Author Topic: Questions Specifically for Jim, Part 3  (Read 134456 times)

Offline aikidoka

• Posty McPostington
  • I suffer from a very sexy learning disability.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions Specifically for Jim, Part 3
« Reply #300 on: September 29, 2010, 04:07:43 PM »
A question for Jim regarding the Barabbus curse.  How many times can Nic mandate a death with the curse?  Are there any limitations on who can be targeted and how many times a person can be targeted?  Inquiring minds want to know, though mostly just I want to know.
"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate." -25 star General Zapp Brannigan

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 29, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »
Nah, after talking in the killing Nic thread I want to know that as well. Something else that I also want to know since I saw some people discussing the possibility some time back.

Can you use the NeverNever to travel to other planets (or does each planet have it's own NeverNever)?
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline nthnclls

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 29, 2010, 07:11:13 PM »
Nah, after talking in the killing Nic thread I want to know that as well. Something else that I also want to know since I saw some people discussing the possibility some time back.

Can you use the NeverNever to travel to other planets (or does each planet have it's own NeverNever)?

I would assume that since the nevernever is an alternate universe (sort of), you could travel to other planets.
Corpsetaker was a psychotic, body-stealing, mind-penetrating, ghoul-enlisting, power-craving asshole, but he had a certain charm about him.
You can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather.

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 03, 2010, 12:39:36 AM »
where does all the pizza go???

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 03, 2010, 02:51:10 AM »
I ate it. *hic* *burp*
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 05, 2010, 03:14:19 AM »
I have two questions

1.) What is a Chlorofiend? not the plant monster that Harry fights, but the thing that he remembers Bob talking about.

2.) What is the favorite type of pizza of the Fae? Pepperoni? Hawaiian? All meat? Vegetarian? Combination? Bean Curd?
And Chocolate is associated with love and love killed the Dinosaurs, you are a genius Sjsharks

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 06, 2010, 06:26:49 AM »
Hi.  I've asked this question before and been pointed to various non-Jim posts, but I'd like to ask it here (and love it if Jim answered it):

Is the flavor text of the RPG Canon? I can see Jim disregarding the rule mechanics as he writes, but is the book filled with what Harry, Billy, and Bob believe the world to be (at the time of writing)?

Richard

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 06, 2010, 06:40:59 AM »
Listen through these clips I know that in one of these clips he gets asked a question about the RPG canon and he answers that it is in character for the characters to say what they say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmlxwr29UmY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfG2ZIdYdr4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atQi6Qez3y8
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 08, 2010, 10:05:38 AM »
Hi.  I've asked this question before and been pointed to various non-Jim posts, but I'd like to ask it here (and love it if Jim answered it):

Is the flavor text of the RPG Canon? I can see Jim disregarding the rule mechanics as he writes, but is the book filled with what Harry, Billy, and Bob believe the world to be (at the time of writing)?

Richard

Here is the best answer to that question by Jim yet.  He goes into detail.

RPG info @4:24  I haven't transcribed it because I ran out of room on the compilation topic.

My newest question for JB:

Storm Front says that the White Council only uses one sword to carry out executions.  Obviously this is Morgan's, so my question is, does Morgan's sword predate Luccio?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:08:58 AM by Serack »
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 13, 2010, 04:25:29 AM »
In "Grave Peril", at the party, Thomas said that Harry's godmother kiss him on the neck (and burned him). When I read it first, not knowing about Thomas-Harry relation, I found that very strange, out of the blue. Even the fact that Thomas knew that the Leanansidhe was Harry's godmother. But now I am thinking. Perhaps he made a pact with Lea to help Harry? (As Susan did).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #310 on: October 14, 2010, 03:23:53 PM »
I was looking over some of the WoJ's on the site and explained some of it to my mom when she asked about a couple of things.  Apologies if these have been asked all ready.

First, if Stoker and Lovecraft were "on to something", what about Mary Shelly?  Do Dr. Frankenstein's experiments exist in the DV and if so what happened to his Monster?

Second, who is Peter Pan?  NeverNever, Neverland, is there something going on here?
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Canicula

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 14, 2010, 08:00:33 PM »
Jim, you mentioned that wizard "Listens-to-the-Wind was of the Illinois. That was a sizable confederacy
made up of a number of cognate tribes: Peoria, Kaskaskia, Michigamea, Cahokia, and Tamaroa, to name
the five most populous. Listens-to-the-Wind also spoke about the annihilation of his tribe because of his
refusal to intervene.

As one who has studied the Illiniwek in depth, I concluded that Listens-to-the-Wind spoke of one of three
battles: the devastation of Kaskaskia (Village) in 1680, the extermination of the Tamaroa sub-tribe shortly thereafter,
or the siege at Starved Rock.
Did LTW refer to one of these three historically recorded events or something lost through the ages?

This is the link to my Illini web site and the pertinent sub-unit: Scholarly citations are provided.

http://rfester.tripod.com/iroq.html

Offline faithlessprophet

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 15, 2010, 07:27:28 AM »
Im sorry if this sounds too much like im asking for info in the next book, but in the DV is it possible for a ghost to practice ectomancy?

Offline stevem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 15, 2010, 11:31:53 AM »
Im sorry if this sounds too much like im asking for info in the next book, but in the DV is it possible for a ghost to practice ectomancy?
I think I recall WOJ to the effect that ghosts are merely psychic imprints or echoes.  If so, they don't think, are on auto-pilot and shouldn't be able to practice anything.
“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!” - Benjamin Franklin

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 15, 2010, 12:10:46 PM »
Not sure if I posted this here before, but I was really hoping to ask Jim this one had I met him at ComicCon.

It can easily take a frozen turkey over a minute to fall from an airplane flying at 30,000 feet, so was there a falling turkey already that the entropy curse diverted at the last minute, or does it actually somehow reach back in time to create the desired outcome at the right moment?

DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html