Author Topic: were form question  (Read 3183 times)

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: were form question
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 05:17:07 PM »
I think you could argue that the whole swarm was ectoplasmic while your body was off in the Nevernever, that'd probably easier than turning the whole 300lb physical mass into separate creatures. I think. Who knows, it's magic :)

As long as there is some sort of working explanation I think it works :)

Plus if people can become swarms then a Were-Hornet becomes viable! Imagine that as an NPC in a campaign, even just as a sideline monster that can be vanquished without feeling guility. I mean, who likes hornets?

Offline austinmonster

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 05:26:05 PM »
A were-japanese hornet.  Bugs bigger than your thumb who can sting over and over again.

That sounds like nightmare fuel right there if there ever is some.

Offline Leatherneck

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 07:23:03 PM »
I would play the Were-swarm as suffering consequences that would take full effect when returning to human.   Many of the Physical would have to be converted from Swarm Form consequences to Human Form consequences.  With the stress values would have to carry over true.

Example; A Severe consequence in were-swarm of “Scattered and disorganized” could become a Human form, “Concussion”.

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 06:16:08 AM »
I would play the Were-swarm as suffering consequences that would take full effect when returning to human.   Many of the Physical would have to be converted from Swarm Form consequences to Human Form consequences.  With the stress values would have to carry over true.

Example; A Severe consequence in were-swarm of “Scattered and disorganized” could become a Human form, “Concussion”.
Just pray they don't smash the hornets that remember how to tie your shoes.

The real kicker about were-form characters is that you pay the same for your supernatural powers no matter how they are "covered."

Like if you plan to have Speed, Strength, Claws, and Pack Instincts.  Well Claws and Pack Instincts are enough to cover the human form discount, so it would cost the same (theoretically) to have Speed and Strength be always on.  Granted you might not have the skill shuffle to fully utilize speed and strength in your human form.  It is something to consider.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 06:19:14 AM by JosephKell »
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 06:45:18 AM »
Ok lets put some meat onto the bones of my character so you can see what I'm after.

I would like to create a character who is a were-rat..... yes that's right a were-rat. He's the butler to one of the other characters possibly the wizard. He is a gentleman's gentleman. He blends into the background but is there to lend aid when needed from pasing the right fork to passing the staff/ rod/ shotgun in a fight.

Hmm, that just made me think of a custom supernatural sense: "I anticipated your request", though I don't suppose that fits well with a were-rat.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 01:30:25 PM by Drachasor »

Offline Nomad

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 12:15:54 PM »
As the alternate form, I would recommend a Rat-Man (yes we haven't seen a wolfman or similar yet but as Bob said, Harry knows less than all after all) form configured to be war form (or more correctly a supernatural thief). It suits the "unseen butler" theme more I think.
Waiting eagerly for the day when Arry will enchant a fluorescent tube lamp and use it as a lightsaber.

Quote from: Archangel62
Magically speaking he may be a thug, but tactically speaking...he's the cast of looney tunes after a few bong hits.