Author Topic: The Catch for Fairies  (Read 5182 times)

Offline Korwin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: The Catch for Fairies
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 01:21:23 PM »
Well non-standard bullets...

A full metal jacket (or FMJ) is a bullet consisting of a soft core (usually made of lead) encased in a shell of harder metal, such as gilding metal, cupronickel or less commonly a steel alloy.

Offline LCDarkwood

• Warden
  • Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: The Catch for Fairies
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 05:21:43 PM »
Yeah but who knows that Bram Stockers book is a manual? Those who allready know the Iron weakness of fairies?
Another thing, the RPG is written in-Game. So it exists In-Game? So there is an manuall for fairies (and Red Court, etc.) too...  ;)

Enough people know Bram Stoker's Dracula is a manual to have caused the near-extermination of the Court. So sayeth the Jim. Beyond that, I got nothing else; the Jim sayeth, I abide. :D

The in-world status of the game past the draft the RPG represents is uncertain. The implication we gave is that there's still a draft left to go, where all the names need to be changed to protect people and certain paragraphs need to be redacted. So we don't, in fact, know whether the RPG even got out. And even if it did, assuming the RPG exists when you're playing the RPG is... ow, my brain. :D

At the moment it would make sense for an Char. to have Iron weapons as an precaution.

I agree! But that character probably has Lore, or someone with Lore, to tell them to do so. Or a library. Or whathaveyou. I mean, you're a PC, right? It's your job to know these things or learn 'em quick, otherwise you wouldn't be the star.

The costs for The Catch are more player-facing than they are anything else. So for me, +1 for "accessibility" means that you, as a PC, are not going to have every Tom, Marsha, and Brent in the campaign trying to kill you with cold iron on sight, but you can count that if you're going up against a wizard or someone routinely capable of doing research or identifying your nature, they'll probably have taken precautions.

-L