Author Topic: "Grey Court" Vampires  (Read 2595 times)

Offline blackheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
"Grey Court" Vampires
« on: July 25, 2010, 02:19:58 PM »
So, after watching the Season 2 premire of Being Human on BBC America and Underworld, I was considering hashing out a sub-sect of vampires not aligned with any of the "White/Red/Black/Jade" courts allready established.

Partly inspired by Moonlight and Being Human, I am thinking of a vampire type that loses their powers during the daytime, and has a catch for "Fire". So, during the day they are ordinary humans, but at night they have access to their supernatural powers.

Also, how would anyone simulate the Underworld "I jump from the top of a tall building/cliff and land on my feet without taking damage" power?
Physical Immunity: Falls Only?
I'm tempted just to make it a -1 refresh power.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 03:27:53 PM by blackheart »
"How do you carjack a Death Star?"
Gina Diggers, Gold Digger #99

Offline DesertCoyote

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: "Grey Court" Vampires
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 02:28:57 PM »
Mechanically speaking for jumping off a building,

[-1] Wings restricted to controlling a fall
[-0] Human Guise

Offline blackheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 03:11:48 PM »

[-0] Human Guise

Nice call.

Offline Mal_Luck

• Posty McPostington
  • The Trope Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 08:19:43 PM »
Human Form (Involuntary Change) [+1] might be better than Human Guise. While in Guise you can still have access to your powers, in Human Form you cannot (which is what you implied to in losing the powers during the day).

Blood Drinker [-1]
Human Form (Involuntary Change) [+1]; linked to:
Claws [-1]
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Recovery [-2]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
The Catch [+3 or +4]
1. Fire (Like Cold Iron [+2], needs research [+1 or +2, I'm leaning towards +2 since fire is a common vampire weakness])
2. Maybe Silver (a weakness to both Moonlight, True Blood, and Blade vampires. It may be a +3 or +4 so I think it's equal to Fire)?
3. Faith/Holy?

Total: -5 or -6

Probably Feeding Dependency [+1] and your "Cat-like Fall" [-1]. A Variant of the Tattoos of St. Giles [-2] might be appropriate if you don't want to feed on others. Maybe not glowing tattoos, but getting paler or eye color changes.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:16:22 AM by Mal_Luck »
DV Mal_Luck v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK++++ RP++++ JB TH(+++) WG(-) CL SW(+) BC(++) MC(--) SH [Molly+++ Murphy++]

Offline JustinS

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 04:14:08 AM »

[-0] Human Guise

Or just use the inhuman strength or speed as bonuses to cross the normally rather high boundary between the rooftop zone and the ground zone.

Offline blackheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 01:37:08 PM »
Human Form (Involuntary Change) [+1] might be better than Human Guise. While in Guise you can still have access to your powers, in Human Form you cannot (which is what you implied to in losing the powers during the day).

Blood Drinker [-1]
Human Form (Invulnerably Change) [+1]; linked to:
Claws [-1]
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Recovery [-2]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
The Catch [+3 or +4]
1. Fire (Like Cold Iron [+2], needs research [+1 or +2, I'm leaning towards +2 since fire is a common vampire weakness])
2. Maybe Silver (a weakness to both Moonlight, True Blood, and Blade vampires. It may be a +3 or +4 so I think it's equal to Fire)?
3. Faith/Holy?

Total: -5 or -6

Probably Feeding Dependency [+1] and your "Cat-like Fall" [-1]. A Variant of the Tattoos of St. Giles [-2] might be appropriate if you don't want to feed on others. Maybe not glowing tattoos, but getting paler or eye color changes.

Very nice and pretty much what I was imagining. Thank you.

Offline nimrod_funk

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • www.slashdot.org
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 09:21:56 PM »
Being a vampire they would feed right? How and what would they feed on? Are they psychic, blood, or something else?

Also how have they stayed hidden without a court? I guess what would be they're story and background? Are the the result of a blood line between the mating of a demon and a human woman or maybe something darker? Are they a new race that's appeared or maybe they're a very ancient race that's maybe the children of Atlantis recently awakened with no memory.

Interesting idea.
Coffee is Jazz for the the soul.