The Dresden Files > DF TV Series

This is a NO SPOILERS zone

(1/4) > >>

iago:
This board does NOT allow spoilers of any kind to be posted.  Please direct any spoiler topics to the appropriate spoilers board (found here). 

The general rule when determining whether or not something is a spoiler is this:

* Did it come out this year?
* Is it from a book that is currently only available in hardcover form?
* Do I have any doubts about whether or not it's a spoiler?
If you answered "yes" to ANY of the above questions, it counts as a spoiler.  Take it to the correct board.

Moderators will not take kindly to anyone ignoring this policy, willfully or on accident.  Post thoughtfully.

Added April 6, 2007:
We now have a spoiler tag; use it whenever you're posting something with a small amount of spoiler content on a non-spoiler board, or if you're posting an "off-topic spoiler" for a particular spoiler board (for example, if you talk book spoilers on the TV show spoiler board, the book stuff should be inside a spoiler tag).

Spoiler tags when used properly will look like this:

(click to show/hide)Oh my goodness!  Something spoilerish!
To activate the code, use the radiation symbol in the posting toolbar, or use the tags SPOILER & /SPOILER inside square brackets [].

It may also be a good idea to state what the spoiler is from, so the audience knows whether they can proceed or not.

Please make sure to "preview" your posts and make sure that the spoiler tag is working correctly. 
It breaks down to this:
ON-TOPIC SPOILERS ON A SPOILER BOARD: Do not need the tag.

OFF-TOPIC SPOILERS ON A SPOILER BOARD (e.g., book spoilers in a TV spoiler forum): Need the tag.

IN-LINE SPOILERS IN A NON-SPOILER THREAD: Need the tag. Note: This supercedes the “No Spoilers at all” rule…if it’s in the tag, you’re ok. But it has to remain in the tag.

Phil Boswell:
Any chance of enforcing this while the rest of the world is waiting for the episodes to arrive?

We have a child board for discussing the episodes as they're shown: could people please confine direct discussion to that board?

Amber:
Phil, you must have missed Iago and Mickey moving boat loads of threads into the other forum earlier today.  Older members aren't used to having another forum to post in, and brand new members probably don't read the notices.  The mods can't move everything as it gets posted, but they're trying.

Phil Boswell:
Well, it's not working.

Sorry, if people can't be more disciplined about this, I and many others from the UK are simply going to have to stay away until we get a chance to see for ourselves. Bearing in mind that the show is going to be on Sky One, not everybody will actually be able to see it, so we might well be losing some people for a longer time than just a couple of weeks.

I had hoped that the "poll" thread, started by Iago himself, might be OK to just see what people thought. However even that thread is packed with spoilers. Obviously people can't be bothered to read the notices at the top of the board, and they can't be bothered to move to a easily-accessible child board for their discussion.

I am very disheartened by all this.

Hazelip:
So...what the hell is this at the top of the forum?

--- Quote ---This is a SPOILER OKAY board for discussing the first season of the Dresden Files TV show, airing starting January 21st, 2007.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version