Author Topic: TV Series Timeline  (Read 41815 times)

Offline ButMadNNW

• Conversationalist
  • Trilling the Wire in the Blood (& some psych.)
    • View Profile
    • The Ladies of the Shadow Gallery
Re: TV Series Timeline
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2007, 12:54:27 AM »

Bob of the books ... pissed off the faery Queen.  In folk lore Oberon is Mab's son and he becomes the Faery king and marries Titania.

And Oberon regularly pisses off Titania. :D

*waves at Darkling* Glad you found your way here. :)
"I am but mad north-northwest..." ~ Hamlet
"Words will always retain their power." ~ V
"The bag is really devoid of cats!" ~ Harry
"As to errors of opinion, though I am not yet convinced of any, yet I nowhere pretend to infallibility." ~ Daniel Defoe

Offline Darkling

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Darklings we listen
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2007, 01:14:50 AM »

Bob of the books ... pissed off the faery Queen.  In folk lore Oberon is Mab's son and he becomes the Faery king and marries Titania.

And Oberon regularly pisses off Titania. :D

*waves at Darkling* Glad you found your way here. :)

Hello, ButMad.  Glad you lead the way. ;)

'The night holds more than darkness and the stars.' - The San Francisco version of the Lestat musical.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2007, 08:52:50 PM »

(2003/4): (Three years before the events of the show)  Harry uses black magic to "self-defense [Justin] to death."

You probably already noted this, but just in case: According to "Bad Blood" last night, he self-defensed him to death five years ago. :)

Fixed!  Stupid episode synopsis from the press pack was inaccurate.

Offline cynvision

• Participant
  • This space for rent.
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dreams Website
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 04:47:54 AM »
Priscellie...you rock!  And, um, 'Transcript-Fu'?  It's a martial art now?  Does this mean I get another Black Belt to put beside my other one?
I thought I was the only one nutty enough to try to transcribe a TV show.
"... I'm sorry for shooting *everyone*!" -- Lt. Sheppard
http://www.youtube.com/cynvision

Offline Dread Pirate Sayessa

• Posty McPostington
  • Did the cow creamer tell you that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2007, 06:45:55 AM »
Priscellie--  What About Bob let us know that Colm died in 1982.

I'm watching it again, just in case we can pin down any more dates.  yeah... that's why...   ;D
I ATE'NT DEAD

I still think 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit is "wintertime"
Thanks, SoCal.

Offline ButMadNNW

• Conversationalist
  • Trilling the Wire in the Blood (& some psych.)
    • View Profile
    • The Ladies of the Shadow Gallery
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2007, 03:18:17 PM »
Priscellie--  What About Bob let us know that Colm died in 1982.

In San Francisco, if that makes any difference. :)
"I am but mad north-northwest..." ~ Hamlet
"Words will always retain their power." ~ V
"The bag is really devoid of cats!" ~ Harry
"As to errors of opinion, though I am not yet convinced of any, yet I nowhere pretend to infallibility." ~ Daniel Defoe

Offline Hasufin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2007, 07:37:40 PM »
In San Francisco, if that makes any difference. :)
He died of a heart attack. In San Francisco.

I believe there's a song....

Offline ResultsAtypical

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2007, 12:29:56 AM »
Directly after the self-defensing, Harry is found and sheltered by Bianca, who refuses to suck his blood even when he begs her to...

"I never imagined losing my mind was going to be such hard work!"
-- Prior Walter, Angels in America

Offline purenightshade

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2008, 01:37:26 AM »
Quote from: Darkling
  I found Power of the Night on a Terrence Mann message board in Mp3 format and I burned that to disc.
Now I want Bob to sing!

OO I've been looking for that track for ages. I don't suppose you'd feel much like sharing?

Edit: never mind. I found it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 10:51:42 PM by purenightshade »

Offline Darkling

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Darklings we listen
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2008, 06:52:18 AM »

Whoopse, didn't realize you already found it.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 07:10:35 AM by Darkling »
'The night holds more than darkness and the stars.' - The San Francisco version of the Lestat musical.

