Author Topic: Anyone in the Springfield, MA area  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Some1sknight

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Anyone in the Springfield, MA area
« on: July 25, 2010, 12:00:38 AM »
Title pretty much says it all. I'm a local RPG nut (temporarily gave them up while going to school, but finally have the time again) who's out in the middle of Western Massachusetts, wondering where all the RPGers are.  I'm a big urban fantasy nut (did most of my time in the old World of Darkness) who (like everyone else, probably) has been dying to get into the Dresden RPG.   

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:32:12 AM by Some1sknight »

Offline Todjaeger

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Alpha Burn Playtester
    • View Profile
    • Butchered New Haven campaign site
Re: Anyone in the Springfield, MA area
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 04:47:00 AM »
Not in the Springfield MA area, but I will likely be starting a campaign which make appearances at ConnectiCon HQ (Newington CT) on M.A.D (Member Appreciation Days) which I believe are the 2nd Saturday of ever month.  Newington CT is right by Hartford, so it is probably something like 30-35 miles from Springfield MA, which might make it too far for you, and I think you'd need to join ConnectiCon as a member to go to the MADs, but if that is of interest, I could see about getting more information to you.
Kill the Child, Doom the World...  Or is it, Kill the Child, Save the World?

Dresden Files Purity test: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

My results: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity-result.html?55:70:18:23:6:6:17:26:11:27:11:37:14:41:20:28:3:5:

Offline pfloyd

• Participant
  • Team Dresden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 06:41:56 PM »
Nice to see another one in-state... however I'm a bit east of you in Worcester.
Been trying to Dresdenize the Worcester area since the PDFs came out. Some luck, but not a lot.

Wonder how Amherst and vicinity would work?
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." -- Douglas Adams

Offline John Galt

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 07:08:51 PM »
Boston here.    Springfield and Amherst are way too far though.  Worcester, maybe.

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 08:01:52 PM »
I used to live in Amherst, up until pretty recently. There's a pretty robust gaming community in the area. Lots of people at Worlds Apart Games. Lots and lots and lots of people at UMass. Quite a few gamers at Hampshire College. I'm not sure if any are playing Dresden Files.

I know a bunch of gamers who live in the Boston area, but again I don't know if any of them are playing Dresden. I'm hoping to move to somewhere like Somerville in the next few months, and I certainly plan to start a game once that happens.

Offline pfloyd

• Participant
  • Team Dresden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 09:15:58 PM »
I wasn't thinking of gaming in Amherst... I was thinking on how the area would look Dresden-ized...
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." -- Douglas Adams