Author Topic: Making my head hurt  (Read 4526 times)

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Making my head hurt
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 09:29:50 PM »
That's a +0 Catch at best, given that it's already a part of the Item of Power discount. Also, an amulet is only a +1 Item of Power discount. Thought that does make the total cost -3, your version would have only a -1. Holy is also debatably a -1 power on it's own...though maybe only in a weapon. GM's call on that.

Offline black omega

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 09:48:50 PM »
That's a +0 Catch at best, given that it's already a part of the Item of Power discount. Also, an amulet is only a +1 Item of Power discount. Thought that does make the total cost -3, your version would have only a -1. Holy is also debatably a -1 power on it's own...though maybe only in a weapon. GM's call on that.
Have to agree with deadman.  The catch can't be 'it's an item' when you are already getting a discount from the item. The swords of the knights of the faerie get the item discount, and have a catch relating to the sounrce of the power.  Summer is countered by winter, and the reverse.

Offline Morgan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 12:41:23 AM »
Yeah that Catch needs some work, since it is already pretty much tied into the power coming with an object of power. Just knocking it down to a +0 Catch and tying it into it being an Item of Power should work just fine.

A question I had though was why it wouldn't work on all Faerie creatures from the Nevernever for it's Exorcism power? I can see a fair number of old Holy Saints putting the fear of God into the Faerie Courts back in the day. The Queens and other powerful Faeries will laugh at your +1 bonus anyway unless you can be very clever in your Ritual. I don't see how having tied himself to a Court could make a Pixie immune to the Saint's magic though.

Offline onetime

• Participant
    • View Profile