Author Topic: Avatar discussion  (Read 28400 times)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
Re: Avatar discussion
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2010, 06:02:29 PM »
Snowbank I find harry a little creepy will you change your avatar? (jk)
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline snowbank

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »
Snowbank I find harry a little creepy will you change your avatar? (jk)

for you, grey, sure!
ALIEN SPACE BATS!!!!!!!!

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2010, 06:17:51 PM »
Well Golly Gee thanks sb
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline JohnstonMR

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: The Need to Vilify Elaine...
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2010, 08:50:49 PM »
Most people just complain to the mods, as that is anonymous, and complaining to the person who is disturbing/creeping out/etc you can get a bad reaction depending on things like the persons maturity level, and wither the offense is deliberate or not.
Anonymous is safer, and works just as well, if not better.

Something about that seems backward to me.  NOT blaming you; just saying . . . to me the adult thing to do would be a polite PM expressing concern.  If folks want to be jerks in response, that's something for the Mods to deal with. 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2010, 12:23:17 AM »
Look Live and Let Die as sir Paul Mcartney says. Stay PG13 and away from TT and everyone leaves everyone alone. I think that this response to the Picture has caused more disturbance than the actual picture itself. Now I'm not blaming Snowbank, it isn't her fault but this issue needed to be discussed eventually.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2010, 05:47:21 AM »
I've found the avatar a little creepy, but if the owner likes it, it is ok. IMO, He or she has a right to have it. In fact, Shecky's new avatar is far more creepy for me. I've found it very disturbing. But I wouldn't ask for removing it. Everybody is intended to have the avatar they like (unless clearly TT or not suitable for under age public)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2010, 10:47:54 AM »
I've found the avatar a little creepy, but if the owner likes it, it is ok. IMO, He or she has a right to have it. In fact, Shecky's new avatar is far more creepy for me. I've found it very disturbing. But I wouldn't ask for removing it. Everybody is intended to have the avatar they like (unless clearly TT or not suitable for under age public)

Now, if you had read the Discworld novels, you'd call my avatar a big snuggly Greebo. :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline LavinChen

• Needs A Life
  • FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2010, 12:22:31 PM »
Now, if you had read the Discworld novels, you'd call my avatar a big snuggly Greebo. :D

It is just a cute little bundle of fluff... and my favorite avatar from the ones you've been using Shecky!
Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness. -Terry Pratchett

I love finger sandwiches. The distal phalanges have such a nice, delicate crunch.

Offline Lisa™

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2010, 02:05:54 PM »
It is just a cute little bundle of fluff... and my favorite avatar from the ones you've been using Shecky!

Is how I picture him, now.  Funny, that.  :D
Quote from: CrazyGerbilLady
Full Assed FTW!

Quote from: Snowleopard
I have a friend who'd say: "That sounds vaguely obscene and if there's anything I can't stand it's vagueness!"

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2010, 12:35:51 AM »
I've read some Discworld novels (hint: my signature) but I don't know who is Greebo, Anyway, I don't like your avatar.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2010, 12:47:52 AM »
Greebo is Nanny Ogg's cat, from the witch books.  Little itty bitty Greebo is known for killing and eating vampires. :)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2010, 12:52:10 AM »
I've read some Discworld novels (hint: my signature) but I don't know who is Greebo, Anyway, I don't like your avatar.

Oh, wow, my bad. Then I recommend that you read the ones that have the witches (Esme Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg in particular). Nanny persists in insisting that Greebo is just a big softie, while he chases alligators and eats vampires (as Laura said).
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2010, 01:00:17 AM »
Thank you Laura. I've never read the witches novels, so I didn't know that cat.

Shecky, I know there are lots of Discworld books and I've only read a few of them :-) . So I am not expert, but I like them a lot (even when they are a little difficult for me). I've decided not to begin reading witches for a while because I don't think I could stop. And I have  other things to read. (Sigh) There are many books waiting for me.

Thanks both of you for teaching me something, but...the avatar still disturbs me.

Edited to correct some typos.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 01:12:04 AM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2010, 01:08:47 AM »
*sadface*

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2010, 01:15:53 AM »
There, there. Don't look so sad. I'll reserve you a portion of the dinner I am cooking...meat bread (er, I don't know if you call it like that. It is like a roll made from minced meat, with some veggies insiide). It has a topping of parmesano cheese.
Missing you, Md