Author Topic: Audio example of play?  (Read 10805 times)

Offline chrislackey

• Participant
    • View Profile
Audio example of play?
« on: July 01, 2010, 05:01:23 PM »
This may be a strange thing to ask, but I would really love to hear so folks playing TDF:RPG! With all the aspects and tagging and Fate Chips being thrown around, I would love to hear how it's intended to be played. I mean, I have an idea, but I don't feel very confident about it.

Nothing really long, just a scene or something.

I would do it myself (I'm the co-host of the H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast), but I'm not sure how to play this game. I don't have any conventions going on soon and I live out in Yorkshire, UK!

Seeing (or hearing) examples of scenes being played out would really help!

Offline KnightKD

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Audio example of play?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 05:34:27 PM »
I heartily second that request! I would love to hear a session being played out, and I'm sure it would be invaluable to lots of others new to the system.

Offline pfloyd

• Participant
  • Team Dresden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 05:50:44 PM »
Sounds like it would make a good podcast, much like what WotC did with the PvP guys and Wil Wheaton... hilarious!
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." -- Douglas Adams

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 06:04:05 PM »
Sounds like it would make a good podcast, much like what WotC did with the PvP guys and Wil Wheaton... hilarious!

Care to share a link? ;D
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!

Offline pfloyd

• Participant
  • Team Dresden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 06:07:09 PM »
Not sure on a link. I got them by subscribing to WotC's podcasts in the iTunes store.
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." -- Douglas Adams

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »
Not sure on a link. I got them by subscribing to WotC's podcasts in the iTunes store.

DANG! iTunes ...  :(
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 06:22:03 PM »
You can find them on the WotC webpage for free download. Do a search for PA Webcasts or Wil Wheaton on that site and I bet you'll find 'em.

Offline Hrugin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 06:42:24 PM »
Link to Season 2 E1 of the PvP-PA Podcast:
http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4pod/20090218

Web Stream of all old DnD podcasts without using iTunes:
http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4arch/pod

Offline TheWalkingEye

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 12:14:12 PM »
Hey guys,

The Walking Eye podcast (www.thewalkingeye.com) is going to run about 5 sessions of DFRPG starting next week. We're going to do city/character creation and then probably 3 sessions of play. After that, we'll review the game (I've already played it a bit and I'm pretty sure our review will be a positive one) and then interview some of the designers. We've got Fred Hicks on board (assuming we can make the scheduling work, it is Con Season, after all) and we'll probably interview a 2nd designer as well.

Our first session is next week, so look for it to be released roughly Saturday, the 10th!

Offline chrislackey

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 09:36:24 PM »
Great! I subscribed to the cast!

CJL

Offline Omerus Banning

• Participant
  • Kicking at the Darkness Until it Bleeds Daylight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 05:37:33 PM »
I'll be following with great interest!!  Always curious top hear/see how people interpret gaming systems and how they use it "in real life".

Yes, I am a HUGE Rush Fan!!

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 02:13:26 PM »
Hey guys,

The Walking Eye podcast (www.thewalkingeye.com) is going to run about 5 sessions of DFRPG starting next week. We're going to do city/character creation and then probably 3 sessions of play. After that, we'll review the game (I've already played it a bit and I'm pretty sure our review will be a positive one) and then interview some of the designers. We've got Fred Hicks on board (assuming we can make the scheduling work, it is Con Season, after all) and we'll probably interview a 2nd designer as well.

Our first session is next week, so look for it to be released roughly Saturday, the 10th!

Is the mentioned cast available now? Can't find it anywhere on the linked site...

Offline TheWalkingEye

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 03:03:55 PM »
Unfortunately not. Real Life reared it's head and we haven't had a session since then. But we're on schedule for recording our first session this Wednesday! I'll probably edit it this coming Saturday and put it up.

Offline Edrac

• Participant
  • Does he have beer? If yes, will he share with me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 02:07:54 AM »
Unfortunately not. Real Life reared it's head and we haven't had a session since then. But we're on schedule for recording our first session this Wednesday! I'll probably edit it this coming Saturday and put it up.

Excellent. Maybe it'll help me sell the idea of playing the game to a few of my friends. also I get my books on Thursday... perfect timing :P
Cin vhetin
Once a person takes up the armor their past does not matter anymore.
Mandalorian Concept

Offline blues.soldier

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • The Action Point-- Gaming from a military perspective
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 10:11:25 PM »
[anticipatory bump]
"What ever you do, do it for love. If you keep to that, your path will never wander so far from the light that you can never return.”--Uriel