Author Topic: Preorderers: First Impressions?  (Read 9808 times)

Offline Darkling

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Darklings we listen
Re: Preorderers: First Impressions?
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2010, 02:15:44 AM »

I pre-ordered last night and downloaded the PDFs.  These are great.  I particularly like the second book with the character stats.   It could also be useful as a convenient companion book for the novels themselves  (At least up through Small Favor) and the game can be modified for online text based role playing games (which I do often).

The Harry / Billy / Bob commentary is great.  The illustrations are fantastic.  I love them. 

The one flaw I see is in the bio / stats for Lea it hints that she might be in love and that's why her kiss burned Thomas.  I thought this had been debunked here on the forums or am I mistaken?   Also in the bio itself it says that she's in love or someone's in love with her. I thought it had to be both ways for it to burn Thomas?

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 06:48:54 PM by Darkling »
'The night holds more than darkness and the stars.' - The San Francisco version of the Lestat musical.

Offline KnightFerrous

• Participant
  • Goblin Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2010, 05:55:49 AM »
*continues the slow clap he started on the rpg page*
No but seriously these books are amazing. The only problems I have with it are the fact that I won't be able to play right away and that everytime I open the pdfs I get another idea for a character I MUST play. and yet I cannot stop reading, tis a vicious cycle.
First ever Goblin Knight... so there

Joseph Smith
              HitWolf
Things found, Problems Solved
      No Birthday Parties

Offline Horatio

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2010, 05:06:14 PM »
Greetings from Germany :).

I've become a big FATE and Evil Hat fan over the last year or so, but even considering the already high Evil Hat standards this game is impressive. I really love the new write-up for social conflicts, the city creation sounds awesome and even that I had no idea what the Dresden Files were before, I had to find out that they are the heck of an RPG setting :) (and actually the game made me order Storm Front ;D).

The only part where I felt a little bit left alone are the rules for fallout (p. 257). Love the concept (and the take on magic in general), but I guess could need a few more guidelines / examples there.. but maybe that's just me^^.

Can't wait to try this one out^^. Hopefully I won't neglect my SotC Campain too much because of it :D..
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 05:24:39 PM by Horatio »

Offline thegrinner

• Lurker
  • Super corvus pennae ursa equitatus veho
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2010, 05:17:51 PM »
Loving it so far. My only regret is that I lack the money to purchase both now  :'(
Well, there's also how my reading the pdf on my Palm does horrible things, but that isn't the books fault.

Still, Your World is so much fun even for just reading. Can't wait to get the hard copy and pull together my friends for a game!

"I stopped believing you a minute ago."
"I'm surprised you believed me at all."
"You started talking a minute ago."

Offline Cripple X

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2010, 07:02:45 PM »
If the fact that I've been inundated with requests to join the play-by-post game I started this morning, are any indication, people are loving this game.