&H is way too much for me, but if S&H to Spain isn't prohibitive (no more than £13-£15), and you can receive payments in Euros, count me in. Send me an email at my username at gmail dot com, and we will see how we can arrange for the payment.

Offline elberon

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 12:28:05 AM »
I've been looking into prices and the like, can you come back and say if you're good to go know of anyone else wanting some or whatever (there are about 400 set left on the webstore so we might need to move a bit quicker on this than I thought - which is both a good thing and a bad thing)

Myself: 2
Wordmaker: 1
Lord Entropy:1
Monley bloke: 1
Kuroshima: 1
Total 6 (current cost would be $19 per set approx)

Payment wise I'm thinking paypal, Kuroshima as there is a currency conversion involved paypal charge of 3.4% + 35c so if you up it to 12.50 euros each + pnp

Postage
Outside UK
with delivery confirmation £6.60 say €7
without delivery confirmation £1.70, about €2

Within UK
postage looks like it'll be £2.50

Packaging
50p for a jiffy
a bit more for bags big enough for boxes if you want those as well.