Offline j3nnee

• Posty McPostington
  • Has the gift
    • View Profile
    • Blue Girl Graphics
Re: TV Series Timeline (spoilers)
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2009, 04:31:12 AM »
Just for reference... from "what about bob" you find out that Harry did know his mother but she left at an early age cause she couldn't take his father's constant moving around. In "birds of a feathers" the flashback to when he's in the room and the closet opens, he says, when his father gives him the shield bracelet, that he will find the monster that killed his mother and kill it. It's like he knew his mom but not very well.

I need to find the exact reference or let Darkling list it ;)

Offline Darkling

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Darklings we listen
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 11:20:29 PM »
Just for reference... from "what about bob" you find out that Harry did know his mother but she left at an early age cause she couldn't take his father's constant moving around.

You're mistaken.  It's sad (I have no life) but I have this episode, line for line, memorized.   She did not leave Harry and his father.  In fact during the argument with Justin Harry asks him if he's the one who killed his mother.   'Did you kill her?!'    'No. I. Did. -Not-!'  Dresden then looks to Bob and asks 'Is he telling the truth?' Bob stammers and then notices the piece of broken table flying for Harry and shouts to warn him.  Harry drops on the voodoo doll, Justin dies.   

Please don't misquote me.

I don't like finding out months after the fact that someone has been misquoting me to claim the show version of Harry's mother was alive and or that Harry knew her.  No. He knew about her.  In What about Bob Harry asks Bob if he knew his mother.  This is because Harry, himself, has no actual memories of her.  Bob replies that he did not know her very well but knew her well enough to know she was a force to be reckoned with.

When Harry's father gives him the shield bracelet in Birds of a Feather Harry asks 'Why wasn't she wearing it?' (he's talking about when she died) and Malcolm says 'I don't know.'   

I never claimed the show version of Harry's mother left him and Malcolm and I would fiercely argue anyone who would claim such a thing.  There were only twelve episodes but certain things were firmly established for it's mythos.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 12:59:49 AM by Darkling »

Offline j3nnee

• Posty McPostington
  • Has the gift
    • View Profile
    • Blue Girl Graphics
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2010, 04:06:23 AM »
Please don't misquote me.

I didn't quote you. I just said I remember hearing in one of the episodes that he said his mother couldn't take the moving around and had left. I never said YOU said that. I just said if there is that quote, you would remember and list it.

Please read things before you freak out on people and send them private msgs saying things they didn't say.

Thanks! :P

Offline Darkling

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Darklings we listen
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2010, 06:59:48 AM »
I didn't quote you. I just said I remember hearing in one of the episodes that he said his mother couldn't take the moving around and had left. I never said YOU said that. I just said if there is that quote, you would remember and list it.

Please read things before you freak out on people and send them private msgs saying things they didn't say.

Thanks! :P

That line is never said. (And it contradicts very important parts of Birds of a Feather and What about Bob).   You must have really misheard a piece of dialogue and I think I know which one.  I've been part of the weekly view in for two years having only missed it maybe five times, that means I've watched Dresden Files once a week for two years. You got it mixed up.  And I think I know where your mistake is.  In the Bad Blood episode, Harry's drunk and a little slurry, he mentioned complaining as a child because of all the moving around.  Bianca tries to console him by saying that's what children do, they complain. I think you misheard him in that scene.  If you have trouble with how he sounded in that scene the closed captions are pretty accurate.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:05:04 AM by Darkling »

Offline Empty Night

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 04:01:36 PM »
I'd just like to point out one tiny mistake - in Second City, when Murphy's dad is discussing Harry's family, he says Harry's mother died when he was three, not in childbirth like in the books. (He also calls her a gypsy, which I found really cool.)
Harry: Holy shit. Hellhounds.
Michael: Harry, you know I don't like it when you swear.
Harry: Oh, sorry. Holy shit. Heckhounds.