Author Topic: Harry's Stats plus Assorted Other Stat Revisions (Small Favor through Cold Days)  (Read 169060 times)

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Aspects:
High Concept: Servitor Of The Fomor
Trouble: Unquestioning Loyalty
Other:
That Innsmouth Look

Skills:

Great: Fists, Guns,
Good: Alertness, Endurance,
Fair: Athletics, Conviction, Intimidation,
Average: Burglary, Lore, Might, Presence, Stealth,

Stunts:

Armed Arts (Weird Fomor Weapons) (Fists)
Footwork (Fists)

Powers:

Aquatic [-1]
Strange Sense: Sonar [-1]
Inhuman Strength [-2]

Up to -4 Refresh in Creature Features, Recovery, Toughness, and additional Strength powers.

Total: -6 to -10 Refresh

Stress:

Mental: OOO
Physical: OOOO
Social: OOO
Armor: By worn items or powers.

Good Initiative (Epic with Inhuman Speed, if they have it), Great attacks at Weapon: 2 to Weapon: 5 (depending on weapon) and Great defense.

And here are generic Fomor Servitors. Like I mentioned above, the basic idea was dropping their skills (they are now Waist Deep characters, potentially even playable ones in theory), while adding Inhuman Strength to compensate.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Aspects:
High Concept: Leader Among Servitors Of The Fomor
Trouble: Unquestioning Loyalty
Other:
That Innsmouth Look
Built For Violence
Not That Human Anymore

Skills:

Superb: Fists
Great: Conviction, Guns, Intimidation,
Good: Alertness, Endurance, Presence,
Fair: Athletics, Lore, Might,
Average: Burglary, Empathy, Stealth,

Stunts:

Armed Arts (Weird Fomor Weapons) (Fists)
Footwork (Fists)

Powers:

Aquatic [-1]
Strange Sense: Sonar [-1]
Inhuman Strength [-2]

-4 to -6 additional Refresh in Creature Features, Recovery, Toughness, Speed, and Strength powers

Total: -10 to -12 Refresh

Stress:

Mental: OOOO
Physical: OOOO
Social: OOOO
Armor: By worn items or powers.

Good Initiative (Epic with Inhuman Speed, if they have it), Superb defense. Superb attacks in melee at Weapon: 2 to Weapon: 5, Great attacks with guns at Weapon: 2 to Weapon: 3.

And here's a leader among Fomor goons ala 'Nobody' (who I would have as basically this with Supernatural Strength and Inhuman Speed as his additional powers). They're about the same power level as an actual Fomor and pretty dangerous. It's worth noting that they can usually use Conviction to resist all social and mental attacks PCs will attempt on them, simply because of how Conviction works and their loyalty to the Fomor.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 04:47:46 AM by Deadmanwalking »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Looks good to me!

Offline Jebm

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
I just re-read Ghost Story,  not too long ago and was wondering how you'd handle Sir Stuart's memory bullets. Also is Winter Lady Molly in the cards at all?. Glad to have you back btw

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I'm glad you liked them Sanctaphrax. :) There are definitely more to come (as well as an adjustment for Harry sometime soonish).

I don't know if we've seen enough of Molly as Winter Lady to stat her up. I mean, I can obviously just add a bunch of powers (and as few skills) on top of the version of Molly from Ghost Story...but I'm not even sure what powers, honestly (is she full Winter Lady level physically? I'm actually not sure).

As for Sir Stu's 'memory bullets' if I recall correctly that's just how he shoots his gun at all, and indeed how most Ghosts attack things (it's how Harry cast spells as a Ghost). It seems more of a world rule regarding ghosts (ie: how all their attacks are explained) than a power per se. If I'm not recalling that correctly it's because it's been years since I read Ghost Story. I really need to re-read the whole series one of these days.

And it's good to be back.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Well, we finally have a new book, with (PT Spoiler)
(click to show/hide)

If anyone is still here, does that have implications for his stats?

And what does Harry as Winter Knight look like now that he's had a chance to re-build some gear?

Offline Jebm

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Yeah, that's what I'm curious of as well. any chance of some Skin Game updates? and some ones from Peace Talks
(click to show/hide)

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Yeah. Some other things:

In PT, Harry gives a fairly detailed description of what his Winter Knight mantle "physical boosts" actually are.

Bigfoot/the Forest People probably need stats too.
(click to show/hide)

And
(click to show/hide)

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Well, we finally have a new book, with (PT Spoiler)
(click to show/hide)

If anyone is still here, does that have implications for his stats?

And what does Harry as Winter Knight look like now that he's had a chance to re-build some gear?

Wait.  There's a new book?

Offline Jebm

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
yup. It's called Peace Talks and came out last month and was apperently so long that it was split into two books, so Battle Ground, the follow up is coming out at the end of next month.

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Is it possible to get a ghost build for sir stuart? I am curious of what a strong ghost at high refresh would look like. An ghost story is a nice addition.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Wish I could. But it's been forever since I read GS and I barely remember Sir Stuart.